Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 May 19, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mika the interview where Freddie is sitting in a blue train is one of my favs because of the way he looks around the train bemused at the start. He looks so bemused , it's like he is thinking 'what am I doing in this train '.
Mika I also agree...Love of my Life is Freddie's song and only to be sung by Freddie. I love you saying 'the nerve of him' you really made me smile. I also feel that no one else should sing 'these are the days of our lives' and I found it hard watching Adam sing 'Who wants to live forever' as Freddie singing this one live gives me chills and so for me no one does it better than Freddie.

Thank you also for offering to help with future translations. A Rainbow said ( I think it was Rainbow) I love the fact that we are talking to each other from different parts of the world. I have always been a bit cautious of online chatting but you guys seem ace.

Rudy seems a really good guy and I too love watching him interact with Freddie during that final video. I feel his book and new documentary should be pretty ace.

FreddieDarling...I am pleased to hear your stickies are alive and well.

What a relief that I wasn't the only one in tears watching that documentary. By the end I was sobbing. JO.T you hit the nail on the head saying it's like an ex with a new lover. I am really really really trying but I just don't like Adam with Brian and Roger. I don't like the pitch of Adam's voice and well he just isn't Freddie. I know it's not his fault and he isn't trying to be Freddie but I just can't go there. I was willing myself to be converted by all of your positive comments but it isn't happening.

How would you guys feel about them bringing out new music? Do you think it would work ?

Welcome everyone that is new, the more the merrier.

Just to add that I love hearing stories from Thor and Lee BUT I also love chatting with all of you lovely lot. So in summary I am not here just because of Thor/Lee.

I have added the link to Cameron Deakins youtube channel where he is reviewing the film. He comes across lovely and he has even been to see Queen and Adam himself in London. Give it a watch as it's heartwarming

https://youtu.be/EFhXhy-VHOs

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 125 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 wrote:

LaureG, I've never been to a Queen convention, though there is one fairly close to me. I have a friend who will go to upcoming shows, and the movie with me, but she has her limits. I'd really like to go to Montreux, but that is just a dream.

Katydy
I’ll go with you! We can try for his 75th in 3 years time. Since it’s a milestone it should potentially be a more lavish one.
For real

Lsgp03

Posted: 02 May 19, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 wrote:

LaureG, I've never been to a Queen convention, though there is one fairly close to me. I have a friend who will go to upcoming shows, and the movie with me, but she has her limits. I'd really like to go to Montreux, but that is just a dream.

Katydy

I will go with you in 2 years. It’ll be his 75th.
For real

Lsgp03

Posted: 02 May 19, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 wrote:

Katydy

I will go with you in 2 years. It’ll be his 75th.
For real

Posted: 02 May 19, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wouldn't it be great if we could all meet at a convention....

Don't forget to watch deaky's youtube :)

koala user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, you probably already know this, but Roger and Brian released a new original album with Paul Rodgers called The Cosmos Rocks, back when it was Q+PR. I haven't listened to it (yet), but I don't think it was particularly well received. It'd be interesting to see how a collaboration with Adam would turn out, especially since Adam writes contemporary pop (it might now mix that well). But if that were to happen, I don't think the Queen name should be used - like with Smile, it would be an entirely new chemical (musical) reaction which would just happen to involve two ex-Queen members.

Posted: 02 May 19, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Koala i do know of Cosmos Rocks but I haven't given it a try. I have seen interviews since they toured with Paul Rogers and they admit that it didn't really work, Paul Rogers is more of a blues singer and they also realized people weren't keen on new material with another singer. However, this was several years ago so people may be more positive if they decide to do this with Adam. I agree that it shouldn't be under the queen name.

FMLOVER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who is this Shaun person some are taking about? I know Thor and Lee were good friends with Freddie in New York, but who is Shaun?

Posted: 02 May 19, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fmlover scroll back and you will see who he is .

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Koala and Doughnut, didn't Brian reference the disappointing reception of the previous album as being a reason for Queen + AL not to record one? I think Adam Lambert is working on his own solo projects still. I'm not sure how fans would react to "new" music from Queen.

Posted: 02 May 19, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Black queen I think you are spot on . Younger fans may welcome it but older ones not so . Their own solo projects don't seem to do as well either . Queen is queen and it's hard to change the formula

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 21:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There has been talk from some sources about a "sequel" to Bohemian Rhapsody to tell the story of what happened to the band after we lost Freddie. I'm thinking that this television special must have been what was being referenced. No theatrical release. Maybe everybody else picked up on that right away and I'm just slow. Wouldn't be the first time that happened. :0)

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 23:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greetings friends!!
Did anyone catch Villiers live this afternoon?? Can anyone give me a synopsis?????......i only caught the end when she said her dog was doing better. ;(

Blenkolove

Posted: 02 May 19, 23:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling....it's also raining cats n dogs here!! Loads of thunder....which I just love...as long as I'm at home when it happens!!
Ttfn

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 573 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Upon rewatching the German show with the Freddie Hologram I noticed that at 5:28 while Peter Freestone is looking down as Freddie sings the closing line of "These Are The Days Of Our Lives" Peter seems to mouth the line "I Still
Love You."

I'd be interested to learn the opinions of other thread members as to whether Peter was quietly singing along, or if his words were directed to his best friend Freddie ?

Only nice, reasonable, people need reply to this straw poll. :-)

Thank You.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 23:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Re Villiers live today, you didn't miss anything important. About who Shaun is he was hired by Beach to work security for GL after Freddie died.

Blenkolove

Posted: 02 May 19, 23:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TSO.....so Nice you are with us again! You've been missed!! TY for update......her lives are supposed to replay for 24hrs...but that doesn't happen much anymore! Villiers lives are just the Best! As a matter of fact, she is the Only reason I joined IG!!!!!!!

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1047 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bk,The queen productions is considering a sequel but I dont think it is written in stone yet.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1047 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 23:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FM , lover Shaun was security hired after Freddie died to over look things.To carryout security at garden lodge.

Rainbow61 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 544 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 00:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would be a blast to go to Montreux for Freddie's 75th birthday. That is on my bucket list if I win the lottery! I wonder how many tickets they sell for that event? They have sold out for the past few years. Has anyone ever been to one of the Freddie birthday bashes?

I called my mother about 5 minutes before the Queen + Adam Lambert special aired the other day to let her know it was on. She said she would start watching it (I think as a favor to me) but ended up watching the entire show and thought it was really good. I have sent her so many YouTube videos over the past few years. She has come to really admire Freddie's talent and thinks he had an amazing voice. So not only are there new, young fans coming on board, there are new, "senior" fans as well. My mom is 77.