Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Stop The Madness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 33 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jim Beach approved it via Freeatone. Peter talked about it at the convention in America.

Stop The Madness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 33 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nobody said they had to ask Freestone. He just listed the people who all approved of the book. You mentioned Beach and he listed him as one of the guys supporting it. Brian and Freestone too because they are behind it as well. There's no point in being nasty. Trust me it gets you nowhere. I was once like you. You don't need to be disrespectful to the guys if you disagree with them Runner. You can state your difference of opinion and walk away. I'm not sure why you're still here stirring the pot if you've already made your point. Seems pretty childish.

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Squirrelly no but you and I have spoken before privately. I know you knew Brian tho if I'm remembering correctly.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2381 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stop The Madness wrote:

Jim Beach approved it via Freeatone. Peter talked about it at the convention in America.


Sure JB is using Freestone as his spokesperson. How pathetic can you get guys? After reading you guys only in this section I have to assume that you are on this guy's payroll and do some promotion. Kudos to you but you fail miserably. Call me back when you sue em for the lost money. Freddie would have sued the shit out of anyone who tried to publish a book like that .......

Stop The Madness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 33 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

M'k. "Vis Freestone" means Freestone was the one to report back about Beach's response not that he was the one to bring it to Beach. Brian May told Beach. I'm sure you know since you read this thread that 2 of the members here know Brian personally. I know you're upset but it's plain not as bad as you're really trying to make it out to be. Not every person in his life was out to do the worst. I can tell you that you sounded a lot like me when I first started on this thread. You have a real problem with the gay people in his life and really love Mary Austin when if we're being honest she did the same thing. That's probably what they're talking about when they assume you hate gays. Mary didn't write a book but she got paid to do tons of interviews where she discussed the change in their sex life and so on. She is not without sin either. If she was a clean as all that she wouldn't have done any interviews and wouldn't have said anything about their life together. You can't claim the gays are wrong for their books whole Mary was right for doing paid interviews and magazine spreads about the man. I can't speak for anyone else here but I won't be responding to you anymore. It's just time to move on Runner. I've been in your shoes man it's not going to get you anywhere attacking this thread. You're just going to be shut out by everyone.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2381 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TOns of interviews?????? I remember Mry doing 3 (!!!) lil interviews in 27 years. And there must be a reason why she threw Phobe and the rest out of the house soon after Freddie passed away.....She was nothing but respectful. She could have EASILY written a book about her Freddie story. She wasnt even involved in the movie. So stop you mad arguments that lead to nowhere

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 19:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Freddie would have loved to sued the shit out of anyone who published a book like that" How long did you know Freddie personally, runner?

I guess I'm just wondering why (if Freddie would have been so pro-lawsuit over this book) he didn't sue anyone else who made books about him while he was alive? Plenty were out there. I've seen a few Queen books signed by him and the boys sold through Julien's auction house a few years back. He knew they existed.

If he was so quick to sue, hell....why didn't he sue the one guy we all know for a fact screwed him over- Paul Prenter? Are you SURE he "would have sued" these guys for making a book with photos he himself loved showing people? A book that will not include dirty secrets or rude remarks? Seems highly unlikely to me. But since you're so sure of Freddie's wishes, I'd be really interested to know how long you knew Freddie personally and how you met him.


It's one thing to have an opposing opinion but it's another to speak for someone else as a fact.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well said Villers2. Anyone seen all the movie trailers so far? I'd be interested to know what Thor thinks about them. I think there's 2 or 3 out now? I didn't think Rami could pull it off but I have to admit I do get Freddie vibes off of him in some scenes. The young man playing Brian is the most shocking. He could be Brian's flesh and blood they're so similar!

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2381 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villiers2 wrote:

"Freddie would have loved to sued the shit out of anyone who published a book like that" How long did you know Freddie personally, runner?

I guess I'm just wondering why (if Freddie would have been so pro-lawsuit over this book) he didn't sue anyone else who made books about him while he was alive? Plenty were out there. I've seen a few Queen books signed by him and the boys sold through Julien's auction house a few years back. He knew they existed.

If he was so quick to sue, hell....why didn't he sue the one guy we all know for a fact screwed him over- Paul Prenter? Are you SURE he "would have sued" these guys for making a book with photos he himself loved showing people? A book that will not include dirty secrets or rude remarks? Seems highly unlikely to me. But since you're so sure of Freddie's wishes, I'd be really interested to know how long you knew Freddie personally and how you met him.


