Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 May 19, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Omg this site is ancient

Posted: 12 May 19, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn’t mean to post that a bunch of times.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 12 May 19, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you, Thor for dropping in! Fingers crossed you have met a smart publishing house who realise and appreciate the gem you have to offer!

Keep well and love to you both.

Kind Regards to everyone and Happy Mother's Day to our American Mommies!

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 12 May 19, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A very happy "Mother's Day" to all the mothers out there, especially to those who have taken on the duties of a mother, but are not called "Mom"!

LaureG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 12 May 19, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy mother's day to all who are concerned. In France it's on may 26th ... can't wait to know more about Thor's and Lee's book.
Have a wonderful sunday! :)

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 12 May 19, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

laureG and Rainbow I have sent you a PM

Happy mothers day to those celebrating today :)

Radioblabla user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 12 May 19, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thundergod wrote:

I am here but I am not participating. More important to get this book to press. I still love you all.

Hi Thor thanks for stopping by and am I wrong but does that mean you found a publisher? :) Hope it's progressing smoothly. Keep up!

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 12 May 19, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, you finally came up for air. Just keep on swimming. We can't wait for the book to be "hot off the press" in the near future!

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 12 May 19, 21:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow- what a wonderful Mother's Day post - you are absolutely correct-there are many that fill the role as mother- Happy Mother's Day to all!!

Thor and Lee- Hope you are getting closer!!

Posted: 13 May 19, 01:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Help someone....has there been an update? I cannot figure out how to get to my PM box. I went under members and I saw my email but that's something different....I don't see the PM option even under any other tab.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Champion: 86 posts

Hooray! Thor made an appearance! Giving the confidence to keep on going. Hope everyone had a pleasant Mother’s Day.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Champion: 86 posts

Hooray! Thor made an appearance! Giving the confidence to keep on going. Hope everyone had a pleasant Mother’s Day.

FreddieDarling

Posted: 13 May 19, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk

There should be a link under the text alerting you to a PM. Click/tap on the and it should take you to your QZ PM inbox. :-)

FreddieDarling

Posted: 13 May 19, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk

Additional: the alert of a PMshould come to your email address your used o register to join.

FreddieDarling

Posted: 14 May 19, 19:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gosh we're all quiet!

Can you hear me, Mother ?!

OK here's a thread question/poll!

If Rudi Dolezal's book is released in English are you going to buy it?

Hope everyone is well. :-)

BTW I ordered a Jim dolly for Little Freddie! I have to Jim-ify him when he arrives, but my boy needed a companion.

I'm on the look out for a 1:12 scale "cuddly" physique man doll, too! Little Freddie needs a Little Phoebe to take care of him when I'm out! :-)

If anyone spots a likely candidate can you PM me or post in the thread? (Especially if it's located in UK!)

Galileo1564 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts

Posted: 14 May 19, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think everyone has run off to the facebook group, but it’s not my thing. I’ve only occasionally posted on this thread.

Yes, I’ll buy Rudi’s book if it’s available in English (or French). I think the part about dwarves being baked into chocolate cakes is made up. He was a part of Freddie’s professional life, so I expect there will be enough good in his book to make it worthwhile. My interest in Freddie is probably 90% on the music side and maybe 10% on the personal. I like knowing about him as a person from people who actually knew him.

I wish there weren’t so many lies and myths floating around about Freddie! This group has been a big help in sorting out the truth from the BS.

Annie65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 14 May 19, 22:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will definitely buy Rudi's book if it is in English. I don’t think I’ll ever stop wanting to soak up Freddie from good sources! Looking forward to news from Thor and Lee about their book too!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 15 May 19, 00:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rudi's book is on my list if it is published in English. I can't imagine that it won't be. I've checked on Amazon and there is nothing there yet. I truly believe that the original article about the book that had so many questionable statements came from a publisher or a journalist who didn't do their homework. Rudi worked closely with Freddie and the band for years and I think he will have many stories to share.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 15 May 19, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Rudy's book is worth a read.When is it gonna be out?I'm totally excited for Thor and Lee book too I'm willing to read any book by someone that had a close friendship or at least knew him .I find the chances of it being true and more probable than these trash tabloid journalists accounts of the truth.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 15 May 19, 00:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm gonna go ahead and speak for the fb group that has been created.Alot of us from this forum havent stopped posting here we are taking a little break.The fb group still allows us to get together exchange photos act a little crazy and discuss a man that we all seem to have desire to discuss without hate from outside sources coming in ruining it.I think we all enjoy each others company or we wouldnt post day after day.Its not our Intention for this group to become big We want to keep it small like it is here.That's the reason everyone is and will be screened before joining.There wont be any bulling by any of our members.well I guess that's about all folks over and out.