Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 May 19, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw the Richard Young interview and noticed some photos that were new to me too. Then I went to the site of his gallery. He has quite a large body of work. There is a gift shop and of course I had to take a look at that. Found two prints I had to have...………….until I Googled the pounds to dollars conversion chart and realized they were way out of my reach. I had seen Richard in photos with Freddie, just never knew who he was. I'm always happy to add new knowledge to my Freddie files, and now that I know who he is, I see Richard in photos with Freddie all the time. Thanks to all who continue to educate me.

LaureG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello there, I am happy to join you today . I've been trying to read your posts but I am not finished yet. Just a few words about me, I'm French and I'm 42. I LOVE Freddie's music beyond words. It means a lot to me and as far as I can remember, I've always been a fan. But the shy kind of fan so I didn't dare writing here...
What made me change my mind was the other day when my 8 year old son asked me to put Radio Gaga in the car on our way back home from school and he started "singing" with all his heart though he doesn't speak nor understand English at all. An extraordinary moment for me. Freddie is eternal, modern and he is more than a legend.... he's still here. He will always be here.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy Richard young has an exhibition in London until the end of May . He is showing all of his queen / Freddie photos . He toured with them for many years and took photos at Freddie's private parties .

He seems a lovely man . I follow him on Instagram.

Welcome laureG , we have the lovely Radioblabla here who is also french.
Your English is excellent.
What a lovely story, bless your son. Did he sing in English . I'm sure the band were amazed to find how the crowds sang along in countries like Rio and Hungaria . It must have been an amazing fee!ing

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To anybody who would like to know what the German show was about... My technical skills are not good enough to create subtitles but I'll watch it tonight and write a summary for you if you want. My German is little bit better than my English so I hope it will be enough.

Posted: 01 May 19, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mika you are wonderful, thank you

LaureG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No my son sings in gibberish.. but that was so cute and funny.. he's becoming a Queen-addict just like his mom. My two sons like Queen by the way.

Posted: 01 May 19, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So I'm watching the queen and Adam show. It's ever so sad to start with , brian looked so broken when interviewed in 1992

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1084 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut,yes he does I think I seen that one is it with Roger?

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for posting the hologram performance of Freddie. I had the opportunity to sit in an audience with a hologram of a famous athlete teaching a lesson about life. It was eerily realistic - so lifelike. I can't imagine the thoughts of Jim and Peter sitting there watching it. It was hard enough for me to see it years later on a video.

doughnut - hope you are enjoying the program - I cried throughout

Posted: 01 May 19, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee,nice to see you posting what is a hologram is it that projected figure ?

Posted: 01 May 19, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn't want to say but yes I've been crying , it just pains me seeing someone else with brain and Roger . It's the first time I've seen Adam's American idol performance, boy he did an amazing performance of ,whole lotta love '

Posted: 01 May 19, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chwvyman yes , they projected Freddie from the 'TATDOOL video. So real.

Posted: 01 May 19, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chevy - I have been silenlty observing - LOL

yes the hologram looks like the person is actually present - they are quite real -looking. Could you imagine recreating Freddie and having him perform again - wonder how that would go over??

Posted: 01 May 19, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I bet its emotional seeing him so young like he is almost frozen in that time.Then looking at the other two knowing he should be their age.I bet it is hard for them too.

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut and anybody else

here is a very brief and very unprofessional translation of the German Show. I didn´t know it took for 2 hours :D But it was very well done, I have never seen it before so thank you for posting it I enjoyed it a lot.
There were some interesting bits about Barbara Valentine and Rudi Dolezal spoke very fondly about Freddie. I´m looking forward to his book.

I translated only the discussion in the studio as the clips with Queen history don´t mention anything new.

The hologram performance was heartbreaking. I couldn´t watch it till the end. Jim looked so sad and did you notice that Phoebe wasn´t watching at all? Poor boy.

And that singer from Scorpions singing Love of my life? He´s got a nerve! I mean, even Adam Lambert doesn´t dare to sing it live because it´s simply Freddie´s song.

So enjoy the reading and apologize my English :) I´m still learning :)

Attachment: 201951441325250.pdf 42 KB
This has been downloaded 75 time(s).

Annie65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 01 May 19, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all...I don’t speak up much but have been around for a several months now. I forgot who mentioned the Magic Remixed documentary recently but I wanted to say thank you...I watched it last night and really liked it. Even though I don’t participate much, I really value this thread and have come to respect many of you. It’s lazy of me, but I really depend on a lot of the opinions here when it comes to recommendations on books, articles, and you tube offerings which I love! I soak it up like a sponge I think! So....Thor, Lee, Shawn, Villiers, and so many others.....please don’t give up on us! That’s all...just wanted to share how much coming here has come to mean to me.
Thanks.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1720 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Annie,
We'll accept whatever you want to give us and on your own time schedule.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1720 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LaureG,
A BIG welcome to you. Bon Jour.

Posted: 01 May 19, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mika - thank you so much for the translation - what a special person to take the time to do that for us!!

There were some interesting facts I did not know about Barbara - and the fact that he kept working till the end and with that same passion for perfection - so much to admire about him!!

It's nice to have new people on the forum - welcome to all!

Annie65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 01 May 19, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I forgot to mention why I respect many of you. I like the way you are able to offer your opinion without judging others and for how you uphold the memory of Freddie Mercury .....with love. Warts and all. I need a smiley emoticon here.