Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 940 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 01:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blenkolove,
I need four dental implants for five teeth four of which were nearly falling out (lower fronts).

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 01:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Correction: I meant five implants not four.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 01:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ouch!! That's expensive!! I was just kidding...but implants are an amazing replacement for natural teeth!!!!!

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 02:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, the expense would cut off too much of my retirement savings.

Obsidian Willow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 02:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Question for Thor and Lee--

Do either of you know if Freddie ever continued with visual art once he got famous? He designed the Queen crest, but that seems to be it. I saw a youtube video a while back about a museum exhibit about Queen's early years, and the curator was saying something about how he designed/sewed some of his early stage costumes. I know that was (probably) before you guys knew him, but is there any truth to the rumors?

Obsidian Willow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And for a part 2 to my question...

Speaking of Youtube videos, are you aware of the Garden Lodge tapes? If so, what are your opinions on them? Personally, I think it's nice to see Freddie in candid unguarded moments, but some of them were a bit too private to be shared.

LOTV user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 234 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thundergod wrote:

A challenge does not have to be nasty and belittling. The occasional curse word is fine...but not directed toward another. TIT for TAT
blow-up arguments with all the previous quotes is a pain to read and exhausting. I believe it was LOTV and Dustin who went through
3 or 4 pages of nasty comment throwing on the old site. ONCE AGAIN...please use the PM function to argue on and on. Really nobody
wants to read it in the way it is presented on this thread.

Don't believe I've engaged with The Spokesman before but I take the point. Moving on.

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought I would share with you all what I just read in Phoebe's first book that
"One of the things he hated most was being called Fred."
Although he introduced himself to me as Fred to pretend to be an average kind of guy, that was limited to
one time on Sept. 21 1980. From then on, it was always Freddie.

Interesting to note for some here who do refer to Freddie as Fred.

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let me try to answer all the legitimate questions that some of you have asked between turmoil of the word-fight. It may take a little while.

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello LOTV,
I appreciate your apology for insulting me with the word "prissy"
Also, the old verbal fight between you, Dustin and one other can be reviewed somewhere around pg.82 of the old site.
I also think I remember a long verbal fight somewhere around pg 45. I have not verified that one yet, but my point
was made about wasted space with every quote over and over again. Quotes are great but readers can remember
what was said by either backing up a page or just on their own memory. Using one quote if any would be much
better for all readers. My experience shows that a large number of quoted thoughts, usually indicates a verbal fight.
I hope we can agree on this.

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The above needs also to be said to Sponge Caves. Please try to limit the number of previous quotes in your present
reply. People probably do not care to read all the quotes over and over and over. Too tedious.

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 22:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOTV,
Regarding how I was able to "perform" with girls in High School, you have to remember that this was 1967 to 1972. Sex among young straight boys
and girls was discouraged and would cause problems in the families involved. I remember a 16yo boy from one of my classes who got a 15yo girl
pregnant. They were ridiculed inside the school's boundaries and at home, even worse. The girl was forced to leave the school and the boy was
forced to go, I believe, to finish his last two years in a Catholic school by his parents. Little did they know about what went on in some Catholic
Schools and Churches.
So, basically all I needed to do was make out with the girl in a friend's basement, parents out of the house, with the lights turned off. As I got older
you were expected to cop a few feels of their breasts and longer French kissing sessions. None of my girlfriends ever reached for my crotch, so I
had it made in the shade. A girl from 2017 would find this limit unthinkable. In the 60's most girls wanted love before sex and probably are on the pill
at an earlier and earlier age every decade.

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 22:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOTV,
Favorite performances where I was in attendance would have to include my mind-exploding first concert in Philadelphia,
and of course the Wembley "Magic" performance where the group was as outstanding as the Live Aid performance, which I did not attend.

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 23:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOTV, no one is interesting in communicating with Stop TM. He proved himself to be argumentative, homophobic and very nasty.
Please read his first couple of introductory statements if you haven't yet. END of subject. Feel free to PM him with my blessings.

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOTV,
In regard to Freddie"s sports history, as I have said, he never discussed his past with us and never talked about sports.
If he was Boxing in school, it probably was mandatory that you pick SOME sport back then. Also, maybe he got a thrill
out of hitting someone, in a controlled setting, even if he lost.

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Fairy King,
Thanks for your acknowledgement as to how it was in the past. Much appreciation friend!

Villiers user not visiting Queenzone.com
Villiers
Bohemian: 237 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 23:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, it sounds like you had a much easier time than Freddie did when it came to women. He tried for years to date them and did have sex with them but cried in the middle of it with his girlfriend Rose (before Mary) saying he needed a man. He wanted to be bisexual, but as a bisexual myself, I can assure you none of us NEED both genders. If I'm with a man, I don't need a woman and if I'm with a woman, I don't need a man. I certainly don't stop in the middle of the fun to cry about it, either. She left him and he moved on to Mary. And according to her, she noticed a difference in their sex life around 75 and put it together. She had to confront him twice about it. The first time, he told her he thought he was bisexual and she suggested he was gay considering their sex life had changed and had he been bisexual, he would have no problem with being with her physically. They stayed together for a while and she was forced to have that conversation with him again. She said in a radio interview that he came up to her in the kitchen and was trying desperately to say something but coukdnt get the words out so she asked him 'Are you trying to tell me you're gay?', and he smiled and sat down in relief. The poor guy couldn't even get the words out. I feel for him, because I too wanted to be something I wasn't at one point. I tried for years to be straight. Then I tried for 2 years to be a lesbian. In both situations I was wildly uncomfortable and depressed. I'm convinced that had I not come out about being bisexual, I wouldn't be here today. The depression was too much.

Freddie didn't come out to the public, but even Brian May has mentioned how much happier he seemed once he started living as a gay man in his private life.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 23:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor you May have been joking when you told LOTV to PM that Madness guy but for the sake of ending trolling here, I have to believe it's a better option to not stir the pot with that person. If we want him to stop commenting here, private messaging him after he stopped responding on the thread may result in him returning.

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 23:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello Invisible Woman,
If somebody says that Freddie hated cats and the people who knew him say that isn't true, who would you believe. The same should
go for Freddie's sexuality. If one wasn't with him for a large portion of his life like Peter Freestone and to a lesser degree Lee and myself,
why doubt first hand knowledge. And if it's not important to any individual, we would suggest one might try trusting us- We are not fake
biographers who never knew Freddie. We CAN claim to know a lot about Freddies personality, his generosity and his kindness to his
friends and what we don't know can be found in Peter Freestone's book(s). He was truthful, not trying to make Freddie gay, he just was.
No conspiracy that I've noted.

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 23:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Sqiuirrelly,
I was just kidding, but LOTV himself said he cannot let a smear of his character go .I suggested an alternate method, but let
him know clearly that most of us don't want to read the nitty gritty of a NASTY argument.