Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Freddienotfreddy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 19, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you to Thor and Lee for all the time and effort you've put into getting the book published for all of us fans.

Congratulations and take my money!

koala user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 26 May 19, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Congratulations guys! I'm happy your hard work has finally paid off and I can't wait to get my hands on the book :)

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 27 May 19, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ack! I thought I had this secret button thing down. I am still about 50 pages behind but I wanted to respond to this.....I agree with this comment however. I have known people who were attracted to both sexes.

A really good example of women being completely uninteresting to Freddie is all the pics you see of him getting off the elevator or in the elevator at the roof top party after Wembley is so telling.

There are naked women only covered in body paint and Freddie doesn't look twice he could give two shits.....it's obvious that it "interests" many others but if a man can have a basically naked woman right next to him and not even care....that man is GAY! lol

queenfan09 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts

Posted: 27 May 19, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Congrats on securing a publisher Thor and Lee! I'm not sure if it had already been asked, but when it's published, will it be available in different formats (hardcover, softcover, Kindle)?

Posted: 27 May 19, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You guys know that the Magic Remixed doc was shot by Rudi Dolezal and his partner right? He was also the interviewer in the now famous Musical prostitute interview! lol I just found that out the other day.

IF you watch any video and it says DORO productions that is rudi and his partner.
Jim mentions them both in his book the "torpedo twins" they also shot the ONE VISION documentary and music video. The Magic Remixed thing was one of their first.

Posted: 27 May 19, 03:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN wrote:

Perk what seems to be your problem

I have gotten the group page link from more than one person and when I click it says the link is broken......I'm so frustrated!!!!! Anyone know a way around this? I wanna join this sucks!

Posted: 27 May 19, 03:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I DID IT AND THEY DID IT! I actually got through this entire thread!

At one point I thought it was running away without me. The pages kept growing and my reading wasn't going fast enough. I don't know why Facebook is hating on me so much......whyyyyyyy!!!!!

Thor and Lee, HELL YES! I donated to the GOFUNDME I didn't know we still could and get a signed book or I would have been on that FOREVER ago.

Villers is my girl! She has so much knowledge she is the yoda to my padwan. I am trying to help her out a bit on lives and stuff cause she's busy. Katie tell me how I can help and I'm on it!

Is anyone here the facebook whisperer? I've tried for weeks and I just don't understand! I do a search and it doesn't come up either....I wanna play in the group too!

Sorry I'm whining a bit cause I'm super freaking frustrated.....

THOR AND LEE YOU TWO GET YOUR BEHINDS BACK HERE! we will ask you about car trouble or flooding we can find SOMETHING

Also, have we completely lost SM? I guess the haters got their way and ran him off which totally sucks because that's just what they want! hurry back...hurry back....as the song says!

90 percent of us are awesome don't let those 10 percent ruin it all for us. I would love to get more insight into GL and for all the haters is I'm a buttkisser for Thor and Lee.......

BEND OVER GUYS! LOL

Publisher!!! Someone wised up....now in true impatient fashion when it coming out.....NOOOOOOWWWWW....lol I share that trait with Freddie.....love you guys my Queenzone family and how we are all dysfunctional a bit just like all families :)

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1084 posts

Posted: 27 May 19, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk, Thor and Lee arent worried about the haters they will always be there.I imagine there will be more to come in the future this isn't their first rodeo through life.We all are just happy for them they have this new journey to begin and can keep making happy memories with this forum in remembrance of their dear friend.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 147 posts

Posted: 27 May 19, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all! Has anyone in England seen “Rocketman” yet, your thoughts, and any mention of Freddie in the film since they were very good friends?

Posted: 27 May 19, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ask Freddie Darling, She has seen it maybe she has some answers.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 27 May 19, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't had a chance to see it yet but as Chevyman said FreddieDarling has seen it. I don't recall her mentioning seeing Freddie.

As far as I can tell its getting good reviews

Lsgp03

Posted: 27 May 19, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you!

Lsgp03

Posted: 27 May 19, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN wrote:

Ask Freddie Darling, She has seen it maybe she has some answers.

Thanks! I would think at least a nod, regarding their partying and how Elton said Freddie could out party him, and he said that was saying a lot. Also, Freddie’s passing deeply and profoundly affected Elton. It’s still worth a 3 minute scene at least.
Oh well

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 27 May 19, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Memorial Day to all those in the US

Thank you to all who served and the sacrifices that were made.

Chevyman - do I remember that you served? Hats off to you if so!!

A salute to all serviceman past and current!!

Thor and Lee - hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend!!

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 581 posts

Posted: 27 May 19, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Question folks!

What is your most treasured Queen/Freddie related possession?

I struggle to choose between my BIG Freddie Mercury Solo Collection, my Freddie Mercury Montreux replica statue and Little Freddies!

Ooh, decisions!!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 27 May 19, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sad to report Freddie doesn't even get a mention in Rocket Man ! :-(

FreddieDarling

Posted: 27 May 19, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 28 May 19, 00:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He doesn"t mention Freddie well Queen production didn't mention him either and they clearly were good friends from very early years on.So it's his movie he can do what he pleases.I'm glad he showed him true self or as much as he was comfortable showing.The man has a beautiful talent and voice.I'm glad he is enjoying his life with his beautiful family.

Lsgp03

Posted: 28 May 19, 02:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling wrote:

Ugh, it should have, they were very good friends and Freddie’s death devastated Elton john. The script writer and director should have given it a 3 to 5 minute scene at least acknowledging their friendship.

It would not have taken away from Bohemian Rhapsody movie at all. But then again Bohemian didn’t mention Elton except to the reference of John Reid, and his opinion on length of song.
But it was a mention.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 120 posts

Posted: 28 May 19, 03:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In terms of how Freddie Mercury wasn't portrayed or mentioned in "Rocketman" (BTW, I have yet to see the movie. It doesn't come out till the 31st in my metropolis in the U.S. I erroneously believed it would open over Memorial Day weekend.) . . . .

I saw Sir Elton John's 3-year farewell tour "Farewell Yellow Brick Road" 2x already, once in America's Midwest in 2018 and once @ NYC's Madison Square Garden in 2019. During both concerts, Elton promoted the Elton John AIDS Foundation and recounted sadness over of all the previous lives lost to AIDS. He never once mentioned his dear friend, Freddie Mercury, specifically by name, and I never felt it was necessary. Maybe Elton didn't want to exploit Freddie's name, esp. following the success of "Bohemian Rhapsody" by dropping his name during his concerts to promote his own AIDS foundation or have Freddie appear as himself in a cameo as a party guest or friend dying from AIDS in "Rocketman." Elton was one of the few visitors Freddie allowed in his dying days. Clearly, they were beloved friends. Perhaps Elton would prefer to relish his memories of Freddie privately. That's why he doesn't mention Freddie's name during his concerts and saw no need for Freddie to appear in his biopic, out of respect. Elton did have a say in the movie about his life. Well, that's my opinion, right or wrong.