Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 May 19, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you flo,
Your message is much appreciated.

Selkie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 04:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds good, thank you Thor!

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor & Lee - know what is awesome?? Having a crappy day and then remembering that THOR AND LEE GOT A PUBLISHER and doing a happy dance!!!

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 05:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor and Lee...really happy to hear you have so much control over the design part of the book. Sounds like it will be challenging, yet rewarding to be involved in that creative process.

Selkie...you can always order a signed copy, and then if the opportunity presents itself at a later date, go to a book signing event to say hi to Thor and Lee!

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lee and Thor, besides Southern Cal, you HAVE to have a book-signing in NYC, where it all began! Would you please consider hosting it when the weather is warm and school is out? That way, a visit to NYC can be part of a family vacation. I'd also look forward to an adults-only pub crawl in the West Village. I'll even buy you both the 1st round! How does that sound? QZ doesn't allow you to edit or delete so you can hold me to my word. It's INDELIBLE!

thundergod

Posted: 31 May 19, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh yes...New York is on the sooner than later list. I go there usually every March and July anyway.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor i've probably missed you commenting now because of the time zone but I am happy to see you back even for short while, I have missed you. I am so over the moon for you and Lee , I actually have butterfles. How exciting and wow you will both become celebrities....I wonder what Freddie would say? I bet he has a big big big smile on his face right now :)

Little Debbie is a little confused....do I donate to get a signed copy or do I wait for you to come to London .....I am assuming you will , you just have to lol. I don't really know how it all works.

If you come to London I will dress up as a doughnut or little debbie so that you know its me. Please don't call security ha ha

Take care

Katy hope everyone is ok following your news, I hate hearing about these awful events the us seems to suffer from time to time.

thundergod

Posted: 31 May 19, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut,
The fastest way to receive a signed copy of the book would be the GoFundMe site." freddiemercury-bk-w-50 unseen pic" The goal has been increased to $ 4000.00. You still have plenty of time.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you Thor :)

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut. Are you going to see Rocket Man?Have you gotten your dress yet? Where is Freddie Darling?I have been missing her sweet little posts today.

Posted: 31 May 19, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd,My whole town is underwater half the town had to evacuate.They are even talking about more rain.We have much more we will be trapped here.

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor- Busy and exciting times ahead- couldn't be happier for you and Lee. Bringing back to life those fond memories you shared must be very special and to share them with the rest of the world is beyond exciting for all here!!

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just an update on the Thor and Lee live; it's been sitting on 95% processing on YouTube for a little over an hour now, so no clue what time today it'll actually be up but it is going up today. Their voices can now be heard loud and clear. I'll add a link to the GoFundMe page and the latest update on their book in the description box. I usually keep commenting off on my videos because I don't have a ton of time to go through and monitor troll comments, but Thor, if yall want comments open, its totally up to you.

Be sure to subscribe to us on YouTube if you haven't already, so you can see it as soon as it drops tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSFNYhKP4zyiIljz19HFqbA

Deedree user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deedree
Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 31 May 19, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Thor - now how could I refuse an invitation like that lol I was actually in California in 2013 but it might be time for a trip back.. Saving for the Montreux trip in 2021 at the moment but I shall see what I can do x

thundergod

Posted: 31 May 19, 22:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DeeDee-
We hope to be in Montreux in September 2020 WITH our book.

Annie65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 01 Jun 19, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow....glad to see you again Thor and will check out the go fund me page.
Villiers2 thanks for the update....I’ll be checking out the live as soon as it’s up....I’m already subscribed. Great news all around folks!
Can’t wIt for the book!!!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 19, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, I'm excited to hear that you hope to be in Montreux. What a treat that will be for everyone.

Chevy, stay safe! That sounds scary.

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 19, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Thor What does the next 7 months entail? Is it edits and re-edits? I have no idea what a book takes. Good luck to you and Lee I thought it was just sent off for the time and sent back to you. Sorry Thor I wasn't aware it was such a big deal but I know Freddie is up there cheering you on because his time in New York with you and Lee was happy and he would want a happy book put out there about him. I think it's great! I can't wait to get my copy. I hope you stop in from time to time. You ever need anything we are all here for you.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 19, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor...between finishing the book, future book signings, and maybe even a trip to Montreux, it sounds like the next year and a half will be extremely busy for you guys! You mentioned before having arthritic knuckles...maybe you can just sign the books with your first name...kind of like Cher! LOL

Chevy...wow, half the town underwater...sounds frightening. Between flooding and tornadoes, so much bad weather all over. Hope everyone is okay, including the people in your neck of the woods, Katydyd.

I just returned from a great concert by a group called "Dallas String Quartet". They perform all over the country playing a wide range of classical and modern music. Loved the show, especially when they played Bohemian Rhapsody, which sounds great on the violin!

Will be going to see Marc Martel perform with the Boston Symphony Orchestra at Tanglewood in Massachusetts next month. Really looking forward to that show.

Posted: 01 Jun 19, 03:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I agree first name definitely.I would hate to sign my whole name I never liked my name much anyway.Its rare noone had it when I was a kid.As for the flooding I live in a small town and the one bar got swept down the river.The only thing saving us is I live on top of a mountain