Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 954 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

2 in 100 thousand shit I do need to stop sorry.

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

CHEVYMAN wrote:

Perk,They dont really know for sure they just said y gbs was more than likely caused by the fact I had a flu shot 3 weeks before my first onset symptom which was weakness and numbness in feet that moved up to my neck and went to my lungs I dont remember anything after that.I now have a chronic form of that disease called cidp.Its really rare you can Google it.Lupus is much easier to treat.

What is y gbs?

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 135 posts

Thor -thanks - many of my friends have had knee replacements- even my 91 year old neighbor- bless her sole- all doing great- you'll be ready to walk those NY streets in no time!!

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 02:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes that was way back then but still really good quality..Wow they sure were young just babies.Roger looks so much like a girl in those days.

Deedree user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deedree
Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 02:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor......amazing news that you might be at Montreux in 2020 with the book! Might have to move my travel plans forward now lol. Will shout you guys a drink at the bar wherever it may be ;-)

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Galileo1564 wrote:

dear Perk, go where I sent you, queenlive.ca. there are links to some professional photos of Freddie there from this Nashville concert.

Dreamer’s Ball and If You Can’t Beat Them are album tracks from Jazz. Easy to find on your streaming service and if you don’t have one I think every Queen album track is on youtube.

I have HEARD OF the songs just haven't really paid attention to them...I will find them on spotify as soon as I can get to my phone. I can't pull up the website you gave me at work...hence the boredom that is slowly killing me...lol if you link a pic to me that would be cool!

Queen tours more than anyone they have 35 concerts in 1978 and in 1980 they did 44 concerts....NO ONE does that many anymore....I think the most is like 20 geez another reason to love Freddie....along with the millions of others.

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 02:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN wrote:

2 in 100 thousand shit I do need to stop sorry.

I was gonna say um...that's not that rare....

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 03:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN wrote:

Perk,They dont really know for sure they just said y gbs was more than likely caused by the fact I had a flu shot 3 weeks before my first onset symptom which was weakness and numbness in feet that moved up to my neck and went to my lungs I dont remember anything after that.I now have a chronic form of that disease called cidp.Its really rare you can Google it.Lupus is much easier to treat.

What is y bs in the first line?

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 03:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN wrote:

Yes that was way back then but still really good quality..Wow they sure were young just babies.Roger looks so much like a girl in those days.

good quality? seriously? and yes babies the funniest is Deaky in the pink vest....he looks like he just came from a wedding.

That's "GOOD QUALITY" what is bad quality? Are you talking about my links or the pics that Galileo talks about? Those are good quality....really?

Galileo1564 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk—The problem is that GBS is also associated with the flu itself, as well as with the vaccine. I say “associated with” because I don’t know if a causal connection has been proven.

The images are all at gettyimages.ca, and I’m guessing that work won’t let you link to websites from other countries. I guess you’ll have to wait until you get home.

Also check out the Live Killers version of Dreamer’s Ball. I really like that one.

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Deedree wrote:

Thor......amazing news that you might be at Montreux in 2020 with the book! Might have to move my travel plans forward now lol. Will shout you guys a drink at the bar wherever it may be ;-)

WELCOME! we are a big dysfunctional famly....Thor is basically the most patient person I've ever seen.....for him to do this forum for as long as he has....wow.....welcome to our fun...on the OLDEST coded site that exists lol.....

Don't be scared and Thor apparently has a ton of stuff to do on the book I am completely ignorant of the publishing process.....I thought you write it find a publisher and voila! I was apparently very very wrong!

I wanna take bets as to how long it will take before Lee's pics are leaked? I hate that about the internet....nothing is sacred....though I'm happy too....because I love me some Freddie....

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 03:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This link is why i HATE living in the South USA

how stupid....this paper doesn't exist anymore for obvious reasons

http://www.nashvilleretrospect.com/2015_07.png

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 03:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Galileo1564 wrote:

Perk—The problem is that GBS is also associated with the flu itself, as well as with the vaccine. I say “associated with” because I don’t know if a causal connection has been proven.

The images are all at gettyimages.ca, and I’m guessing that work won’t let you link to websites from other countries. I guess you’ll have to wait until you get home.

Also check out the Live Killers version of Dreamer’s Ball. I really like that one.

What is GBS????

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 03:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/photo-of-queen-and-freddie-mercury-freddie-mercury-performing-on-picture-id91152337?s=2048x2048

There you go Perk. Let me know if this works. (Although I’m running off now.)

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 03:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guillain-Barre Syndrome. What Chevy sadly has.

Catus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 69 posts

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 04:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Villiers, bravo, what a great conversation with Thor and Lee! I have enjoyed it so much, the pace, the tone, the choice of topics - everything felt so great and emotional. Loved the visuals too, I can imagine how much time and effort it took to put them all together.
And Thor and Lee, it was so wonderful to see you both! Your stories are so amazing, and I am looking forward to seeing your book published!

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 111 posts

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 05:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, Villiers, brava! Thank you, thank you for your hard work GRATIS on the IG live. Lee and Thor, it was great to see/hear you both. Lee, you are suave and debonair. You’ve got swag. Thor, I like your L dimple. I bet your facial expressions drew smiles from dying pediatric oncology patients and brightened their days in the hospital. I bet the parents adored you, too. IF you guys host a NYC book-signing, Lee, would you be prepared to belt out showtunes for us @ Marie’s? Do you take requests ahead of time, to allow you time to rehearse? Thor, have you seen “Rocketman” yet? Do you believe the movie accurately portrayed what you referred to as Elton John’s “blue period” as relayed to you by Freddie or was it underplayed in the movie?

It's a testament to you both that the thread is approaching 300 (OMG) pages!

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 657 posts

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor I have just one question but think it may have been lost in all of Perks posts lol. Will you try to visit the UK on your tour ?

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 489 posts

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Catus, it's nice to see you again! I hope you can stick around.

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes cactus nice to here from you.