It's one thing to have an opposing opinion but it's another to speak for someone else as a fact.


You missed the irony then. Those guys claim "Freddie would have loved it...." as Brian said Freddie would have loved AL. Bullcrap. And show me the biographies about Freddie in his lifetime???99% of the Queen/Freddie books were released after his death. I know my Queen history my friend. As far as Prenter goes: He went to the tabloids and did a kiss and tell all story. Too late to sue as it is already out. Before you embarrass yourself even more just stay silent TY: Still waiting for the reason that a book of PRIVATE photos has any other reason than making a quick buck out of a dead guy....

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You smugly say you know your Queen history but dont know about the list of Queen books out well before Freddie died? Here's a list:
An Official Biography plus Their Recent U.S Royal Tour
Larry Pryce, 1976.
Queen
George Tremlett, 1976.
An Illustrated Biography
Judith Davis, 1981.
Queen 'Greatest Pix'
Jacques Lowe, 1981. Photo collection
Guttons for Punishment - The South America Tours Photo Book 1981
Queen 'The First 12 Years'
The First Ten Years
Mike West, 1982.
Revised and republished as 'The First Twelve Years' in 1984.
Queen 'The New Visual Documentary' A Visual Documentary
Ken Dean, 1986.


I dont think I will take your advice to sit down and stay quiet because it seems you're the one embarrassing yourself here. As a lawyer I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that he had every right to sue after Paul sold the story. How does one sue BEFORE the defamation of character ever takes place? That....makes....no sense whatsoever.


I'm still waiting to hear how you met freddie and how long you knew him for. See, when Brian or Thor or....idk even....Tim Curry say "Freddie would _____" it carries weight because...um...they KNEW him in real life.



So again.....when did you met him and how long did you know him? You're slipping fast.

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LMAO WAIT did you just claim it was "too late" for Freddie to sue Paul after the story was sold? You don't even have a BASIC understanding of lawsuits do you? You're going on and on about people making themselves look bad and you're sitting here eating paste! LOL this is all gold!

The fucking irony of this guy! There were books on top of books about Queen before he died! Maybe you were too busy playing your ABBA record for the umpteenth to notice. Put your Glambert cds away and pick up a Queen book. Educate yourself.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hahaha! I know I was all a bout ignoring him this is too much! You know all about queen but dont know books were out on them when Freddie was alive?! You think it was too late for him to sue Prenter once he sold the story? Honey how do you think people sue other people? You sue someone WHEN THEY DO SOMETHING WRONG. Meaning: you sue them AFTER the bad thing occurs.








You're really painting yourself into a corner here and it's got the be the funniest stuff I've seen online in a while! Take a page form your own book and sit down hahaha

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thundergod wrote:

Hey Smoky,
Thanks for your never ending support of our project. AND...thank you for mentioning Robby! We had a few great hours together this past Thursday while I was once again visiting New York for my niece's 30th birthday. This dude at 21 has started his own band and tours the entire US. He laid-out his plans for the future and I definitely see a rising star in the making. He respects all styles of music (and even, as I learned, Broadway show tunes). We went to the first bar in New York that I worked for at 17 years old. It's a piano/sing- along bar in an historic building where Thomas Paine wrote the "Crisis Papers" called Marie's Crisis on Grove St. in the West Village. It still looked the same as it did 45 years ago. Robby and I had a blast! He struck me as a serious, yet humorous young man with maturity way beyond his years. Freddie would have loved him.


Right on - loved reading this.

Stick to the good, and toss the bad. This forum has virtually no moderation, so the trolls are rampant. Do not take them seriously or let any of their meaningless drivel live rent-free in your head.



Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.



http://www.queenlive.ca
runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2381 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villiers2 wrote:

You smugly say you know your Queen history but dont know about the list of Queen books out well before Freddie died? Here's a list:
An Official Biography plus Their Recent U.S Royal Tour
Larry Pryce, 1976.
Queen
George Tremlett, 1976.
An Illustrated Biography
Judith Davis, 1981.
Queen 'Greatest Pix'
Jacques Lowe, 1981. Photo collection
Guttons for Punishment - The South America Tours Photo Book 1981
Queen 'The First 12 Years'
The First Ten Years
Mike West, 1982.
Revised and republished as 'The First Twelve Years' in 1984.
Queen 'The New Visual Documentary' A Visual Documentary
Ken Dean, 1986.


