Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I missed it *cries* it will be on Hulu tomorrow

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 06:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Am I the only one who noticed in all the concerts (tours) Freddie sings Somebody to Love. Except in the Magic Tour cause he already had :)

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 06:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I need to figure out how I can watch it as I think it was just for US TV, on channel ABC? Sounds as thought it was worth the watch.

Did they feature much of Freddie ?

Thor, Adam was already out wasn't he when he started with Queen, perhaps that is the difference? I read somewhere that he was started from winning American Idol because he was shown kissing a man a week before the final. Not sure how true this is ? It seems he was kind of shown in a bad light to those anti gay ?

JO.T Thank you

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stopped not started

Deedree user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deedree
Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 07:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am in Australia don't think it screened here oh well.....

cazgeorge user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi, I'm new to forums, I see there's lots of reading to catch up on! Not sure where to start ??

Honey.Chile user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 08:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just here to show some love, in particular to Shaun, Thor and Lee <3

koala user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 10:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm relieved the conversation here seems to be taking a positive turn again :-) thanks for not giving up on us, Thor.

The Queen + AL special sounds interesting. I did a little googling and apparently, it should be available to watch on the abc's website a week from now, here's the link: https://abc.go.com/movies-and-specials/the-show-must-go-on-the-queen-adam-lambert-story

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Koala thank you for the link, I shall look forward to watching it next week :)

Freddienotfreddy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really enjoyed the Queen x Adam Lambert special tonight. I adore Roger Taylor. He completely ran out of F**ks to give about 40 years ago. He was the only that had to bleeped several times during the show. I also thought the show was very open about Freddie which I liked and feel settles a lot of the controversy regarding the Queen machine supposedly wanting to erase the fact the Freddie was gay. While no one will ever touch Freddie, Adam is a seriously talented man and I love that he has put his own interpretation on the songs. He shows Freddie respect without trying to be a Freddie imitator. Anyway, I'm more impatient than ever waiting for July 24 when the concert comes Houston.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I, too, watched the Queen+Al special last night and thought it was very well done. I don't watch American Idol though I was certainly aware of Adam. It took me a while to come around to accepting him with Queen, but I've been fine with him for a while. After the special last night I'm so excited to be seeing them in concert in August. I was delighted to see so much of Freddie throughout the program. I've always loved that David Wigg interview because Freddie's personality shines through. His eyes sparkle and his humor and laugh are evident throughout. I'm glad the power that is Queen continues on!!

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Positive energy people looking good.

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

katy glad that you can now accept Adam ; I am not at the point yet where I am keen on hearing Adam singing Queen songs with Brain and Roger. I watched a clip that I found from the show and I just find it so odd watching Adam singing. Maybe once I get the see the show next week I will change my mind.

FreddienotFreddy good to hear the myth that Queen machine are trying to hide Freddie's sexuality is not the case.

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut,Its hard for me too to look at Adam on stage with Queen but I have to say he is a talented guy..Music is a huge part of Brain and Roger's life and I think they chose wisely.

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honey,welcome we are glad you are here.

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor,It Looks like he is being supported .This young generation is changing our world for the better.I think Jim Beach has no choice.I think Adam is a very talented artist and comfortable with himself.He's not a bad looking guy either what do you think????

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was I the only one in the United States on this forum that didn't watch this last night - LOL? I was not home - I did record it - glad to hear the good reviews. Looking forward to watching later.

A lot of good vibrations today - ( hope no one offended with the Beach Boys reference today - that's for our California boys!!!!)

Good to hear from Thor

SM - I hope you are still with us!!

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Um...the queen machine hiding Freddie's sexuality absolutely was the case. It's literally discussed in the great pretender doc and we all know Freddie was asked to being Mary to public events throughout the 70s and 80s. As far as it happening even now...how else would explain that bio pic (Mary shrine) if not to downplay being gay and being happy as a gay man?

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also thank fuck the tone of this thread is better now.

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee,Hello I didnt't watch it either.Everyone says it was good.So I'm sure it was.I'm glad Brian and Roer have good health and are able to keep doing what they love.I"m sad John isn't with them though but I understand.