Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Deedree user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deedree
Rocker: 20 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 May 19, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good evening from Brisbane Australia!! OMG I am a newbie and I have been away from here only a few days and I had to read for ages to catch up! You guys are fast movers!

I have noticed a few people talking about going to Montreux in two years time. I have 3 other friends here in Australia and we are all going together then too. Can’t wait! It would be great if a few of us could meet over there! It will be a big one for sure!! Let’s hope those trolls are gone on here too! Thor, Lee and Shaun I have enjoyed reading your comments so much on here and the earlier thread. Love you guys! Please stay xxx

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 08:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey guys I’m having a frustrating night

I’m in creative fun catchy and dorky captions mood and guess what!?

When I send a pic to IG it works but I put text with it and it fails :’(

This happened to anyone else?

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 08:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mika251:. From what I've read in your posts we seem to share many opinions regarding Freddie and Queen generally. :-)

The other video available on YouTube I referred to was Freddie's Loves. It is a much maligned "documentary" , and they do rather try to sensationalise Freddie's lifestyle, but there are some nice bits ino. Love seeing Thor and Vince the Barman, and our lovely Phoebe.

As in most things we watch and read Ty have to view that's with a slightly cynical sceptical mind and not wholeheartedly believe everything, or that everything was said in the context depicted, but I think those of s who have studied Freddie have see developed a pretty accurate truth-o-meter. I think I'm on my master's degree in Freddie Mercury now! :-)! Fascinating subject!

Perk, no I'm afraid emoticons don't work here. You have to use the old school customised emoticons made up from secondary characters , you know. :-) ;-} :0) :-( :-/ :-0 :-D and the like. Well written what you mean. ;-]

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

God, that post was full of errors! I apologize!

Perk I meant we'll know what you mean. (re hand-made emoticons)

And the watching with a cynical, sceptical mind should read WE have to view it with a slightly cynical.......

My posts are always error ridden! :-) often predictive text decides I didn't mean to write what I just typed and rewrites it as gobbledygook!

Must Proof Read
Must Proof Read

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doughnut wrote:
JO.T you hit the nail on the head saying it's like an ex with a new lover.
I have added the link to Cameron Deakins youtube channel where he is reviewing the film. He comes across lovely and he has even been to see Queen and Adam himself in London. Give it a watch as it's heartwarming
https://youtu.be/EFhXhy-VHOs

Sorry, hon, that wasn’t my quote. I hate to steal credit. I have yet to watch the recent Queen and Adam Lambert doc. However, I watched the Cameron Deacon link you shared. I’ve always had a soft spot for John Deacon. His son, Cam, does have a goofy charm, but I seriously question his taste in music. How can the biological son of a bassist from one of the greatest rock and roll bands be a self-proclaimed “huge fan of K-pop?” Is that what Millennials consider music these days? K-pop? Seriously? Roll over Mercury. Maybe I should be more forgiving. I wanted to be a Spice Girl back in the ‘90s. “Tell me what you want what you really, really want . . . “ -

@FreddieDarling, you said it best - and so eloquently. Freddie WAS a force of nature and who can reign in Mother Nature?
Hindsight is 20/20. After all, Freddie was the one who wrote “Don’t Stop Me Now.” Could anybody?

Lsgp03 user is on Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doughnut wrote:

Mika I feel exactly the same , why didn't someone stop him but in David Evans book it mentions that either he or David minns spoke to John and asked why did no-one stop him and John replied basically saying Freddie would not listen .

Tbh Peter is lovely but it's him that I think could have tried but why he didn't who knows . Again no-one knew Freddie would end up with aids but it wasn't known about in the beginning. It's all so tragic and there are many what if questions .

I have seen Peter say he was in love with Freddie but wouldn't have sex with him in 'Freddie's loves' I think he meant it in a friendship way.I have also read Mack mention Freddie's emotional breakdown . I'm sure Peter Hince mentioned it too. Mack said Barbara was a bad influence at that time.

If I'm honest I feel Jim came along at the right time and helped Freddie emotionally on so many levels. As Terry said 'Jim gave him the love he hadn't had for a long time '.

Freddie darling I imagine Peter is saying ' I still live you ' to freddie. Bless him .

Right got to go , just had to sort out my two fighting girls , just what I need first thing lol

Doughnut, what video? Is it on Villiers page? Thanks!

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut,I do love my wine there is a place in Missouri that has the best winery they let you sample whatever you want.I go through twice just to make sure its good.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut....
Happy Friday!
Could you pm me what Villiers found out on her live? I missed it yesterday??
All my thanks!

Posted: 03 May 19, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree that Germany was a rough period for Freddie it seems without mentioning any names when you have someone that likes to party as much as you or more it can get pretty crazy.I'm thankful he had mack and his family to escape to when it was time for a break .He absolutely loved his boys and his wife.Mack was there for him when he needed him always.

Posted: 03 May 19, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Deedree,This is a nice place to escape too when you need some peace.Sometimes it's nice to just set back and read what everybody writes.We have a nice group of people.

FMLOVER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevyman thank you. I went back a little further in the thread and read about him and his experience in Garden lodge.

Shaun you have NO Business talking about Mr. Mercury and the love he had for Jim. You weren’t there to witness their relationship to say something like that. Also, according to Mercury and Me Mary didn’t let Jim take anything, so how did you end up with some of Freddie’s personal items which you sold in auction?

