Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

SinkingIsland user not visiting Queenzone.com
SinkingIsland
Rocker: 28 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Noooo! (“Last day”)

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 991 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As I said SinkingIsland, I've got a BOOK to write!...LOL

Tonya user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 05:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Think I’ve got the hang of it now! This ought to be extremely useful on the last day.

Have fun in the warm weather- much better than these cold temps I’m in right now.

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 05:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Tonya, feel free to catch up with the progress of the book by PM, or if you prefer, I'll give you my email address after you PM me.
Sorry, you were late to the banquet but you can read both threads to catch up at your own pace. Thanks for your support. All the best
in the New Year Tonya!

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Geez, did we just create 5 new pages today. Amazing. Thank you all.

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 05:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lee said he would bid you all a proper goodbye I am driving tomorrow, so if you don't hear from him tonight,
you will in the morning

SinkingIsland

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 05:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It’s probably about time for you to get some rest if you’re getting up early to drive. (I am 2 hours ahead of you and 6 behind England.) I look forward to hearing from Lee. Be safe in your travels, Thor.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 193 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A very Happy New Year to everyone! I hope 2018 brings you great joy. Thank you for your spirited conversation and thoughtful questions. I've enjoyed this time with you immensely and love the idea of regrouping after the book for further discussion and sharing. Until the next time.... Peace!

Lee Kathleen Nolan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 05:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG. What a wonderful collection of well wishes and salutations. Thor and I are blessed to have your support. If we are half as successful with our book as the threads have been, I will be thrilled. Happy New Year to all, and I will look forward to the PM’s. I agree with all of Thor’s thoughts, compliments, and ideas as presented. I’m so glad we had this time together, just to have a laugh or ........wait.......sorry......I have this thing for Carol Burnett......oops.....sorry.......just watched her Special. God Bless and be in touch. Hugs!!!!!

Catus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy New Year everyone! Peace, love, and happiness to all of you! I hope we'll stay in touch.

Safe travels, Thor, have a great time with Lee and others.

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 05:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To ALL a Happy New Year and to all a Goodnight!
This is not goodbye, it's an evolution and we are so lucky to have the 94% along for the ride.
Bless You All! You've made this thread WORK!

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As Freddie would say, "Well darling...there you have it!"

Lee Kathleen Nolan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 387 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just want to say that it was interesting to read these two threads.

I wish you a lot of success with the book. Listen as much of Queen music while you write a book.:)

I wish a Happy New Year for all Queenzone members.:)

c.jory user not visiting Queenzone.com
c.jory
Bohemian: 178 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thundergod wrote:

Thank you captainjory on both Lee's and my behalf. What an asset that would be to our efforts.

Anybody here in publishing?...lol

Well, I've only tried self-publishing myself, because I like full control. It does work, you can make money from it, which surprised me.

I have a few friends who went to "real" publishers. Not only did they have to do all their own painstaking editing over and over, AND their own publicity, they were badly ripped off.

All they earned from it was a publisher's advance, around £200 and the rest of the earnings went straight into the pocket of the publisher, despite them reaching the top of the Amazon charts. So you have to watch out for that. Maybe contact others who have written Queen books and probe them to see what they earned from theirs.

I've only used Amazon KDP for Kindle and Createspace for paperbacks. It's a faff lining up the margins etc but the product is good enough quality.

c.jory user not visiting Queenzone.com
c.jory
Bohemian: 178 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SmokyQuartz wrote:

Have sent you a pm Thor.

Captainjory, I'll be interested to read your writing too, if ever it's available :-)

I'll message you about it. I would post the links publicly but some freaky homophobic 'fans' got wind of it recently and tried to badmouth it...without ever reading it.
Pfft. This fandom!

SmokyQuartz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 191 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry to hear that CJ. People always bad mouth what they find a threat. I'll check my pm's later as I am just dashing out. Thanks for sharing with me :-)

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy New Year to all!! May 2018 hold blessings for all of you.

I'm so glad Thor said this is not a goodbye but rather an evolution. What a perfect thing to say...........obviously from the mind of a writer. ; ) Who could have imagined this when the thread first began? I'm so glad I stopped lurking and started to participate. Thanks for the many great questions and discussions. It's been a pleasure to find people who will let me talk Freddie and Queen as much as I want to. Thanks especially to those who have become email friends.

If you are in the US, stay warm!!

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why can't we all just start our own thread....and keep hanging out......it could be like..."For the Love of Freddie"???.......it was just so Wonderful talking about Freddie w/other Freddie Lovers n Admirers!!! My husband and family are sick of me talking about Freddie.....and once the movie and book hit....there will be SO MUCH MORE TO DISCUSS N REMINESCE ABOUT!!! .....We are like a virtual Freddie Family!!! I don't want to loose you guys!!

SinkingIsland

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey! That’s a good idea about speaking to someone about publishing. You two should talk to Phoebe!!