Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 May 19, 01:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Repeat plays depend on my mood of the day and Queen can satisfy all

Recent repeats: Spread Your Wings, Melancholy Blues, Good Old Fashion Lover Boy

Thor and Lee: Still patiently waiting for the good news

Shaun: hope things are well with you!

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 09 May 19, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

She finally shouted at him, 'You've got mud on your face, you big disgrace!

@katydyd, OMG, I cracked up about that story about your granddaughter. She sounds adorable - and clever! I remember when my nephew was in early elementary school, he heard "Fat Bottomed Girls" on my car stereo and commented that the lyrics were "mean." Apparently, it's rude to call out girls' bottoms as "fat." LOL

@mika, when my nephew was 3, the age of your daughter, I would play B.B. King's version of "The Thrill is Gone" in my car. The lyrics may not be the most appropriate, but it's an easy song for a preschooler to learn, because the line "The thrill is gone" repeats 9x. Plus, it's a rock and roll blues classic. Start 'em young. As I drove, I'd yell out, "I forgot the lyrics again. What's the next line?" My nephew, strapped in his car seat in my back seat, would bellow back, in tune to the music, "The thrill is gone!" Those were the days.

Blenkolove and katydyd, enjoy your grands when they're young and you're the Master of the Universe over your car stereo. I'm no longer in control. My teen nieces and nephew resent it when I try to force my beloved classics on them, esp. when they're captive en route. They have Spotify and have managed to pair their iPhones to my vehicle's Bluetooth. I'm forced to endure their Post Malone, Beyonce, etc. What ever happened to respect for their elders? I try to teach them that proper etiquette demands that the driver/owner of the vehicle has the ultimate say in the music selection, NOT the passengers, but they don't heed me.

For me, I don't hate "Hot Space" but I'm not enamored by it, either. It's tolerable.

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 09 May 19, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T.
Thanks a lot for recommendation. She listens a lot to various English nursery songs and starts to repeat the verses even she doesn't understand what she is singing about. The same goes to Queen songs. Mamma Mia mamma Mia in BoRhap was the first thing she sang :D
I really hope English will be for her as natural as her mother tongue.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 09 May 19, 07:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A
Awww shilling it was body language not back chat. I knew that was something said lol

Search rose rose Freddie mercury as I can't remember the title , lol

Good Thursday everyone

Posted: 09 May 19, 07:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dragon attack , get down make love are awsome, as is my meloncony blues , beautiful and phoebes fav.

Jo t my girls moan about my music in the car . I Bluetooth my Apple playlist . Yesterday my oldest asked how to connect her phone .....ummmm......I can't remember he he he

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 09 May 19, 07:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good Morning

Hope everyone obpn the thread has a great Thursday.

It's cool and drizzly here (again)

I too love Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy, I also adore Seven Seas of Rhye. Of course Somebody To Love (especially live) I'd be happy to have on permanent loop!

I love the Dragon Attack firm Montreal. That growl in Freddie's voice when he sings "Yeah, yeah, yeah" is superb. He doesn't do it so full-throated often, bit this might be dud. Either he was entirely confident in his voice that night, or it was aggression/frustration coming out in him over the whole Saul Swimmer fiasco. Whatever it was I love it.

Love all the tales of the kiddies singing along! Cute!

Missing ourThor and Lee, but apparently the boys are busy with the book so that's all good! :-)

My Little Freddies rocking chair arrived yesterday! He loves it! Gonna try to post a piccy.

Have a good Thursday, peeps!

TTFN

Attachment: 2019592019902702.JPG 1 MB
This has been downloaded 23 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 09 May 19, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And here's another one of him in a calmer mood!

Note Oscar sitting on his lap.

Attachment: 2019591882435592.JPG 2 MB
This has been downloaded 23 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 09 May 19, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is my Freddie 5D Diamond painting pictures so far....... Only a few thousand resin tiles left to apply! :-

Attachment: 201959368180876.JPG 1 MB
This has been downloaded 16 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 09 May 19, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Typos as ever! *Sigh*

Should have read "this time he did" Freddie was NEVER "dud" !!!

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 09 May 19, 20:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I found this time elapse of constructing a Freddie sculpture totally mesmerizing.

https://youtu.be/5J8z_J5Fe2g

Lsgp03

Posted: 09 May 19, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NotQuiteAShilling wrote:

Doughnut there may be a Thor/Lee Back Chat story that I don't remember - but I DO remember his story about Body Language. He said they did NOT like that one and if one of them was talking too much the other would say "Don't Talk" like Freddie does in Body Language. Hee Hee I can totally picture it! They may have teased Freddie with it too, I can't remember

What is the name of Rose Rose's book please?

