Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 147 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 May 19, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Finally! Great news Thor and Lee! Patience really did pay off. Looking forward to purchasing the book!
Does anyone here know if in the Elton John movie coming out, if Freddie will be reflected in the movie (even if for a moment) since Elton and Freddie were good friends? Freddie’s death impacted him hard.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1084 posts

Posted: 25 May 19, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Elton John film out may 31st

Posted: 25 May 19, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Elton and Freddie partied alot so I would say possibly he might be portrayed in there somewhere.I knew Elton definitely wont make another film like queen productions did.So it will be a good film I think.They were good friends for a number of years so I hope he puts him in it.As long as I don't have to see Peter straker I will be fine.

Posted: 25 May 19, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh I don't know if anyone is into mutely cruel but they got one out on blue ray called The Dirt.It's really good.It shows warts and all

Posted: 25 May 19, 05:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Motely Crue I meant

Posted: 25 May 19, 05:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crew I cant spell shit

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 582 posts

Posted: 25 May 19, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy, yes Freddie packed SO much into his far too brief, but dynamic life. Bless him. David Evans said it was tempting to think that Freddie knew he had to travel light as he needed to not carry excess baggage as he fitted as much as he could into his life. Something like that, anyway.

I do wish that animation film had been made. At least he had that lovely Disney cell of sweet Delilah.

I'm going to see Rocket Man tonight! :-)

Villiers, thank you for all the hard work you do which brings such pleasure to so many. I can understand eager anticipation but not impatience of an upload! Good things come to those who wait!

I'm still mega excited the boys have found a publisher a last! Well done!! You deserve every success!

I will tell Little Freddie and Little Jim when they wake up! :-)

BTW it's Gay Pride Day in Birmingham! Let's hear a big HURRAH for diversity and tolerance!!!!!!!

Bye for now Peeps!

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 25 May 19, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am so happy for you guys, you have finally done , what a relief. I cannot wait for this book to come out.
Thanks for the update and we understand you can't join us here too much now but we miss you both.

Rocket man came out here this week. I am keen to see it as I have heard it is very musical and really good. I love Elton. Some good ones came out of the UK aye lol

Villiers just ignore them, don't let if bother you. I've come to discover that there are some strange people in this world.

sammyfrankfreddie96 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts

Posted: 25 May 19, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just checked back in on this thread...and apparently at a great time! CONGRATS THOR AND LEE <3 I cannot wait to see your efforts realized.

And thank goodness as I'm running out of good Freddie books to read haha! I'm working through Peter Freestone's now and saw photos of you all together and reminded me to check in here :)

To everyone who encouraged my singing of 'Queen' songs, wanted to check in here and say thank you all again for your support and comments, it was a huge confidence boost for me. I got struck down with mono a few weeks back and on the days where I had energy, I tried my hand at a few more 'Queen' tracks with some surprising results...would love to share them here in the one thread that seems to have a loving and supportive nature haha...

Firstly, "Gimme the Prize", which is in my opinion the single most ridiculous vocal line ever written or sung by Queen and Freddie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W7QqI3Uco0

Next, "Hammer to Fall" (I did the backing vocals here too):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NqgWWyyGeo

And finally "Breakthru":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GtLQAMrxp8

For some reason my voice changed up a bit and I was able to sing the higher notes with a raspier sound without it hurting my voice...so I utilized that for these tracks haha. Anyway I'd always love feedback from you all in this thread, but if not thats okay too :)

Hope everyone here is well <3 Take care!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts

Posted: 25 May 19, 11:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's nice to see so many long absent faces appear here again to congratulate Thor and Lee. I suspect that when we all have our hands on the book we'll come up with some great discussions and questions about the book. It's wonderful that the guys are gifted with patience and perseverance. They will be rewarded...………...and so will we!

Villiers, take your time! Your Live is simply another thing to look forward to.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 120 posts

Posted: 25 May 19, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Congratulations, Thor and Lee, on finally securing a publisher! We'll have more reason to celebrate either next Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) or next Xmas (for those who celebrate it)!

Villiers, thank you for all you have done and continue to do. You are appreciated!

Lee Kathleen Nolan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 170 posts

Posted: 25 May 19, 22:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor...what publisher?
When we’re you gonna tell me?

Posted: 25 May 19, 22:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor...what publisher?
When we’re you gonna tell me?

Posted: 25 May 19, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KIDDING!!!!!!!
Yay!
LOL

Posted: 25 May 19, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your Funny Lee your a clown like me.Tell Mr. Coter I said Hi!

Posted: 25 May 19, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kotter I spelled that wrong damn.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 559 posts

Posted: 26 May 19, 00:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Lee..,

A while back you mentioned you were taking a trip to Ireland. Is that coming up soon? Must be a relief now that the book deal has happened...you can go and not have that pressing down on you!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts

Posted: 26 May 19, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice to see you Lee. So glad you guys are moving forward. I forgot about your trip to Ireland. I hope you will share a bit about that when you return.

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 26 May 19, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Lee!!

What great a Christmas gift to look forward to this year. Nice to hear from you!! Can't wait to see those pictures and hear about the NYC daughters:)

Villiers- thanks for everything you have done. Obviously some people have nothing to do but complain- there are lots more of us on here that appreciate your efforts- hope you know that!!

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 26 May 19, 04:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG CONGRATULATIONS THOR and LEE!!!!!! Your perseverance has paid off - I'm am so excited for you both and for us too!

Lee you crack me up

SO good to see you both here, even briefly. We adore you both

Villiers we love you too and sorry someone's being pushy and rude

ACK! THIS IS SO FLIPPIN' EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!