Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 May 19, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

notquiteashilling I find Cameron Deaky adorable too. I have subscribed to his youtube account :)

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1047 posts

Posted: 07 May 19, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just wanna set the record straight I dont think the bashing is why Thor is taking a break. I think the guy can get a temper if he would let himself kudos to him for controlling it so well.I believe he is retired and has a life outside this thread and is taking him a spring break.The person or persons going after Freddie's friends and fans are making fools out of themselves.We all have tough skins and I'm sure Thor,Dennis ,and whoever else that comes along will consider the source of childish games and behavior and move on.

Posted: 07 May 19, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've not seen that much happening to Dennis on instagram. Does he share stores elsewhere?

By the way just want to let you know that a lot of the photo's he shares aren't his own, a lot are taken from the internet. The ones from the filming of the video tend to be his. He puts his name on them as he was angry people were taking screenshots and claiming his photos.

We all have a life outside of this place, although we need to sort this out as we should be devoting all out time to Freddie lol. Thor is bound to have been peed off at the trolls as I know I was. Why should he bother to come on here and share his memories when some people just want to knock him down.

Anyway wherever he is I hope he is ok .

Posted: 07 May 19, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut,I agree totally he controlled himself very well probably all those years working with patients .You know me I have to dismiss myself I'm no good at my temper It gets to a point and there is no return.Maybe he would be give me a few lessons on controlling mine.Probably starters would be dont engage in negative conversation.Hes got me there for sure.He and Lee are nice guys I can see why Freddie liked to be in their company.It also helps to have a friend that is a nurse when you have a chronic and terminal illness like he did.Always just a phone call away.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5751 posts

Posted: 07 May 19, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think I last contributed to this thread about 200 pages ago so I've lost track a bit but to sum up: Fred is the Night King leading an army of the undead from nightclub to nightclub; Roger Taylorgaryen has been bonking his aunt Daenerys again; a giant poodle has yet to decide which house he will fight for, but is leaning towards House Badger; and Jon Deacon is a magic hermit who will save the Queen from the upstart House Umber, and the villainous Adam Umber? Did I miss anything?

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."

Posted: 07 May 19, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

I think I last contributed to this thread about 200 pages ago so I've lost track a bit but to sum up: Fred is the Night King leading an army of the undead from nightclub to nightclub; Roger Taylorgaryen has been bonking his aunt Daenerys again; a giant poodle has yet to decide which house he will fight for, but is leaning towards House Badger; and Jon Deacon is a magic hermit who will save the Queen from the upstart House Umber, and the villainous Adam Umber? Did I miss anything?

[interesting information, do you have the source please ?

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 125 posts

Posted: 07 May 19, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NotQuiteAShilling wrote:

That is interesting history of Cinco de Mayo - I did not know that! Queen played in Puebla - correct? Was that the infamous shoe throwing concert??

Yes QuiteaShilling,
Puebla was the shoe throwing concert where they hit John Deacon in the head, and where you see photos of John wearing a Dallas cowboys helmet on stage.

Freddie ended the show saying “ thanks for the shoes! Adios you M-f’ers, you bunch of tacos “

They promised never to return to Mexico for that and other serious issues....and they kept that promise

Posted: 07 May 19, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgo,Cant blame him I wouldnt go back either.

Posted: 07 May 19, 17:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly,My sweet dear.I dont believe I have met you. I dont know were you got your info about night clubs but last time I checked a person didnt need lead by anyone they walked in and left on their own.Maybe this is your own opinion that's what it sounds like to me.We are entitled to our opinions but I think you might have this wrong in my opinion.Freddie met these two men from what I know and they introduced him to their friends they all ran around together.He referred to them as daughters maybe because they were younger than himself.He valued his friendship with them very much and didnt consider himself king of anyone.He just wanted to be a regular guy as much as any celebrity probably does from time to time.Im glad he had this outlet and developed these friendships to do so.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5751 posts

Posted: 07 May 19, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN wrote:

last time I checked a person didnt need lead by anyone they walked in and left on their own.

Valar dohaeris!

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
queenfan09 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 36 posts

Posted: 07 May 19, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

I too haven't posted on this thread for awhile, but catching up always takes some time - hoping to see Thor's good news soon.

I see John more as Ghost - seems kinda left out and not spoken much about, though everyone wonders where he is. But when you do see him, he's always cheered on! (Sad he's heading North...rarely to be seen again)

Thanks Holly for throwing a bit of Westeros shenanigans in the mix - LOL

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 573 posts

Posted: 07 May 19, 23:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone heard from our boys ?

Hope all goes well in book publishing land!

I so want this lovely book!

Posted: 08 May 19, 01:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie D ,How are you? We are to lonely souls here arent we?

Rainbow61 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 544 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When you play Queen music at home or in the car, what songs do you have to listen to more than once? I had an almost 2 hour drive to a meeting a couple of days ago and sang Queen music the entire trip. (Yes, in case you were wondering, I was the only one in the car!) There are some songs that as soon as they finish, I immediately have to listen to them a second time. "Tie Your Mother Down" is one of those songs. Just love the guitar work and the lively beat. I'm surprised I did not see a state trooper car with flashing lights pull up behind me...responding to a call from a concerned citizen who passed me on the road and saw a “mad” woman hollering to herself and gesticulating wildly as she was driving down the highway bouncing up and down on the seat!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 08 May 19, 06:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Peeps!

Happy Hump Day to you all !

Thought I'd share this link to a YouTube video. it's a video of the Live Killers your from 1979 and Freddie and indeed all of them are on fine form love how amused Freddie looks when singing Dreamer's Ball ! ?

It's LOOONG ! Hour and a half! Worth a download though!

Have a great day

https://youtu.be/w8bvihDMdmA

FreddieDarling

Posted: 08 May 19, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey there Chevy mate! Yes thread is very quiet at the moment after Mika "rustled" everyone! Ha Ha! Shepherd Thor better come back and whistle us home! ;-)

Rainbow! Save Me often gets a second play for me. Freddie's voice in this song is phenomenal. It has everything! Starts off slow and low and melodic, then goes into powerful and back and forth. I adore this song.

Have a great day, peeps!

TTFN

FreddieDarling

Posted: 08 May 19, 06:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL@"mad woman", Rainbow!

What a bloody cheek! A woman of great taste would be my description!

Posted: 08 May 19, 07:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow it's Dragon attack for me

Rainbow61 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 544 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh my gosh...I know I am staying up far too late when the lovely folks "Across the Pond" are getting up and I have not gone to bed yet!

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 08:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow I am up very late as well don’t worry. You aren’t alone.