Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 657 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lsgp that is a shame.
I have seen the clip of Dave Clark that you mention, if it is the same, is it the one where it looks like he is at an airport? Hopefully I will be able to watch the Queen & AL programme via the link that was shared here and then I can see how I feel. If Thor gives it the thumbs up then that gives me hope :)

I'm putting my mum head on now. Remember we want to keep this a safe and friendly place so it would be best to continue your convo via PM . I can't comment on it myself as I am neither gay or Bi put I am sure everyone has their own opinions .

Peace out and keep that smile on your bum

RussiaLand user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know why you feel sorry, Chevyman. I can't understand why your experience or mine should somehow be considered not real, whereas Charlies' should be considered real. And yes, Charlies has a right to give his opinion, as do I.

Only I didn't call anyone crap for expressing their opinion.

And then people wonder what the problem is with this forum... Maybe try to be a bit less aggressive towards others? Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with them.

I probably will sign off as well.

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Russia and it's not real. Whether you want to admit it or not. And you bringing it up over and over is only dragging this forum down. The fact is bi like many others on the LGBT community is simply not a thing. But like everything else that isnt real under the LGBTWVSHSHSJSJSK name they gave it a flag and everyone and their dog claims to be it. Ever logged into tumblr? Every single person on there claims to be it. Nobody called you crap. They called the lie you tell yourself a lie. But yeah by all means keep putting insults in other people's mouths. That'll fix the forum.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1714 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He meant the SUBJECT was crap, not you Russialand! Language/expression difficulty here.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I found the special on Xfinity Cable website so far it’s very good. Looks like I’m going to Queen by myself.....my friends said it’s not the same.
Jeez....it’s not a tribute band! At least it’s Roger and Brian, the Freddie hologram, the music and the camaraderie.
The only friend that will is in California and I’m on the east coast. Looks like I’m flying to California!

thundergod

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 16:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dustin, I just supported you...please calm down.

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not heated Thor. Just bored with the unnecessary drama started by some

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Theres a Freddie hologram now?

Lsgp03

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doughnut wrote:

lsgp that is a shame.
I have seen the clip of Dave Clark that you mention, if it is the same, is it the one where it looks like he is at an airport? Hopefully I will be able to watch the Queen & AL programme via the link that was shared here and then I can see how I feel. If Thor gives it the thumbs up then that gives me hope :)

I'm putting my mum head on now. Remember we want to keep this a safe and friendly place so it would be best to continue your convo via PM . I can't comment on it myself as I am neither gay or Bi put I am sure everyone has their own opinions .

Peace out and keep that smile on your bum

Hey there! I believe Thor did give it the thumbs up. I found the special thru my cable company website and watching now, and writing you during commercials. Very good so far 20 minutes in.
Yes, it was the clip of Clark at the airport, I put the link up several pages back.

thundergod

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A hologram would be so cool...is it true? Anyone know for sure?

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

there was a hologram Freddie in previous tours wasn't there? I've seen it during 'love of my life' and Brain is very emotional .
I find a hologram emotional but it's a very fitting tribute to Freddie.

Thor did you get tickets to go ?

Lsg if I had the money I'd fly over and go with you :)

thundergod

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got tickets for the We Will Rock You concert but the Queen + Adam Lambert Hollywood tkts were too expensive for Lee and me.

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian had said he would never let a hologram happen with Freddie because he felt it disrespectful in someway. But that was years ago. I wonder if he changed his mind. I think I would like a Freddie hologram more than Adam

Charlies boy

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut no those clips of Freddie weren't holograms but the screen behind Brian. They moved Freddie to the righr of the screen so he looks to be by Brian's side and Brian knows when and where to hold out his hand so at the right angle they look like they're reaching out to each other. I haven't seen any Freddie hologram. I have seen an MJ one though. Not in person but on YouTube and it did look cool.
https://youtu.be/jDRTghGZ7XU

Charlies boy

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also I'm not a 2pac fan but they did it with him too

It definitely looks eerie

https://youtu.be/uJE8pfPfVRo

Lsgp03

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doughnut wrote:

there was a hologram Freddie in previous tours wasn't there? I've seen it during 'love of my life' and Brain is very emotional .
I find a hologram emotional but it's a very fitting tribute to Freddie.

Thor did you get tickets to go ?

Lsg if I had the money I'd fly over and go with you :)

Awwww gee thanks luv!

Lsgp03

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is rather expensive, even more expensive than Elton John whose touring now as well, but since my best friend lives in LA, where I can consolidate a vacation/free lodging and a concert, I feel I should take advantage of that, considering she the only friend who will see Queen + AL. Of course with all the friends at home, the friend that is 3000 miles away will go.

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aww I see Charlie Boy. I think I have seen a Freddie hologram on a Queen Special German TV Show. I'll find it and share the link. I couldn't understand a word they were saying as I can't speak or understand German but it was a hologram Freddie singing 'Days of our Lives'. Jim , Freddie and Rudi were on the show ; Jim and Peter look quite emotional.

Thor, I would like to see Elton John next year but the tickets are in the region of £150 upwards...crazy. I imagine it would be a similar price if they tour back in the UK with Adam.

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

https://youtu.be/mTlfVAEegr0

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsg we crossed over but both mentioned Elton...how funny :)