Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 May 19, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great to hear it's finally happening! Thor I know you aren't on all that often now but I was wondering how you guys are going to get the signed copies to those of us that paid the $50+. You'd need our addresses and actual names, no?

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 718 posts

Posted: 30 May 19, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor,It's nice to see you post some again it's been too long.I hope this finds you well.Hope you keep dropping in when you have time it's not the same without you.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 30 May 19, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling wrote:

I wasn't denigrating Elton for not including Freddie in his biopic at all just responding to the question posed toward me as to whether Freddie was mentioned. :-)

I have a lot of respect and admiration for Elton.

Thanks Freddiedarling. No one was denigrating Elton. Not sure how anyone took it that way. I’m not saying Elton and Freddie movies had to justify their friendship as we know they were very close friends. It simply would have been nice to reference the friendship in either movie. Not that it had to. For me personally It would have been a pleasure of the senses to see.
I love both artists.
That’s all I was saying in the original question.
Somehow it morphed into justifications, etc.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 30 May 19, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

can someone tell me where Thor's update is please? I can't find it. The one about it being ready in 7 to 8 months

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 30 May 19, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut...It is now 7-9 months and can be found under "updates" on our GoFundMe page. Title of our campaign is:
freddiemercury-bk-w-50 unseen pic

thundergod

Posted: 30 May 19, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dustin,
As the book is still 7 months away (at the earliest) I still have plenty of time to contact GoFundMe 24/7 help line and find out how to do this. They were so helpful when I had to get a donation refunded to a donor in Finland. (the only refund ever requested after April 30th.) At this point, with the book on the way, refunds will cease.

thundergod

Posted: 30 May 19, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The GoFundMe site has been updated and the goal raised to
$4000.00. Once the book is available Lee and I will be doing book signings, first in Southern California and then, hopefully nation-wide and ultimately, world-wide. Travel is a bit expensive.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 30 May 19, 20:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Thor and Lee,

There must be a lot of details to finalize… Looking forward to hearing whatever you can share as this process unfolds.

Think of how absolutely exciting it will be the first time you get to hold the book in your hands…what a moment that will be!!!

thundergod

Posted: 30 May 19, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right-on Rainbow!

Deedree user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deedree
Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 01:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor that is so exciting! I imagine you won't be coming to Australia for book signings though - we are always too far from everything, but as you know we are certainly worth the trip. Maybe you can finally see that Tasmanian Devil that you mentioned you are wishing to see! Food for thought........

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 01:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Thor does that mean you are back with us now? We know you have the book coming out and all, are you done working on it? Is it now in the "publishing" phase? We know you don't want to give away stuff in the book, but surely there are things we can talk about that aren't in there?

I am super curious to know if Freddie ever wore any of his more casual stage outfits out? Like the white jeans or the superman tank top for example? Phoebe always said after a while he wore what was comfortable. I wondered if he wore those outfits out with his friends at all? Though this is the man that had four outfits for live aid so I doubt it. lol

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 01:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone know or have you seen anything as to why all of Freddie's stage outfits had arrows on them after a while? I am dying to know it is a huge theme in all his shows in the 80's. Even a jacket made completely out of arrows!

@Thor we are almost to 300 pages wow!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 02:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm going to go completely off topic for just a minute here. I hope all of our US friends on QZ are safe from the terrible tornado outbreaks we have been experiencing. The flooding has been horrific too. This time of year is always active, but this has been far worse than the norm. I'm on the tail end of Tornado Alley, but so far we have been blessedly safe. Their was a huge outbreak forty miles north of here that left massive destruction. It was so bad that they had to use snowplows to get the debris off the interstates.

I'm hoping no one has been affected and that you all stay safe!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 02:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, you have stopped in here more than I thought you might and it's been good to see you. I know nothing about the publishing process, but I would think you might possibly be even busier now than you have been so far. I can only imagine that you must be so jazzed to know you guys are about to be published authors. Is it real for you yet??

I'll bet that once we all have the book you will be inundated with new questions. This is going to be fun!

Thanks for checking in when you can! After all this time, I don't think 7-9 months sounds bad at all. Maybe we'll have a great Christmas present! Or a lovely way to ring in the New Year.

Selkie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 03:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ack! I’m so torn now and I don’t know what to do! Should I donate to the gfm to get my signed copy or wait until the book tour? I think there would be a good possibility of it coming to my area....

thundergod

Posted: 31 May 19, 03:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Selkie,
I would not wait for the book signing if I were you. It may not be going full steam ahead for a while Yes, the limit has been adjusted to a $ 4000.00 goal. I think you will get the book a lot faster by using the GoFundMe site.

thundergod

Posted: 31 May 19, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd, you are so right. A lot of paperwork and forms to read through and fill out. We have maximal input into everything that goes into the book including page design and graphics so we will be quite busy.

thundergod

Posted: 31 May 19, 04:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Perk,
I will only read and comment occasionally. The book will be the priority for at least 7 months...so that you can all get a quality and well designed Coffee Table Book. The process is long and complicated.

thundergod

Posted: 31 May 19, 04:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey DeeDee,
Maybe it's time for YOU, down-under to come on
up-above.Maybe to San Diego, Palm Springs or
Los Angeles...you could use a vacation.. .:-)

flo90 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 04:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor:

Congratulations to you and Lee. We look forward to meeting you at your first book sign in whether it is in 7 months, before or after. We are in Southern California and will be able to drive to any location; my husband, son and I will be there... look forward to meeting you and thanking you in person for sharing your memories of Freddie with us.

I posted on this thread a long time ago and although I don't post at all, I truly appreciate all the updates.

Thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread.