Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 May 19, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk,Glad too see you things are looking up so stick with us.Its a fun place to chat.

HappyJig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Peter Freestone used to take Thor and Lee's calls and now he does not. Now he says he is avoiding them. Thor admitted to someone he is doing this book for money.

Posted: 02 May 19, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Annie, I havent had the opportunity to meet you but I'm glad you a are here.I look forward to chatting with you.

HappyJig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually it sounds a lot like Peter. He avoids things he thinks will cause trouble for him. I'm sure he accepted their request for him to write the forward before he realized how they come across here.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry for multiple posts. I swear I only tapped once! :-0

koala user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mika, thanks for the translation. I had to laugh at the image of Phoebe and Freddie dancing in the living room :)

Welcome LaureG and Annie65, it's awesome seeing new friendly fans dropping in.

I can't wait to watch the Queen + AL special after reading all the positive responses here.Personally, I think Adam is a great singer and performer. and even though it took some getting used to, I think he's doing the songs justice, which all anyone could ask for. I'm not sure I'd pay 300$ to see them, though. I don't think Queen tickets ever cost anywhere near that, even when adjusted for inflation. I know it's a big production, but that seems awfully steep.

Honey.Chile user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mika
Thank you so much for the translation! I also had to laugh at the thought of Phoebe being a stand-in for Debby. He didn't lie when he said he didn't have an ordinarily 9 to 5 job!

Jo T.
Yes, I was talking about the second one, where Freddie's wearing the sombrero. He was so fired up during that whole show. And then from the minute he walked on stage for WWRY the second time: IT WAS ON! So powerfull, to me that was the best live performance of that song.

Posted: 02 May 19, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh and I've seen the Q+AL special, well mostly... the last part is removed from YouTube. Although I was hesitant, I must say I'm plesantly surprised with Adam. He seems humble and pays respect to Freddie in any way possible. It was also nice to see they included footage of Freddie.

Posted: 02 May 19, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honey, Your a fairly new poster I havent met you but welcome we are glad you are here.

Vilashinii user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo, you mentioned being happy to be able to put a face with the name Rudi Dolezol. I bet you've seen a lot of him in videos, you just didn't realize who he was. He's actually the person doing the "musical prostitute" interview, though you never see him. It's the first time he met Freddie, and after they finished he offered to do music videos with his partner for the guys if they needed someone. He and his partner became a major force in their work. Not sure, but was it DoRo productions?? Something like that. If you look at many of the "making of" videos on YouTube, you'll see Rudi. I enjoy watching the behind the scenes stuff because you learn a lot about relationships and I like how he interacts with Freddie. He's especially solicitous of Freddie in the making of TWTDOUL. I always get a kick out of the jackets he seems to favor. I think they are kind of a regrettable fashion choice, but what do I know? My uniform is jeans and tee shirts. If I am correct, Rudi lives in Florida now with his wife and sons. He's recently done an award winning documentary about Whitney Houston.

Vilashinii user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HappyJig, what's your evidence in claiming Peter ignores their calls? Did he connect with you telepathically?
And even if he did, it doesn't matter anyway because you CANNOT deny/disprove the friendship Freddie shared with Thor and Lee. Show some respect

Posted: 02 May 19, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Peter Freestone is one of the sweetest guys he takes time out of his busy schedule to talk with Freddie's friends and fans.I emailed him once and he responded back that day.However, he cant always do that he sometimes falls behind he is involved in so many projects.He is making a difference.He is using his experiences working with Freddie for good and I'm proud and Freddie would be too I'm sure.His smile can light up a room he is a truly loyal person that speaks the truth and is always willing to give his FRIENDS a helping hand.

Posted: 02 May 19, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vila,Hello welcome! welcome!

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 16:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 wrote:

J. He's actually the person doing the "musical prostitute" interview, though you never see him. It's the first time he met Freddie, and after they finished he offered to do music videos with his partner for the guys if they needed someone. .

Katydyd, just a small correction, Rudi met Freddie for the first time in 1982. Look for an interview on YouTube, it was in a bar, Freddie drinking a beer and they spoke about Queen's collaboration with Mack. Freddie said he was a genius.

Then they did an interview in France, Freddie sitting in a blue tran for kids. It was in 1984? The interviewer was also Rudi, you can recognize his accent.

And then musical prostitute interview happened in 1985 and shortly afterwards their first video for One Vision

Posted: 02 May 19, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you all for your kind words it was my pleasure to share it with you.
Anyway, if you come across something interesting in German, or in Czech (I doubt it will happen but Phoebe lives here and occasionally he appears on local TV) and it wasn't translated yet, let me know and I will have a look :)
It's a good practice for me a my favourite subject to write about so ... No problem at all ,:)

Posted: 02 May 19, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevyman
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Katydyd
Thank you for pointing that out! I didn't realize it's also Rudi who is involved with Can I Be Me.

Katydyd5 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mika, thanks for the correction. I actually knew the facts you shared, just had my timeline confused. I'm terrible with dates and should know better than to make statements like that. I love the interview where they talk about Mack being a genius. Freddie seems to get such a kick out of Rudi telling him that Mack also called Freddie a genius in return. I also saw the interview in the blue vehicle too.

Posted: 02 May 19, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes exactly, he was so delighted to hear Mack's opinion ?? but who wouldn't?

Posted: 02 May 19, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes , mack is a smart man very intelligent and a good judge of character.