Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 May 19, 00:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do agree with you Mika Freddie was a nice looking Indian man.However, my heritage is the same as his so I'm naturally attracted to those fair complected white people with blonde hair and blue eyes.All my family have very dark hair dark eyes and olive complexions.My Mothers family are Irish so she was a strawberry blonde so I have brown hair brown eyes with red highlights in my hair from her.I still look more Indian from my father though.

Katydyd5 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 06 May 19, 00:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NotQuiteAShilling, the Minns/Evans book is a favorite of mine. Yes, it is a lot of essay type pieces from different people, but that's exactly what I like. They are people who were in his orbit, but may not be known as well as many of the others. They often gave a perspective that was new to me. I hope you enjoy it!

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 06 May 19, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hahaha...Freddiedarling....Birth Pole gave me all kinda visuals!!!!!!!!! I laughed so hard at that, I literally had tears flowing down my face!!! Your spell dictator is a frustrated comic!!!
Priceless :)

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 06 May 19, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blenkolove, I thought the same thing!! LOL!! I thought it was some slang term that I wasn't familiar with! I'm cracking up here! :-]

Posted: 06 May 19, 01:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont think I get it guys what did Freddie darling mean what was so funny?

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 06 May 19, 02:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SAME over here!!! Birth pole - I thought OH man they are getting really dirty with that one (I think...) hahahahaha

Katy - Maybe I'm not appreciating it because I am approaching it wrong. Mimms is a mystery for me so I really wanted to hear what HE had to say. I was expecting more of a book like Jim's

EVERYBODY highly recommends This Is The Real Life - so I know it's me

When I ordered Phoebe's 1st book from eBay there was nothing on Amazon under $300. That's insane, so I did the eBay but like I said it took FOREVER to get to me. $35 seemed pretty reasonable in comparison lol

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 06 May 19, 03:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RussiaLand wrote:
reddieDarling, thank you for the link to Cameron Deacon's video!!! I wish so much to hear anything from Deaky himself, but if that's not going to happen, at least we can watch his son's videos. :) I'm really happy now:)

Boy, I had a LOT of pages to catch up on from the past weekend. It's like a novel! LOL

@RussiaLand, I feel the same way about Cameron Deacon's video. Initially, I wasn’t certain what to make of him as a YouTuber, but his sense of humor grew on me. He’s a likable young man. I even subscribed to “I Deaky!” I’ve viewed 3-4 of his videos. As long as he’s happy, you want to believe that his reclusive father, John, is happy, too. Cameron appears to be very close to his family. Unlike his father’s generation, Cam, as a Millennial, is comfortable and open that he’s gay and that he hopes to have a husband and family one day. It’s obvious that his family accept that he’s gay. Kudos to John and Veronica! That's no shocker. It’s too bad Freddie was never afforded that privilege, but it was another time. Cam refers to Freddie as a “LGBT icon.”

@doughnut, in the Cameron Deacon video you shared, where he reacts to the “Bo Rhap” 2nd trailer, Cam has a K-pop poster in back of him of some girl group representing the genre. He professed to be a fan. I’m an aunt to teen nieces and a nephew. I try to be the cool aunt and understand their music, but lately, I desperately falter. I’m no longer cool. They deride my music as “old people music” and absolutely moan and groan when I play the classics in my car stereo. We fight over music AND I’m the unpaid Uber driver, helping out their parents! The nephew only likes hip-hop or rap. I do like SOME of his hip-hop/rap – not all. The nieces are the ones that like K-pop. K-pop refers to a genre of music or (South) Korean popular music, composed of either girl groups or boy bands. It has gained popularity in the U.S. You can compare it to a South Korean version of the old Spice Girls (I’m embarrassed I once wanted to be Spice Girl #6 or Dreamy Spice, but that was 25 years ago.), Backstreet Boys or NSYNC, but they’re far less talented. The “band” members don’t play any instruments or compose their own songs. Their voices are generic and passable (Justin Timberlake is an exception in terms of boy bands.). The band members are young, hot, fashionable and have good hair. They perform choreographed dance moves. That’s about it in terms of dubious talent. K-pop is so . . . . . un-Queen! It’s not REAL music. However, my nieces aren’t completely hopeless causes. I had taken them to see “Bo Rhap” in the theatre back last Dec./Jan., and they both loved it! The nephew wasn’t interested. I may have to bribe him to watch it on DVD after his classes end. That’s cool your daughter likes Stevie Wonder. She has taste.

@katydyd5, thanks for the info about Rudi Dolezal. No, I haven’t seen any of the “making of” Queen videos – yet. Rudi appears legit’ and his upcoming book may be worth reading. Because of what I learned on the thread, I don’t ever plan to invest in LAJ’s book. I look forward to reading the Minns/Evans book. My sister agreed to loan me her Kindle in the near future.

@mika251, thanks again for your link. That was an awesome performance of “Crazy LTC Love.” Freddie was certainly on his A-game. I liked the close-up shots of the beads of sweat on his forehead, his cheekbones, the veins on his sinewy neck and the bromance between him and Rog on stage! The pianist was so awesome, too. BTW, I also have mad respect for Freddie’s cheekbones and jawline. His face is so chiseled, like a stone sculptor’s art. People say he resembles his mother, but I see the cheekbones from his father.

CHEVYMAN, if you have Rog and FD has Freddie, would it break your heart then if I claim Brian for myself – Brian May circa 1970s in clogs and white Zandra Rhodes batwing? I feel like I’m in the minority of peeps on the thread who is a Brian May fan.

