Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 May 19, 08:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow I am up very late as well don’t worry. You aren’t alone.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow....when the grands get in my car....i get two immediate requests!!!! No, Demands really! My granddaughter insists on '39...then proceeds to sing at the top of her lungs. (I am Not allowed to sing along with her!!!). My grandson (he's four) wants Radio Ga Ga and starts double clapping before I can even get the disc inserted.....he shouts to me....Double clap mimi!!!!! .....even though I'm driving!!.....Monty also loves Bicycle....but every time I play it he asks.....Why doesn't Freddie like Star Wars?????? It really bothers him. Lol

Katydyd5 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Repeat listening in the car depends on my mood. Right now I'm loving "Who Wants To Live Forever" and "Killer Queen". My granddaughter always wants to hear "Bicycle" more than once. Both of my grandkids love WWRY. Once she was so angry at her brother for something that she was sputtering. She was so frustrated that she couldn't get the words out to express her anger. She finally shouted at him, "You've got mud on your face, you big disgrace!" It didn't lessen her anger that we all laughed.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd,Funny how kids today like the music I guess it's through us they began to listen and recognize it.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5

I love that story! Bless! At least it wasn't blood on his face! :-)

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbows for me it's Body Language! I see you all cringing - haha! I can't help it - I'm bumping and grinding and singing those high notes at the top of my voice. Sometimes it's Invisible Man - RRRRRrrroger Taylor!

By the way - I know I picked a very long user name here - feel free to just call me "Shilling"

Posted: 08 May 19, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Thor and Lee are very busy working on whatever the "good news" is - at least that is what I am hoping is the reason they've been away....Shaun I think is just had it. But I am really really hoping he comes back too. I really love his input

Posted: 08 May 19, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Thor and Lee are very busy working on whatever the "good news" is - at least that is what I am hoping is the reason they've been away....Shaun I think is just had it. But I am really really hoping he comes back too. I really love his input

Katydyd5 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 16:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling, thanks for the video from Live Killers. I watched part of this morning, but will have to finish when I have more time.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shilling....... I like Body Language and Invisible Man...in fact I am a fan of the Hot Space album.

Katy that is a wonderful story , you have taught them well lol....I realised I sound like Yoda .....Taught them well you have lol ....(says in Yoda's voice) You have too Blenko .....I love that the young from all parts of the world are enjoying Queen music :)

Queenfan I am giving you a high five :)

Rainbow the best way to be when driving listening to queen....go for it , esp when Bo Rhap comes on, you need to do a Waynes World :)

Thor please say hi, AND Shaun :)

Posted: 08 May 19, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My first double post - dang I was so proud of myself for never having done that! Sorry guys.

It was either Katy or Blenko that got me into the Hot Space album. Other than Body Language I had poo poo'ed that album before. Now I love it. Back Chat!

Posted: 08 May 19, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

back chat, back chat lol

I am sure Thor had a story about back chat??

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 19:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello everybody :)

I spent 5 hours in my car today.
It made whole gig in Budapest 86, Made in Heaven, Night at the Opera and a half of Rainbow 74.
I'm old fashioned and still listen to albums as a whole and never skip anything :)
My 3 years old daughter was with me and she doesn't complain so I hope she likes it too :)
Funny thing is her favourite song is Get down make love :D bless her, she doesn't understand a word :)

And Hot Space is my Nr. 1 album. I love Cool Cat ;)

Doughnut, what's the story about the Back chat? :)

Posted: 08 May 19, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mika....your daughter has good taste because 'get down, make love' is another go to of mine. Lets hope she doesn't start singing it out loud somewhere embarrassing ;)

I think Thor and Lee used to sing 'back chat,back chat' sometimes, I can't remember if it was with Freddie or when thinking about Freddie. You may have to go back and read every page to see it or hope Thor comes on soon and can remind us. Reading every page made take a while lol

Ladies I have just finished reading a book by Rose Rose who was Freddie's girlfriend back in his college days . It is free to download on Kindle and is worth a read . Poor Freddie was a confused soul back then and it answers a lot of questions as to why he struggled with his sexuality.

Annie65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 08 May 19, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow...I usually listen to March of the Black Queen more than once......once just isn’t enough!

Annie65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 08 May 19, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the book suggestion Doughnut...I think I will definitely check it out and I even have the Kindle app!

Posted: 08 May 19, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut there may be a Thor/Lee Back Chat story that I don't remember - but I DO remember his story about Body Language. He said they did NOT like that one and if one of them was talking too much the other would say "Don't Talk" like Freddie does in Body Language. Hee Hee I can totally picture it! They may have teased Freddie with it too, I can't remember

What is the name of Rose Rose's book please?

Get Down Make Love is sooooooo good!! That kiddo's got taste! The Milton Keyes Live at the Bowl version is STELLER! Same with that concert's version of Dragon Attack and Action This Day. Hell that whole concert is the best.

I've also been into repeated listening lately of "Stealing" - the long version. Freddie is amazing in that song imo

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At work I use my phone and a blue tooth speaker to stream Amazon music (we have bad radio reception in the building). I usually have a playlist filled with Queen blasting away in the lab. I've had several people who work in the building tell me that they really like my music. :0)

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Shilling......believe it or not....i have Never heard the Hot Space Album. Sure, I've heard a few singles from it....but in my time it was soooo poorly recieved....that I put that album on the bottom of my wish list. Now I'm moving it to the top......as so very many fans rave about it!!

Hey....Thor n Lee (Shaun, too)....could u guys just give us a quick post to let us know you're still here?????????? Miss you guys!!!!

LoriG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 08 May 19, 23:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Typically repeat plays for me are live versions of ‘My Melancholy Blues’, ‘Save Me’, and ‘Dragon Attack’. All too good to hear only once.