Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 582 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 19, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie is more immortal that most people!

He is like Mozart or Da Vinci. People of that calibre. He will always be remembered and revered.

Legend? I'd say so, Freddie my dear!

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

blenko that was a wonderful post , what a lovely positive way for me to start my day, thank you :)
I echo what everyone has said.

;Mika, don't underestimate yourself, you have been a breath of fresh air for me because you have helped me put many things regarding freddie/mary/jim into perspective.

My family think that I have gone crazy so if I disappear its probably because they have put me into rehab lol to

I reply on all you lovely lot to allow me to talk about Freddie/queen as it is just so interesting. He really was one of a kind; people like him don't come along often. God bless you Freddie

Shaun thank you for your contribution , it has been very much appreciated. Please don't be a stranger, we are the nice queen fans :)

Thor/Lee come back, we miss you :) Don't let the nasty peeps scare you off .

Posted: 05 May 19, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rely not reply....arrrr

Liona user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Doughnut ." I have heard what Mac said about Freddie and his breakdown somewhere else although I can't remember where."

Here there is a little of this on 14.40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght2oALfius&list=PLPdtTE_rdMF6Ak6HA6WguCeReV_loqhPR&index=54&t=204s

Thank you guys for such an interesting discussion. I do hope, Thor, Lee, Shaun will be posting on here still.

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liona this is exactly the same interview doughnut was referring to :)
Done by Midge Ure.

Posted: 05 May 19, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, I'm sorry Mika, I did not get this one is done by Midge Ure.

Posted: 05 May 19, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

liona thank you but as Mika said it is the interview I listened too and then wished I hadn't lol

some of the interviews should come with a warning for sensitive souls like me :)

Welcome to the page and we all hope Shaun, Thor and Lee will return :)

Posted: 05 May 19, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, I did think about the warning when it was too late. So as there is no chance to edit a message, I only hoped that only small fragment will be listened.

Thank you a lot for welcome).

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Sunday, kind folks! I was looking through the other thread and enjoying all the wonderful YouTube video suggestions!

I am sorry to report that this isn't the only thread on QZ that has been infected with nasty trolls. I was checking out some other topics and the same bunch of ne'er do wells were polluting the atmosphere in those threads.

If we can keep up the positive energy and ignore the idiots maybe we can keep this area safe.

Happy Cinco de Mayo to people in the USA! Drink lots of tequila and consume massive amounts of Mexican food!

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1084 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BQK, Thanks for info I figured it was going around.

Annie65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 05 May 19, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What is the name of the thread with the links? I’d love to check them out too!

Posted: 05 May 19, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BQK Yep I've spotted this to. The sad thing is they can't be real fans of queen or Freddie otherwise they wouldn't behave so badly. They/he//she just seems to be strange MA fan(s).

Anyway Liona, what brings you here? Tell us all about your addiction /obsession lol .

Annie I started a thread yesterday for queen/freddie videos. If you go into the list of topics it's near the top. We didn't want to take up this lovely thread with youtube videos etc .

Posted: 05 May 19, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Cinco de Mayo to people in the USA! Drink lots of tequila and consume massive amounts of Mexican food!

Tell me more? I love Mexican food and the last time I drank tequila I was sick....never again...to be fair I did have wine too so probably not a good combination lol

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey doughnut....could u post a link to ur new video site?
Happy Cinco do Mayo xo

Posted: 05 May 19, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, I realize some face control is needed because of strange newbies on this thread.)) Answering your question I suspect I admire the same most of you do (otherwise why would we come here?)- Queen, and especially Freddie Mecury not only as "just a singer with a song" but also as a personality which is so interesting to me. Though I would not want it goes so far as obsession)), just because I don't find any obsession like something healthy. So let's just say a lot of admiration and of course, the escapism is here also with me.

Posted: 05 May 19, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1551300/for-anyone-wanting-to-share-any-videos-of-queen-freddie.aspx

It is just another thread on QZ for anyone wanting to share freddie/queen music etc. Feel free to chat and add what you like as it's for everyone.

Posted: 05 May 19, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ummm perhaps obsession is the wrong word.....although I find myself listening to their music most days and chatting on here....if not an obsession , what could it be...answers on a postcard lol :)

Yep I admire Freddie 1000% , he was just one of a kind, as Brain said 'I have never met anyone else like Freddie, before or after his death' . He really was unique.

What makes me laugh is the other side of Freddie, the freddie at home. I quote from Peter Freestone

In the middle of the night once, he came to me and asked how to use the microwave as he wanted to make his guest a cup of tea. Peter said 'Freddie you don't use the microwave to make a cup of tea'. Priceless lol

Posted: 05 May 19, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holy camel, I did a mistake * Mercury. Sorry.

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, Cinco de Mayo (5th of May) is an annual celebration held on May 5. The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army's victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza. It's a rather minor holiday in Mexico, but the U.S. has turned it into a fairly large reason to party, especially in areas with lots of Hispanic residents.

Posted: 05 May 19, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh interesting BQK....are you Mexican ? Any reason to party sounds good to me .
Those pesky French ......inserts smiley face emoji and winking face emoji here if I had one :) :)

lol Liona :)