Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 940 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

P.S.
The new book will have many of the photos from the original slide show that Freddie requested us to bring to our farewell in London, in June of 1981.
It is no wonder that he loved this show so much that he requested it for our good-bye to him. No sadness, no regrets, just great memories of fun as
just one of the normal boys in our group of friends. AND, laughter, and more laughter so close to the end. God bless Lee's lighted fruit hat. There
is a GREAT picture of it coming soon to a bookstore near you...LOL

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 186 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 21:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Thor and Lee,

Well this has been an amazing ride....so grateful for all your time and energy over these months. I will enjoy rereading many of these posts and I am beyond EXCITED about your forthcoming book. I was keeping my fingers crossed you guys would attempt this project...So glad it is happening!

There is nothing I would enjoy more than getting in line at a bookstore someday, walking up to the table where you guys are sitting, and handing you your book that I just purchased saying "Hi, It's Rainbow 61... would you please sign this for me?" Okay...I most definitely would want to sneak in a big hug as well. :)

Best wishes to you both and a fond farewell!

SmokyQuartz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 177 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wonderful news about the book, Thor and Lee! I would like to pre-order now, lol. Seriously, I will be looking out for it and will be buying it.

I will be sad to see this thread close, but understand that change happens. It's crossed my mind that there may be some other medium online for talking as a group that will exclude trolls and haters....and where you can pop in when you feel like it, without any pressure to answer every question...but I personally don't know of what that could be. Just a thought though.

For now, so long...I may send a pm in the New Year to wish you both well and cheer you along with the book!

Best wishes for a great New Year celebration!

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow61, SmokyQuartz,
You are definitely TWO of the friends for PMs that I mentioned, both for myself and Lee.
HaHa...is there such a thing as a NO HATER forum...I think not...LOL

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 57 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor and Lee, thanks so much for the time and openness you shared here. It has been so much fun and I am grateful I found this thread when I did. I'm so excited about the book and I will definitely be buying a copy. It sounds like it is exactly the format I hoped it would be.

SmokyQuartz, as far as another medium online that could be exclusive, I know you can form invite only groups on FaceBook. I am in two, both political. I don't know how to create a closed group, and I don't know how many people here are on FB, but it might be worth thinking about. Hmmmmm though..........I don't know how we'd even locate each other because I use my real name on FB and only created Katydyd for QZ. I'd be open to any thoughts.

While I am disappointed to see this group end, I do understand. It has become my first stop when I am online, and I'm grateful for the friends I"ve made here.

Thor and Lee, you will be missed.

captainjory user not visiting Queenzone.com
captainjory
Bohemian: 174 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good luck with the book guys! Like others, I'm sad that you're going, but as a writer myself, I know you have to kind of isolate yourself from social media a bit to get things done. It takes dedication and willpower to complete something like that. I hope my stuff is written by the time of the biopic too (it's kind of Freddie related as well!)

Don't be surprised if I message you sometimes though! I'm a really nosy person so I'd want to know how everything's going!

captainjory

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was gonna say a private Facebook group would be a good idea too. I run a few, so if anyone needs advice making one...
Also you'd have full control to boot haters out

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

captainjory and Katydyd,
You both are another two I'd love to hear from every once in a while via PM for now, in order to stay in touch!
Thanks for all of your well wishes and kindness. Kindness is something Freddie really appreciated! I only wish
I could introduce you to him today.

Villiers user not visiting Queenzone.com
Villiers
Bohemian: 237 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So sad to see you guys go! I hope I'm on the list for PMs because I've still got questions and you know I love your answers! All the very best, Thor and Lee. We love ya!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 57 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL, I have a list of questions I was keeping so that I didn't overwhelm all at once. I got most of them in, but was working up to one in particular. I will miss these guys, but I know a book must take an enormous amount of time, so go for it. I hope you are feeling excitement over this new project and getting a small taste of how well it will be received.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank You Both for Every Detail and Every Story!!
This Has Been Amazing!! And I'm so thankful I accidentally found it!!!
BEST OF LUCK W/THE BOOK!! I'M CERTAIN IT WILL BE AN IMMEDIATE HIT!!! AND I CAN'T WAIT TO OWN IT!!! HAPPIEST OF NEW YEAR'S TO YOU BOTH!...
Thor I sent u a pm

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A HUGE SHOUT-OUT TO ALL THE FABULOUS CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS THREAD!!! MOST OF YOU ALL MADE THIS REALLY FUN AND EXCITING
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL XO

SmokyQuartz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 177 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Thor! I appreciate being able to pm you guys, that's an honour! Once in a while, if I have something useful to say, or ask, lol.

Katydyd5, yes closed groups are possible, I run one atm, like Captainjory, there are for's and against's....and I'm no expert, but might be worth a discussion if Thor or Lee ever wanted to look into it in the future.

(something I am wondering is whether we can just send a group pm to each other, if we want to include others in questions, etc, but I'll shut up now)

Captainjory, you too?! I'm not a writer, but have a first draft of a book I'm working on....maybe I'll use the same deadline for mine, I like knowing others are working at the same time. (I should be writing now, lol)

captainjory

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are some Facebook groups where people wanting to join must answer a security question...so if it ever came to it, there could be a way we could identify ourselves to the admin. Lol jumping way ahead here, when they haven't even made it!

But yeah I'm a writer too and I'm meant to be editing the final draft...but...here I am...

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blenkolove, Villiers
Two more PM guests and you are totally invited.

For those with more questions...I'd love to hear them but please, only one question at a time...I have to write a book. LOL

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

captainjory...if you would bless us with editing, that would be GREAT!

Villier's, if you can represent us in court, just in case, that would be GREAT too...LOL

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 22:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For anyone who was interested in the movie "Call Me by Your Name," RUN do not walk to see this movie. Oh my God, it is so well acted
and directed. It has some 'Brokeback Mountain' bisexual kind of stuff, which was not in my life experience, but that might interest some of
the people that wish Freddie was bi and think it is SO easy to go back and forth.

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only difference - Freddie was real life and this was a fictional movie.

Villiers user not visiting Queenzone.com
Villiers
Bohemian: 237 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 23:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol I got your back, Thor

noorie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 696 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 23:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor and Lee, I guess all good things must come to an end, but there is a lovely book for us to look forward to. Thank you for your time, patience, kindness and inclusion on the 2 threads. It is incredible that you have made time in your busy lives to answer our incessant questions. It's been a privilege!