Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

queenbuzz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Deedree user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deedree
Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am so saddened to read of the vicious lies that have been posted here lately - I have just caught up with it all. Is there not a way to block these people from the forum? I am admin on a Freddie Facebook page and we just block any trolls like this one, wish we could do that here!

Is there anyone monitoring these vile comments that are being made? Obviously not. It is so sad as this was a happy thread filled with beautiful memories that Thor and Lee chose to share with us.
Please don't go guys!! We can get past this...

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 01:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This whole thing saddens me as well they got what they wanted.They didnt want new younger fans to know the truth.The older crowd knows the truth but anyone born 1985 on up probably doesnt because they were too young or not born when he passed.So this would be an opportunity for this generation that is far more accepting of each other to keep changing our world.So everyone can be excepted for who they are.I truly believe the book being published would give our young people another side of his story.By the way I truly hope Thor and Lee still do their thing with Villers on utube .That is gonna crack the ceiling.I think they will they have tough skins to survive all these years they have had to be tough.To me accepting someone is such an easy thing to do what's wrong with our society why is there shame in what God created?

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 01:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.......i may have been hasty in my not liking Adam!! He Is Talented. Honestly I wouldn't like anyone other than Freddie to be lead singer for Queen!!......that being said....i am warming up to him a wee bit. After viewing this tv special....i AM leaning towards the idea that Freddie would have liked Adam Lambert.

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 01:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am chiming in to say how UPSET I am about what is happening here!!!! What happened to the RESPECT people??? These are FRIENDS of Freddie. Wow.

Thor, Lee, and Shaun - I am sorry for what has been happening on this thread. There are a lot of really good people here. I hope you return after a break.

queenbuzz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 01:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blenkenlove,

I replied earlier but I still can't seem to do it right the first time. I have the large big screen TV going too. I started watching very skeptical but am warming a bit.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 01:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow BlackQueen'sKid,
I think YOU are more upset about this thing than even I am. I was moved by your words and realized I should not give up. Give me 24hours away and I will come back with a new positive attitude.
Thank all you others who have been encouraging to us as well. All is not lost...back to Ignore and Isolate...I hope not to slip-up again.

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 01:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Thoughts On Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's Eleven-Year Friendship With Freddie"

This is the title of the thread that brought me to this forum. This is why I am still here. This is what I will patiently wait for, and hopefully hear more about; an 11-year friendship with the man everyone on here adores.

I will forever be grateful to all those who personally knew Freddie, and so bravely shared their stories on a public forum where everyone and anyone can take a shot at what you say.

Hopefully, all of the good in the forum will overtake the bad.

Peace

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 02:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We, the True lover's of Freddie, ARE Strong! We have overcome troll-skullduggery before....we can do it again!!!!
Let's keep stitching pieces of our 'For the Love of Freddie' quilt together! It certainly does Not feel like our quilt is complete yet!!
Thor, Lee, SM and All the good people of QZ......we patiently await your return!!!
.....Let's all take a deep breath and remember the Parsi creed......Good Thoughts, Good WORDS, and Good Deeds!!!

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 04:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blenkolove wrote:

We, the True lover's of Freddie, ARE Strong! We have overcome troll-skullduggery before....we can do it again!!!!
Let's keep stitching pieces of our 'For the Love of Freddie' quilt together! It certainly does Not feel like our quilt is complete yet!!
Thor, Lee, SM and All the good people of QZ......we patiently await your return!!!
.....Let's all take a deep breath and remember the Parsi creed......Good Thoughts, Good WORDS, and Good Deeds!!!

Jo T.

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 04:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn it, QZ! You aren't cooperating again. I only wanted to carry over the last sentence and you devoured my message, too. Pardon my language.

I agree, Blenko! Brava(o), Katydyd5 (You always come through!), doughnut, BQK and others, too! I second all your sentiments. The best part about logging into QZ so late every night is that I don't have to compose any original thoughts! LOL

My blood ran cold last night, and I thought I was fairly immune online. I almost wanted to bow out of QZ. Thor, between the recent San Diego-area synagogue shooting in the REAL world of your neck of the woods and the recent online drama on the thread, was your faith in humanity sorely tested? I don't blame you for needing a break. Enjoy some "mental health" days! I hope that your faith in humanity is restored upon your return.

Jo T.

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 04:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn it, QZ! You aren't cooperating again. I only wanted to carry over the last sentence and you devoured my message, too. Pardon my language.

I agree, Blenko! Brava(o), Katydyd5 (You always come through!), doughnut, BQK and others, too! I second all your sentiments. The best part about logging into QZ so late every night is that I don't have to compose any original thoughts! LOL

My blood ran cold last night, and I thought I was fairly immune online. I almost wanted to bow out of QZ. Thor, between the recent San Diego-area synagogue shooting in the REAL world of your neck of the woods and the recent online drama on the thread, was your faith in humanity sorely tested? I don't blame you for needing a break. Enjoy some "mental health" days! I hope that your faith in humanity is restored upon your return.

Jo T.

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG, I'm sorry for the 2x. Perhaps I shouldn't curse the Web site. You get what you paid for, right? LOL

Lsgp03 user is on Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 04:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thundergod wrote:

Back to my nap.

Hahahaha, retirement is the bomb! Go man go! Wish I could nap.....period.

thundergod

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 04:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I may be losing my mind, but is Adam Lambert's gayness being supported. And Jim Beach produced this? Wow, things have changed since the movie.

Deedree user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deedree
Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 05:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm that is a bit ironic, and you are meant to be having a 24 hour break aren't you, quick 24 hours that was Thor - can't help yourself? lol

thundergod

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 05:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just watched the Queen + Adam Lambert special on TV. I thought it was handled surprisingly well..

matt z user is on Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 4184 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thundergod wrote:

I just watched the Queen + Adam Lambert special on TV. I thought it was handled surprisingly well..

Ditto. It wasn't all lip service (save for the unnecessary ABC correspondent) and it was balanced and nuanced. I hope your thread gets back on the rails and the project gets a greenlight!

Only gripe is there weren't many contemporaries as talking heads.soon that part was a disguised commercial for mass audiences and didn't include folks like metallica, Bruce Dickinson, rob halford, Iommi etc.

It WAS appealing to over 40's DEF LEPPARD fans because that was all there. Oh well. So little time!

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
thundergod

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 05:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good to see you again Matt Z. Our two year anniversary is rapidly approaching! HaHaHa

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Thor,

I also watched the Queen + Adam Lambert special on TV tonight and enjoyed it quite a bit. I wasn't sure what to expect at first...but was very happy they had clips of Freddie throughout the show and even happier that many of the clips showed Freddie's great sense of humor. Freddie still sparkles! (As usual though, I get a bit teary when I see Freddie on the concert screen behind the guys)