Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

mariah carey user not visiting Queenzone.com
mariah carey
Bohemian: 172 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jun 19, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello. What are your thoughts on the drama with Brian on Instagram today? He blocked a lot of people who were disagreeing with his opinion on BoRhap

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 954 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 19, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mariah, I asked for others opinions I would like to know yours there is no drama here and there isn't gonna be either.But I would be interested in knowing your opinion since you took the time to drop a few lines today .

Posted: 15 Jun 19, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry that looks rude I would like to know what you think I'm the only one here that was talking about it.Noone else really cares it's old news .But it's a shame he had to block people I hate insta I rarely ever post there But I did see his lovely pics of zanzibar and his opinion on the film.

mariah carey

Posted: 15 Jun 19, 22:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't worry, you weren't rude at all :) I'm kind of confilcted about all of this - Brian has been pretty rude to the people commenting under his posts today, also he blocked a lot of people, even if they voiced their opinions politely. On the other hand I understand him that it must be really annoying to see people always complaining about the movie and blaming him for everything that was wrong with it

Posted: 15 Jun 19, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mariah,I get the whole thing they wanted to portray a pg rated film but they totally didnt do his character or the characters that played his companions and yes I'm talking about Jim justice.This is a old can of worms but damn they made it look like he was sad all the time and lonely.We had to watch him play musical lamps with Mary I don"t think he was at home playing with lamps at all.They made him out to be sad about being gay and from what I see they are nuts he was very happy with himself.Would he have been better off with Mary no absolutely not .Why they wanted to create a bisexual image of a man that wasnt i will never know.At least he knew he liked men it's much harder the other way around from what I can tell you from experience.I think the only unhappiness he probably experienced is when he was being dishonest to Mary and his parents possibly.I dont totally blame Brian but he could handle his fans a little nicer he put that movie out there it wasnt correct he knew what conflict it would cause.So in that respect dont run just face the music answer honestly why you did it and move on.

Posted: 15 Jun 19, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One more thing my little sweet Roger had nothing to do with this hatefulness on insta so .

mariah carey

Posted: 15 Jun 19, 23:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, it's like they were afraid to show him as a confident gay man, which he was. Those scenes with Mary and lamps were unnecessary and a bit ridiculous - instead they could have shown Jim more and how they met in real life. I just don't know if we really can blame that on Brian.

Posted: 16 Jun 19, 00:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I know I dont think it was entirely him either.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 522 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 19, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A very happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there!

Dougie 4 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 19, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May needs to just accept the fact that there are people who don't like the movie...and as a powerful public figure he has to be mature enough to move on with his life instead of making a fool of himself on Instagram.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 522 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 19, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seems to me that Brian is well aware there are people out there who did not like Bohemian Rhapsody...I doubt he believed his recent Instagram posts about the film were going to sway anyone’s opinion. Agree or disagree with Brian, he has the right to express his point of view on his own Instagram page. Polite disagreement with him is one thing, but I don’t think there is any requirement that a celebrity must put up with negative/hostile Instagram posts any more than less famous people who block and delete followers using the same justification. It is not a matter of being close-minded, but the need to carve out a little peace of mind and calmness. There are enough negatives in life we can’t control…Makes sense to eliminate those we can.

Posted: 16 Jun 19, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dougie, Brian is a very intelligent guy and he knows not everybody is gonna agree on the movie but he is so involved on social media he is bound to get nailed with questions.He might be tired of answering the same things.His opinion and the way it was portrayed has not changed he has given fans the same answer over and over.I don't agree as many others but I would like to know how many of these fans taking time to question him paid to watch this movie they didn"t agree with 2 and 3 times.That makes no sense to me.If i were him i would take a break from social media it's been nothing but an attack on innocent people.Maybe when he returns things can be more civil.By the way i love the pics he and his wife took on their trip he could've went anywhere in the world and he chose to go see his friends childhood birthplace.

Posted: 16 Jun 19, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I agree on that we all don't necessarily agree on the biopic but there is a way to address Brian just like you would anyone with respect.There have been so many unkind things said Brian believes it portrayed the way they wanted .He knew it wouldn't be popular with everyone.It makes sense to delete or block hateful fans I looked back through some comments and there was some name calling I believe on some fans part.That's not acceptable.

Rainbow, I agree on that we all don't necessarily agree on the biopic but there is a way to address Brian just like you would anyone with respect.There have been so many unkind things said Brian believes it portrayed the way they wanted .He knew it wouldn't be popular with everyone.It makes sense to delete or block hateful fans I looked back through some comments and there was some name calling I believe on some fans part.That's not acceptable.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 657 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 19, 10:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no worries chevyman as I don't feel bad lol. I was laughing to myself when I was saying I couldn't remember how to spell the username (which I still can't remember how to spell )

Brian as the right to block and remove people , I haven't read all the comments so I have no idea what's been going on . My feelings on the subject are that he is a public figure and an adult and therefore in a position where he can set a good example. He should certainly block people that are being rude and offensive to him but he should also bear in mind people will comment on his page which he has made public. I have seen him react badly to innocent comments and that is what upsets me.

In life people have a right to dislike something, we don't all have the same opinions, you have to take the rough with the smooth. I feel it is perfectly valid for people to air their disappointment just as people air their delight. It is understandable he hasn't reacted well to criticism , no one likes to be criticised , but come on he doesn't live in a perfect world and so he should be prepared for it.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 489 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 19, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I'm a little late with this but I agree with your sentiments 100%.

Posted: 17 Jun 19, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

so when someone asked a perfectly polite and reasonable question about the film , it was ok for Brian to go off on a rant which in turn caused other people to rant creating a situation which it shouldn't have.

. That is the behaviour I dislike and the fact that he is famous doesn't excuse him. If he wants to avoid this type of situation then Id suggest he avoids the topic as he clearly laps up the good but not the bad.

Posted: 17 Jun 19, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Got some good view points on the subject matter at hand Brian thinks he is right.He is proud of his movie and he want to talk about it.Well he needs to understand not everybody is gonna jump on his train.They like him as a person and artist but the movie was a poor betrayal of his bandmate brother and friend.That is what happens when you pass and someone else makes your decisions on your behalf.What amazes me is his best friend read the script and she approved it.She claimed to accept him and know him and confide in each other so she should know this script wasn't correct and could"ve spoke up .Someone should've spoke up but didn"t.I don"t care how much power Jim Beach has he is a man and puts his pants on just like any other man.

Posted: 17 Jun 19, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chevyman my issue isn't to do with the film but more Brians behaviour when asked a simple, polite question. I understand he is probably sick to death of the comments regarding the film and it touches a nerve but I don't like to see him snap at people when it isn't justified.

I amy be wrong but I am not sure that Mary had much to do with the film.