All of Freddie’s personal items were past over to Mary Austin after Freddie’s death.

Posted: 03 May 19, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, I think Freddie said once he would do his songs in a wheelchair if he had too.He also said he didn't want to be old.He thought he knew and said he wouldn' make old bones.

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling - a master's degree in Freddie Mercury is a great accomplishment :) I am nowhere near that level in my "studies" but thanks to many here I may be ready to move up to the next level - still a beginner though - please no tests - I am terrible with the timelines and remembering who said what!

In reference to Freddie's lifestyle, what changed from the era of "Don't Stop Me Now" to his days in Munich. I read that Roger and Brian hated this song because they did not like Freddie's seemingly out of control behavior.

The Munich years have been portrayed as the "black hole" of Freddie's life. Would most agree?

Peter was so very loyal to Freddie and there is no doubt he loved him. He stood by him and witnessed many things he probably wished he could have changed. Freddie was an adult, making his own decisions, and Peter wasn't going to tell him what to do. His job was to look after him and he did. We know Peter was so much more than an employee. Freddie was fortunate to have him by his side.

Reinhold Mack seemed to be one of the positive influences in Munich. This is the first I heard of the breakdown - so sad.

Lsgp03 user is on Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie himself said that at the end, the result of his decisions were down to him and no one else.

Doughnut can you also let me know about villiers video? Thanks!

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

emdee I also read in Peter H's book that Freddie had a breakdown one day in the studio. He said that Freddie told everyone to leave saying that it was ok for all of them having wifes and children . Also in Brian May's Queen in 3D he also states that during the writing of it's a hard life and the recording of the video, they were both going through heartache in their relationships and the person causing Freddie's was there on the day of the shot. I believe this to be Winnie.

Brain has also stated that he wished that he had looked after Freddie better but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

FreddieDarling I do believe that pieces of information given by those that knew Freddie help us to understand the complex man that he was. I don't feel it was out of place for Mack to talk about it , I feel he was just trying to get across how lonely Freddie may have felt. Mack also said that he felt Freddie would have wanted to settle down with children and that is one thing I disagree on . I just think Freddie was searching for something so desperately but he was covering it up with his wild partying etc etc. He said he was trying to hard in an interview with David Wigg , he'd realised he didn't have to try so hard and this was when he had met Jim.

Brain has said that it was a period of emotional turmoil for all of them, bless him but John disappeared to Bali and so Mack said someone else then buggered off skiing.

Jo.T i have no idea who K Pop are so I will google it. However, I do believe there is a lot of bad music out there from untalented people and the young lap it up. My youngest is being educated and she also likes Stevie Wonder!!! I feel proud.

Mika I shared an alternative B Rap script a few pages back. If you have the patience scroll back and you will find. It's an interesting read.

Deedree you lucky lady, I am very jealous. How long are you going for?

chevyman I need to visit that winery lol .....you are right he used to joke that he would be wheeled out in his tights in a wheelcare to play bo rap lol .

Posted: 03 May 19, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lsg I will pm you know :)

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know FMLover was another account for hendricksgin.

You claim you went back and read but you're ignoring what JIM told Shaun about Freddie. It IS his buisness to say how Jim and Freddke felt about each other because Jim TOLD Shaun you retard. You're asking truly retarded questions. He explains multiple times why Jim had items. DID YOU READ PETERS SECOND BOOK WHERE MARY'S STUPID ASS TOLD THEM THEY COULD TAKE WHATEVER THEY BOUGHT FOR FREDDIE AND THEN ONCE HER GREED TOOK OVER AND SHE REALISED HOW MUCH STUFF THEY HAD BOUGHT FOR FREDDIE SHE CHANGED HER MIND?! no. Of course you didnt. Cuz that's not included in Lesley Ann Jones books :}

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 03 May 19, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fmlover your bevahior is appalling. You must not be familiar with what happened to Freddie Mercurys property after his death. I would suggest you read Peter Freestone's 2nd book. He explains why they all got some stuff from GL. I know you read the parts where Shaun discussed the multiple letters from Freddie to Jim that talked about how much Freddie loved him. I also know you just desperately want to believe Freddie didnt care for Jim. We know who you are behind your many accounts and btw we are very close to finding your IP and confirming all accounts. Your harassment and trolling is coming to an end. We're all tired of it.

Posted: 03 May 19, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FM LOVER Shaun won't be able to reply I'm afraid as he was sent to the naughty corner after we found out that he and the other men had a F You party at Garden Lodge and that he has told us how much Freddie and Jim loved each other. He is not allowed out until we feel it has been punished enough.

On the other matter, I gave Mary a call and she said that as it's so long ago now she isn't bothered what was taken from Garden Lodge. She said she has no use for a man's belt and the cologne has probably gone off by now so she def doesn't want that back.

Hope this helps :)

Posted: 03 May 19, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee, It was his dealings with Barbara Valentin they were toxic together.They both had extreme personalities and partied to the extreme.She new everybody and their dog in Germany.I hate to say the people she knew weren't best of influences on him.Thats why he about lost himself there.She didnt judge him like Mary Austin or let him know hey you need to slow down.She was his side kick and a very negative one .They weren't good company for eachother.