Thor, how did YOU and your amigos celebrating Cinco de Mayo? San Diego is so close to the border. Is it like the St. Patrick’s Day of San Diego? Are you “living la vida loca” like Ricky Martin? 1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila, FLOOR! What’s your fav’ Mexican food?

Posted: 06 May 19, 03:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jot, He is all yours the man has no ass.They gots to have something for me to grab.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 06 May 19, 03:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, I respect him for his brains and guitar prowess. He's an animal lover/defender and relative humanitarian.

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts

Posted: 06 May 19, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor
I have a question for you. I think you can answer without giving away book stuff.

Did You go to any of the dates on the Magic Tour?

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 06 May 19, 07:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk I can answer that they went to one of the Wembley nights (July 11/12th) Freddie organised a coach to take a load of his friends from Garden Lodge to Wembley. A good time was had by all. !

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 06 May 19, 07:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well I must say I am very upset that I missed the Freddie lovein last night :)

I agree, the patch of hair on his upper back, all the fab hair on his chest and belly, and those eyes, wow they are just amazing. Jim said that Freddie had beautiful big brown eyes.
Jo.t yep even the vein in his neck and the sweat dripping from his nose lol

He also had the most amazing lips...people nowadays pay money to have lips like he did. I don't know if he knew it but boy was he sexy. Again this is something Jim said. It's easy to see that although he wasn't Jim's type to begin with, that sexiness Freddie had was enough to cast a spell.

Ladies we can see why Thor chatted him up and in traditional UK slang ' Freddie you've pulled, get your coat'

I also love the lisp you can hear when singing, it's just adorable. You can hear it in Another one Bites the dust.

As for Roger, he had beautiful eyes but he didn't have that animal magnetism about him. He had no chest hair to speak off and that is a no no for me. As I said before I am teaching my youngest the ways of men with hairy chests but she isn't having it. She will learn lol .

Next time you have a freddie gushing session you must warn me lol

Perk I can answer your question as he has spoken about it on here.

Thor, Lee and Brandon (Thor's man at that time) came over to Garden Lodge and attended both Wembley dates and also the Kensington Roof Top party after the second night. Freddie had arranged a coach/party bus to take all of his friends to and from the gig.

I'm not sure if you have seen the Garden Lodge tapes of the men in Freddie's garden but that was during the time of the wembley gigs.

Posted: 06 May 19, 07:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling/Mika I'm just letting you know that when my time comes to depart, I shall be looking for Freddie and will be claiming him. I don't mind that he prefers men, just to be with him will be enough :)

FreddieDarling

Posted: 06 May 19, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Brian us an absolute sweetie and a thoroughly nice man, and was and is good looking too, but it's Freddie all the way for me!

He is the epitome of male beauty and his personality is as lovely as his lovely exterior.

Be careful though,Jo, I think Anita could bitch slap the lot of us! She's a tough cookie!

Did anyone ever see the New Tricks episode that Anita was in? She was a talent agent, but in the past she'd been a Dominatrix (an extreme one) for hire! I'll bet Roger teased Brian unmercifully about that one! LOL !

Glad you all liked the Cameron Deacon YouTube channel. He's lovely, isn't he ? So fun loving! I guess John found it very easy being accepting and supportive of his sons sexuality from being around and loving his friend Freddie!

I dont GET today's music, either, but as I say to my Dad, if music never evolved we'd still be listening to people beat on animal skins with an old thigh bone!

Glad my Birth Pole typo gave you all a giggle (Maybe that was God having a laugh at my expense?!) Yes it was a bit..... graphic, wasn't it? Ha ha ha!

Have a great day peeps

Posted: 06 May 19, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo.T when me and my youngest (10 at the time) watched Bo Rhap, it was Brain that she commented on. She said he is cute, so you see you aren't the only one. Have you seen photo's of him in the early days with a beard, I think it suited him, made him look more rock and roll. .

FreddieDarling

Posted: 06 May 19, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut I will fight you tooth and nail for the Fredster!

I'll turn him Bi if it kills me! ;-)

I'll even settle for mothering him and I'm the most unmaternal person you could meet (except toward cats, snakes, stick insects and Freddie dollies!)

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 06 May 19, 08:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ladies there will be no need for fighting. I think the principle of heaven is that everybody is happy there. So there will be enough Freddies for everyone :) Sounds creepy huh? But I'm sure it will work somehow.

FreddieDarling

Posted: 06 May 19, 08:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ooh, multiple Freddie's! Nice!

They can form a choir of Angels!

Posted: 06 May 19, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I forgot to mention something. The most adorable part of Freddie for me was the way he used his hands when he spoke. So expressive. I sometimes watch his interviews just to watch his hands lol. Does this sound weird lol .

JO.t The Spice Girls are back doing some gigs in the UK. Not sure if they are going to the US. I would go if I had someone to go with. I was a Backstreet Boys fan, I feel ashamed now but 'as long as you love me' got a lot of play in my house. Is it right that in the US you call houses 'homes'. This is what Peter HInce says in his book.

I love that Cameron Deacon has Freddie as his LBG Idol, such a shame he never grew up around Freddie as I imagine they would have got on very well. I adore Cameron's sense of humour and that he openly admitted to having learning difficulties. That takes guts.
He does mention how he would like to get married and have children, so sweet :)

Posted: 06 May 19, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mika as long as I get the original Freddie , I'll be happy :)