Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 19, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NotQuiteAShilling

Feel free to join our bookworm thread, we are discussing David Minn's book a lot. To be found here in General discussion

http://queenzone.com/forums/1548397/qz-book-club-books-discussion-about-freddie-queen.aspx

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

may the forth be with you..we have this in the UK too.

Mika I also know the interview you refer to and I agree it's one of his bests. Bless him as he does his usual covering of his teeth when he laughs after the loud bang. David Wigg always got the best out of him .

Oh no Emdee I really feel for you ;( Is it not available to buy on Amazon. ?

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

notquiteashilling OMG 35 dollars ??? That is crazy.
now that there is so much interest these books should be put back into print and offered for sale at a decent price .

sorry for the grammer as I am typing in the dark as a film as been put on and the lights put down. I can't see the keyboard

Freddienotfreddy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is an interview with Roger and Brian discussing the 1975 Odeon Christmas show. I must say, that apart from watching Freddie, my second favorite thing about watching Queen concerts is Roger's harmonizing with Freddie and his background vocals. I think he isn't given a lot of credit for his singing but I love his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHdQ2Gs3adk

Also, for those still wanting to read Peter Fresstone's books, they are available very cheap on amazon kindle. You don't have to have a Kindle, just download the kindle app onto you phone and you can access the books that way. They are less that $5. Same with the David Minns/Evans and Jim's book.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi

I checked Amazon.com and they have papeebacks of Peter Freestones Freddie biography for only $13.14. can't the peeps who don't already have it buy it from there ? Amazon.co.uk have it for £6.61.

I have a paperback copy and also last year was fortunate to buy a copy of Peters original print run hardback Mr. Mercury An Appreciation which is basically the same book but with a couple or so extra pictures and some Freddie recipes. I got it for £9.99 ! Unbelievably lucky!

Good luck to all who need to add to their book collection. Amazon also have Jim's Mercury and Me.

Queen book prices have been going mad post movie, haven't they? Hope you had a great weekend and thus Cinquo de Mayo celebration which I'd never heard if!

https://www.amazon.com/Freddie-Mercury-Peter-Freestone/dp/0711986746/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Peter+Freestone&qid=1557092883&s=gateway&sr=8-1

FreddieDarling

Posted: 05 May 19, 22:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Papeebacks ? I still got you beat on typos, Doughnut matey! Don't think I've ever made a proper post without typos! :-/

FreddieDarling

Posted: 05 May 19, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish Freddie hadn't covered his teeth all the time. I loved his teeth. They were endearing and they looked so healthy and clean.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FredddienotFreddy....thanks for that link! I don't recall seeing that before.
Papeebacks.....snickersnsnsnfrfrfr
I adore Freddie's teeth......he may not have wanted them to be.....but they were an important part of his 'Brand'!!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 05 May 19, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep Freddie's gnashers were integral to Freddie being Freddie! Imperfectly perfect ! :-)

Posted: 05 May 19, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie's teeth created his lisp, which is something I love quite madly :) don't tell anybody :D

FreddieDarling

Posted: 05 May 19, 22:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mika your secret is safe with me as long as you don't tell anyone my love for Freddie's dimples and that little fuzzy patch if the between his shoulders!

LoriG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello. I am brand new to QZ and this is my very first post. Over the last week or so, I have read through many posts, including the ugliness that went down last week. I do hope that Thor, Lee and Shaun will come back as ultimately this forum is about our love for Freddie and Queen. If at all possible (I know it’s hard) the trolls need to be ignored. They feed on people ‘taking the bait’. I have enjoyed this forum very much and love that there is a place with so many like minded Freddie/Queen fans.

The first time I saw Freddie was in the video Killer Queen. I was 10 years old (pre MTV) and I was blown away. I will never forget it.

Posted: 05 May 19, 22:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling

I won't, I swear :) dimples are too cute to mention. I'm proud of mine too :) I have to admit we adore same features of Freddie :)
Let's speak about cheekbones and jawline, what do you think? :)

FreddieDarling

Posted: 05 May 19, 22:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mika! Cheekbones and jawline?? Yummy with a spoon!

His eyes are Lovely too. So kind and warm with enviable lashes!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 05 May 19, 22:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts

Posted: 05 May 19, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about Roger them blondes are sexy too honey .Roger was gorgeous so was Freddie but I tend to like the blonde headed drummer.There is just something about him.

FreddieDarling

Posted: 05 May 19, 22:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi LoriG

Welcome to the thread! Nice to "meet" you! :-)

Yes you have hit the nail on the head regarding how to treat trolls! My philosophy precisely!

Treat them as one does a misbehaving dog! Isolation and ignoring are key the trading them!

The thread is usually a nice friendly welcoming place. Last week was admittedly NOT nice at all! I contemplated leaving it all behind! It was like a human malware infestation! Thankfully things seem to have improved!

Hopefully Thor and Lee will be back soon with some good news!

I do hope that maybe Shaun will one day come back to us.

Anyway, welcome to the thread, Matey! :-)

FreddieDarling

Posted: 05 May 19, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry Chevy but blond men just don't "do it" for me. It's just a personal taste thing, and I can't help it.

I see Roger is a good looking feller, but there's no accounting for attraction, it's just a totally personal thing.

I like a bit more melanin in a man!

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts

Did Freddie ever shave that fuzzy patch on his back?He was very hairy but alot of men are I guess.

FreddieDarling wrote:

Exactly!
I have to say and I'm saying it just because it's after midnight and my mind doesn't work properly so I'll deny it tomorrow but... When he turns on his kind soft look, he has exactly my golden retriever's eyes. And don't get me wrong, my dog has beautiful eyes! :) You have to cuddle him everytime he looks at you. Previous sentence is valid for both of them :)
I think I should go to sleep before I discredit myself completely :)