I dont think I will take your advice to sit down and stay quiet because it seems you're the one embarrassing yourself here. As a lawyer I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that he had every right to sue after Paul sold the story. How does one sue BEFORE the defamation of character ever takes place? That....makes....no sense whatsoever.


I'm still waiting to hear how you met freddie and how long you knew him for. See, when Brian or Thor or....idk even....Tim Curry say "Freddie would _____" it carries weight because...um...they KNEW him in real life.



So again.....when did you met him and how long did you know him? You're slipping fast.




How embarrassing can you get? Almost all those books were official QPL Products. After Freddies Death the Market was flooded with Biographies of socalled "inner circle" people. Then came Hutton and Freestones books.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

She shut you down bad runner. How embarrassing can YOU get? She said queen books existed before he died. Tou said they didnt. She gave you a list of them and they years they were realised. All before freddie died. She proved you wrong. which wasnt hard to do. You still havent answered her question! When did you meet Freddie and for how long?? She just made a you into boo boo the fool hahaha

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2381 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So much for Prenter: He surely must have been an ass but most of his story was true (Freddie's friends dying from AIDS etc). It was just being illoyal. Same with this book advertised by you. Still waiting for an explanation why a book with private pix is worth a release. Especially when there are tons of books around. And why you lot never post in other qz sections???i mean it is clear you have no clue about Queen and Freddie but nonetheless

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2381 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 21:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Squirrelly One wrote:

She shut you down bad runner. How embarrassing can YOU get? She said queen books existed before he died. Tou said they didnt. She gave you a list of them and they years they were realised. All before freddie died. She proved you wrong. which wasnt hard to do. You still havent answered her question! When did you meet Freddie and for how long?? She just made a you into boo boo the fool hahaha


I said 99%of Queen and FREDDIE Books were released after his Death. Which is true. Most of the books you mentioned are tourbooks (Gluttons/Magic etc) which document a tour. A FREDDIE ONLY book was not available. Especially no kiss and tell book. The books released on Queen and especially Freddie after 1991 are in the hundreds. Stop embarrassing yourself with your non existant Queen knowledge

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 21:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm...it would seem as though Mr.Runner has no answer for my question and doesn't like the fact that he was wrong about yet another topic. This was fun. Thanks! Lol

So let's summarize. Runner got upset and got rude about this book being made then tried to claim this whole thing is a money scam based on nothing but his own assumptions. In reality, both Thor and the site GoFundMe itself have a legal guarantee to return all donations to those who made them if the book does not come to be. With all of Runner's knowledge of the legal system I wonder if he knows what legal action can be taken against him for making the claim that this whole thing is a money based scam? I bet he didn't think about that before 'running' off the mouth. Maybe don't attempt to make false legal claims against a protected party who have done nothing wrong. But back to the summary- our friend Runner then claims to know for a fact that Freddie would have sued Thor and Lee for this book of photos that Freddie himself loved to show people. Hmm. Odd, seeing as he didn't sue any of the other books with info and previously unseen photos that were realised before he died. He didnt even sue Paul Prenter when he genuinely sold him out. According to Runner's vast legal know-how, you can't sue someone once they've done something illegal or wrong. As a lawyer and a woman with common sense, I can assure you...that's not the case. But anyway, once shown that books did exist while Freddie was still alive, poor Runner dodged my question for the 3rd time (How long did you know Freddie peronally since you're able to speak for him?) and has now resorted to...well, I'm not sure what this is. All he's doing now is repeating things other people have told him and acting as if he came up with the zingers himself. So Runner, I'll just be sitting back watching your responses from now on and not engaging. Screenshots of your claims about this whole thing being a money scam have been taken and I'd like to see what can be done about them legally if Thor or Lee so choose.

Best

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 21:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tty again runner. SHE told you that freddie knew about queen books being released and signed. YOU claimed they didn't exist. Now you're claiming theu dont count because they werent made about just freddie alone. You really did fail majorly here. Do your ankles hurt from all that backpedaling?

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From here on out, I would advise those of you thinking of engaging with Runner to avoid it. I've sent Thor a message and will contact Lee to let them know they have a right to take legal action if they want to. This isn't my field (family law) but I'd be happy to recommend them to someone who is looking to do a pro bono case before the end of the year. Take care all.