Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 May 19, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, someone must have posted the link for the hologram. I'd like to see it. Can you repost the link?

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1084 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi katydyd

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Koala learn your shit before you make assumptions. I spoke with Villiers last night. I am not the reason she wants to pull out of this.

Posted: 01 May 19, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's nice to finally see a friendly face.And a positive one.

Radioblabla user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 01 May 19, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 wrote:

Hey, someone must have posted the link for the hologram. I'd like to see it. Can you repost the link?

Hi!
You can see the hologram in this video at 3.00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTlfVAEegr0

Posted: 01 May 19, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Radio. That's amazing, though I really don't understand the technology behind it. Too bad I don't speak German. I would like to have known what Jim, Rudi and Peter were saying.

koala user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Dustin, I never said you were the reason for anything, just that you were being a douche and spreading unnecessary drama here...which you absolutely were.

Anyway, this is the last time I'm talking about this. Back to Freddie and Thor & Lee.

Posted: 01 May 19, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow the hologram thing blows my mind. And they couldn't have chosen a more poignant song to use it in. I'm excited to see what kind of realistic "live" performances we'll be able to see in the future with things like VR advancing.

Also, do you guys remember when Freddie was shown on screen doing the ay-oohs at the 2012 Olympics? Not as amazing technologically, but really moving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EAl5YNIe3c

Posted: 01 May 19, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Koala fuck you you fat bitch.

Posted: 01 May 19, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember the Olympics too Koala. It was so moving to see him. I think he underestimated his ability to be a legend. Wish he could see all of this!

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 147 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thundergod wrote:

SO...moving on...Now the more important question is:
Was Freddie really a hologram at Live Aid while he sat home in his slippers?

No that was his body double was, since body doubles were the thing in the 80’s.

Posted: 01 May 19, 14:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dustin,I understand you may be angry but calling someone names isn't a positive way to handle your anger.And yes I have a anger streak in me too but saying those things to a woman arent very becoming of a man.I have talked to you some and you seem to be a level headed mature man.I will not disrespect you because I was taught to respect the elders .I dont know your age but I feel you have years of experience and good advice to offer when your not angry.

Posted: 01 May 19, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any woman that calls me a douche is getting what she asked for. I'll keep calling her what she is until she fucks off.

I'm not angry at you chevyman. Sorry you had to see that.

Posted: 01 May 19, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't doubt Freddie realized Queen music had a big impact, but I still think he would be surprised at how big they still are 30 years later. I saw this video of a huge crowd singing Bohemian Rhapsody before a Green Day concert, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnBNuqqz5g absolutely incredible (especially when you consider these are mostly young people).

Posted: 01 May 19, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw that video too Koala. I'm thrilled to see so many young people who are into Queen. My younger-than-me handyman was at the house to fix something and he happened to see my Freddie mask hanging on my fridge. At the time my youngest son and his family were living here temporarily. He asked me which of them was into Queen. The look on his face was priceless when I told him it was me. He likes them too, but wasn't expecting it from me. Just now I was at Toyota undergoing sticker shock. The young rep I was working with was talking about the music in the showroom, and I just kind of shrugged that it was ok. Then she had to go out to check my current mileage, so she had to turn on the car. I'm playing Innuendo in the car right now. She came back in wide-eyed and said no wonder I didn't think the showroom music was all that great. My love for Queen skipped a generation, but I had 14 months to indoctrinate my youngest grandchild and she's definitely a budding Queenie. They will go on forever.

Posted: 01 May 19, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy, that's a great story! I remember Peter Freestone mentioning in an interview that most young fans he meets inherited their love of Queen from their parents. This is a type of indoctrination I am 100% behind lol :) although I think the number of young fans has skyrocketed now thanks to the film as well.

DCQueenLuvr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 28 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone,

While watching that hologram video, I came across this one. It includes some photos of Freddie I had never seen before. A really nice interview with photographer Richard Young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9v9IA5Cv1A

By the way, Villier2, I hope you do the live with Thor and Lee. The trolls shouldn't shut down the fun for the rest of us.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LSGP......I insist that holograms come back into fashion as I absolutely need one so that I can send it to work for me lol .

Glad you all like the Freddie hologram on the German TV show. I wish I could speak German to understand what they are discussing :(

Katy I have an image in my mind of your 'younger than you handyman' I wonder if it is anything like the real thing ;)

I adored the 2012 Olympics, in an Interview with Freddie's mum she said she was sooooo proud to see her boy ......brings tears to my eyes. I think it is fantastic how much he is loved now...he fully deserves it .
I am doing my best to educate my youngest, she has seen the film and some of the decent documentaries. Her fav song is 'don't stop me now and 'Radio Ga Ga'. She loves to clap along when I play it.

I have told her Freddie's back story although not in complete detail as she hasn't had the chat at school yet.

FreddienotFreddy the gig at Milton Keynes Bowl is brilliant....Freddie is on fire. I love seeing him climb all over the scaffolding giving it some ....

At the moment I am loving 'Dragon Attack ' and the live version of 'action this day' .

Posted: 01 May 19, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes I would love to see the live everyone was looking forward to it.I was always taught to not let anyone detour me from my goals or try to ruin things I'm trying to achieve.Noone can erase these wonderful memories all these friends had for those three or four years.No nasty comments or slurs can take that away ever.But yes it would be nice to learn more about his life and fun times with these fellas.However,I do understand if they choose not too because these memories are dear to them and all this unkindness is just unacceptable .

Posted: 01 May 19, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut,I wanna cry myself everytime I seen Freddie's mom speak about him.She missed him terribly but she was very proud of his accomplishments.