Get Down Make Love is sooooooo good!! That kiddo's got taste! The Milton Keyes Live at the Bowl version is STELLER! Same with that concert's version of Dragon Attack and Action This Day. Hell that whole concert is the best.

I've also been into repeated listening lately of "Stealing" - the long version. Freddie is amazing in that song imo

Hi NotQuiteashilling,

Rose Rose Book name is: LIFE, ART AND FREDDIE MERCURY 1968-70

Lsgp03

Posted: 09 May 19, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NotQuiteAShilling wrote:

Doughnut there may be a Thor/Lee Back Chat story that I don't remember - but I DO remember his story about Body Language. He said they did NOT like that one and if one of them was talking too much the other would say "Don't Talk" like Freddie does in Body Language. Hee Hee I can totally picture it! They may have teased Freddie with it too, I can't remember

What is the name of Rose Rose's book please?

Get Down Make Love is sooooooo good!! That kiddo's got taste! The Milton Keyes Live at the Bowl version is STELLER! Same with that concert's version of Dragon Attack and Action This Day. Hell that whole concert is the best.

I've also been into repeated listening lately of "Stealing" - the long version. Freddie is amazing in that song imo

Hi Notquiteashilling,

Lsgp03

Posted: 09 May 19, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi NotQuiteaShilling

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 09 May 19, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks to everyone who shared their Queen “repeat” songs. Wow…what a wide range of tunes that were mentioned.

That so many different songs were picked shows how diverse Queen’s music was. "March of the Black Queen" is also one of my repeat favorites...just love that 70's stuff. "Who Wants To Live Forever" is such a beautiful and poignant song...that's why a while back I decided to use it for my Olympic gold medal figure skating performance! LOL

Absolutely LOVED all the great stories about kids, grand kids, nieces, and nephews who like Queen music…picturing those kids singing makes me smile! You are all doing a grand job of preparing the next generation of Queenies!

Freddie was always chauffeured everywhere, so he never had that wonderful experience of singing alone in the car. Can you imagine him driving down the highway belting out Prince or Aretha songs?

Are there any Queen songs that you find difficult to sing? A couple that immediately come to mind are "Stone Cold Crazy" which is so fast I can barely keep up, and Mustapha, because of the throaty way some of the "words" are pronounced. As an English speaker, I am unaccustomed to making those sounds...but I do have a blast trying!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 10 May 19, 01:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I can't begin to sing Stone Cold Crazy. Even with the lyrics right in front of me, I can't keep up. It's one of my favorites though.

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 10 May 19, 03:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Lsgp03!!

Blenko you should definitely give Hot Space a shot. Maybe it was Katydyd who recommended it? Blenko you are my Tampa Bay Q105 buddy right?

Doughnut - you were close They are both on Hot Space haha DON'T TALK

Posted: 10 May 19, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow what a fab song choice for your gold medal performance. You must send us the link so we can see you lol ;)))))

I feel blessed to be talking to you :)))

Stone cold crazy is def hard to sing song, its so fast. Let me entertain you is tricky in places as I loose my breath.

Katy let us know what you think of hot space when you listen to it .

can't remember anything else, I have bad bad memory.

Have good day all or evening or afternoon. Gosh wouldn't it be easier if we were all on the same time zone.

of its ffffrrrrriiiiiiiddddaaayyyyy and I'm happy . Glass of wine this evening :)

Posted: 10 May 19, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ah it was blenko who put HOt Space to the bottom on the pile. Dam. Give it a listen its good but at the time it was released it was a big departure for them so I understand why it wasn't well received .

is everyone here on our little secret fb group ? if you want to join pm me

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 10 May 19, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IT'S FUN FRIDAY!!!! YAY!
Shilling, I am the girl from Tampa. Mason Dixon is Still DJ on Q105! And I will report back when I've listened to Hot Space.
Doughnut....i haven't joined yet....i need to get my son to help me set up private FB account.......hopefully soon!!
Have a Great day guys!!!
I have Killer's Live in my car right now....and am jamming to Death on Two Legs on my way to work.....It Really FIRES ME UP!!
Tootles

dudeofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 756 posts

Posted: 10 May 19, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

>I have Killer's Live in my car right now....and am jamming to Death on Two Legs on my way to work.....It Really FIRES ME UP!!

Whilst posting this message? Keep an eye out for the traffic police.......oh, and other motorists and pedestrians........