Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 02:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"a musician named Fred" fascinates me. I know I could find this info in several books, and Thor probably covered it in the first thread, but I got to that thread late. Could you recount the story of how you met? Who was he with in the bar? Did he call himself Fred and tell you he was a musician? I've read that he often found a dark corner to sit in so he could survey the scene and then send his friends out to meet people he might be interested in and then bring them back to him. Did that happen with you?

I appreciate that both of you are willing to share your lives with all of us. It's really been fun to see Freddie through your eyes.

Stop The Madness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 02:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good I'm glad this thread is finally happening. I watched the Thor pages for months and I was disgusted. I'm hoping this one will be better. The man I looked up to wasn't a gay. He could not have been a gay man. Lee what kind of women did Freddie go for? Did you see him get women? I think everyone lied about him not going for girls and I think they probably just burned the photo proof to keep the gay story going for fans. Peter Freestone was with him all the time and still says that a man that talented and that handsome wasn't interested in women. I know he's your friend but I think he's a liar too.

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 167 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 02:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was bummed to see the old one ended but this new one is great. It probably was a better idea to start a new thread entirely. I joined in around page 40 and even I never finished reading the whole thing. Is it cool to ask questions that's have already been brought up in the other post? To get Lee's views on stuff that is

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 02:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Stop The Madness

Try to remember that opossum isnt brain food.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 991 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 02:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course Dustin Zimmerman. I will be glad to repeat stories from the old thread and Lee will too.

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 02:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well MADNESS...you sure live up to your name. So let's STOP it right now. If it is too difficult for you to even imagine that Freddie
would not be attracted to your private parts...keep hating, maybe someone will listen to you or better yet...go away.

Lee Kathleen Nolan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 02:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Stop the Madness.
Thanks for your input....NOT

STOP THE FUCKING MADNESS. Freddie left the last 12 plus years of his life as a gay man. G....A......Y........GAY man.....homosexual.....liked men for sex........didn't like pretending he wasn't. You don't belong here if you can't speak in intelligent sentences.

I pity your mentality.

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 02:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well THOR. I'm a man so that's not an issue. Im a man who loves women and you're telling me my idol was a gay. Are you saying that because it's true or because you WANT it to be true? He was too talented and too handsome to stick to just men.

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 02:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't respect a gay man. If Freddie was a gay I'm no longer a fan. So fine he was gay. Anyone want to buy my queen records? I don't want gay shit in my house.

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 03:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

S the M, Even worse that you are a man. Because YOU love women sexually does not mean anyone does or should. Lee and I were only his friends for 11 years
but you think you know him better. Sad

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 03:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bye,bye now!

Villiers user not visiting Queenzone.com
Villiers
Bohemian: 237 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 03:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As a fellow member of the LGBT community, let me just say: fuck off, STM. I'm not straight and I managed to become a lawyer. Thor isn't straight and he saved lives. Freddie was gay and he changed the face of music. We aren't beneath you.

You're a sad little man in desperate need of some therapy.

Piss off- you won't be missed.

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 03:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

be gone Stop The Madness.

Be gone before someone drops a house on YOU!

There, I just sent something a little gay to your house

See ya

Wouldn't wanna be ya

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You go Villier's

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 03:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

correction:" because you love women sexually, it does not mean that everyone does or should"

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 03:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stop The Madness, this next question is for you. Hope you like it.

Lee Peter talked about Freddie's type of man. Cab driver type lol. Thor told us he helped Freddie bag a guy he had his eye for a while. Did you guys all help him out in that department? I have a buddy who FREEZES in front of people he likes. He totally shuts down and it took myself and my other friend John to introduce him to the person he ended up staying with for 6 years. Was Freddie that way? Did he approach men himself or was he too shy? There always seemed to be two Freddies. The larger than life legend and then there was the shy guy that kept his eyes down. I'm guessing he was outgoing on stage and in groups of people he felt comfortable with but perhaps was more reserved in the company of those he didn't know too well

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 03:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think a lot of Gay men have two sides as you just described. Sometimes they are right out there going after who they want, and sometimes their shyness takes over and their friends help. Thor, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember two kinds of hookups with which we helped Freddiie. On occasion it might be "hey my friend likes you but is very shy". My friends did that for me,on occasion, and shy I'm not....... and there was the situation where we would say "I have a special person who thinks you're hot. Come say ' HI' ". That's how I remember it anyway. I could be wrong in that memory, but I think when it came to that Freddie was a normal Gay man...........they see what they like, but rejection ALWAYS sucks.

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 03:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Dustin,
I think you are right on on everything you just said. Freddie the gregarious showman and friend but very shy about meeting strangers.
I think he was made fun of when he was a child (probably due to his teeth)...buckie is a horrible nickname for anyone while growing up.
By the way, most of the time when out together, I noticed this and would try to introduce him to people. He never asked me to.

Villiers user not visiting Queenzone.com
Villiers
Bohemian: 237 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 03:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Funny you guys say that, because it's something I noticed as well. Jim Hutton was approached by Freddie pretty boldly (lol) while Peter also told stories of Freddie asking Joe or Paul to approach men for him. Then again, he also said for weeks after Freddie first met Jim, he asked Joe to run into certain bars and see if Jim was there. Lol my friends and I do the same. I asked my friends to check to see if someone I had my eye on was a regular at her bar for a few weeks. I dated her for a year. She was bat sh*t nuts, but it was a fun year LOL.

Thor, I'm glad you guys were around to introduce him to people. I think you're right that he was bullied at school, and although it may have given him some tough skin, it's never easy to get rejected or laughed at. Seeing as he still covered his teeth with his hands when he laughed up until he died, I think it's something that was still always in the back of his mind.

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 03:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor good point. I'm sure being picked on at school followed him into adulthood. He seemed to have a sense of humor about it in certain situations but deep down it was probably something that still bothered him a little. His teeth that is.

Lee that's great that you guys got together to help each other our like that.

Reminds me of the first time my older brother tried to hook me up with someone from school. He told me he would play it cool. He walked up to this girl, pointed at me, said something, then she made a face and walked away.

I asked him what he said to her and he replied "I told her you were shy but you wanted to ask her....baby, did you fart? Because you blew me away."

I sure hope you guys had better pick ups lines for Freddie and his men lol