Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1673 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 23:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stop The Madness wrote:

And I'll dedicate it to you runner. "This donation is for my pal Runner so just couldn't stop talking about this project!"

Lol i admit that was a good one. Kudos to you

Stop The Madness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 33 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Then why not just simply say "I dont agree with the book because i dont like Freddie's friends talking about their friendhip with him"? Why claim (without reason) that they are stealing money and insult their character? One does not equal the other. It's a massive and ridiculous jump to make. What's so private about a friendship? What's wrong with 2 dudes talking about the fun times they shared with their friend? It's not wrong, plain and simple. They arent talking about private affairs or sex. They're talking about JOKES and adventures they SHARED. That's not illegal or in poor taste. What is, is claiming they're up to scamming people out of money and have ill intentions against a man you dont know and never will.

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 23:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So how about this- we agree to disagree and you move on. You are never going to like what they're doing and they're never going to stop doing it. You dont have to like all things freddie related. You've made your point (the way you see it) literally over 50 times here already. Can you agree that there is now no longer a reason for you to continue on instigating and replying to people who simply choose to like something different than yourself?

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20771 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 01:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stop The Madness wrote:

So how about this- we agree to disagree and you move on.

Because forum trolls don't do that. It's not in the job description.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
SmokyQuartz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 192 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 01:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This book is already happening...that process has already been set in motion and there's no stopping it now. The book is written, the word is out.....it's only a matter of time. That Thor and Lee have not actively focussed on it's promotion says a lot about their intention, which is first and foremost to honor their friend and share that happy time with us. They could step up this campaign any time but I'm guessing they know that it will naturally promote itself. The public at large have not got wind of this yet.... runner_70 your frequent posting here is keeping the thread alive and bringing more publicity to this book, so you are helping to manifest something you say you don't agree with and are not excited about. Keep up the good work.

Thor, you are welcome, it's a project worth supporting. I will check out Robby's pages too.

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TRW what can I say lol I tried. But hey they're right. The more he comments here the more focus it brings to this thread so hey Thor and Lee still come out on top on the end either way.

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 05:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yup coming out on top by selling pix from their dead friend who cannot defend himself anymore. Really classy.
Ask yourself one question: would Freddie have published These PRIVATE PIX of his PRIVATE INTIMATE Life commercially? And there you have the answer. Disrespectful illoyal and rude to cash in on your deceased friend. I hope the money they make with this will be donated to Charity. But I havent heard that so far. So it is a quick cash grab. Sad again. A real Queenfan stays away from those shameful products. I will leave it with that now and hope that the Publishers out there have more respect for Freddie then his self proclaimed friends and will reject this Project . Thanks for listening.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 05:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK....as Freddie used to say "It's time to pull rank....

runner_07 : You are completely wrong about everything.

Thanks for your nasty comment on GoFundMe. It was removed immediately and GoFundMe is waiting for you to show your ugly head again. They would just love to ban you completely should you write a second time. They said they do not take lightly your kind of behavior on ANY of their accounts..

You FOOL. I received a message from GFM that since they are "not a bank" they cannot hold on to the money over 30 days or you lose any contact with future donors. It was removed in whole and placed in a separate account I started that has NONE of my money, but all of the GoFundMe donations to the penny - the fee they charge. They have my credit card number and could sue me if the book falls through and I don't immediately return each donor's exact money (which means I must pay the percentage that THEY take for handling the site. I think it is about 10% . If donations reach $2000.00, that means I must be prepared to add $200.00 to pay everyone back in full.

Would you STOP saying illoyal - .it is not a word. Disloyal is the correct one!

Lastly, and then I'll be glad to forget you, Freddie loved all of our adventures and encouraged Lee to take pictures (in those days- slides). Lee had prepared a slide show set to music. Freddie loved it and requested it three times in New York.('82 and '83) It made Freddie as happy as a lark. As a matter of fact, Freddie asked Lee to please bring it to London for our last visit at the Garden Lodge in June of 1991, five months before his death. Lee and I were the only friends invited at that late stage of his life.

So, fool, if you want to see sex pictures with Freddie and deathbed photographs, you WON'T see it in this book. Freddie never had YOU as a friend...But he had us and he loved our friendship, very much.

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have no doubt that he liked those pix. I STRONGLY doubt he would have liked them to be seen by Joe Public let alone released commercially. He was very protective of his private life and he would surely be disgusted that his so called friends exploit their friendship to make pix meant to be private commercially available. That is the definition of being disloyal. Thanx for teaching me the right word. And calling the book "Dont stop us now" is the icing on the cake. A tabloid Headline of bad taste regarding the high possibility that without the NYC years he might still be alive....

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, I'm sorry you had to jump in on this, but in a way, grateful that you did. Your explanation is clear and shows you to be the gentleman we all know you are. I am happy Freddie had you as friends because he could be himself with you. I am eager to read the book and continue my strong support.

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did not want to comment here anymore. But to say that noone was invited over to Freddie in his last months is a blatant lie. Diana Mosely came over so did Elton John and his best friend Dave Clark. His sister as well. And especially his bandmates. All those never felt the need to publish unseen Photos of their friend. So stop playing the Saints card. Those NYC times might have been fun but it was the beginning of the end for Freddie sadly....so you better stop acting as if you were Mother Theresa or Freddies only friend. There were far more important pple than the NYC guys in his life i assume

kokax user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@runner_70 , each to their own !
There's are people in the post- Queen ( without FM & JD) generation who seem to be "creepily obsessed" ( I quote the "lawyer" from some pages ago) with a cartoonish FM and hence they will forgive any privacy concerns as they need to sniff around everywhere to satisfy their fantasies. He's dead, so what ? These over obsessed guys weren't alive and/or not interested during Queen's prime time , so anything is fine to them . Distort stuff, manipulate, insult, shout at people , everything is fine in the quest for more private info on FM.
Best of lunatic obsessions are seen below and keep in mind these are the kind of people some of whom you deal with in this thread :

"I attended law school and was late to the same class. Every. Day. But ya girl passed, and is now closing in on my first full year as a lawyer. QM Fact #3: Nobody at my firm knows I run a meme page for a band I'm obsessed with, nor do they know I was forever late for classes and I sincerely hope they never fucking find this page. k bye.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf2u3tCltDs/?taken-by=queen_memes.kl

" Cracking up because while I was cleaning out the kitty litter, I realized Brian and Roger were there for some filming and what if they all just casually sat around sipping tea while Freddie got it on with a man 20 feet in front of them I'm crying"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkLAZk0BQeQ/?taken-by=queen_memes.kl

[.. this is from a lawyer ??? :):) :)LOL ]

" Freddie and Jim: a love story. I'm reading Mercury and Me again and it seriously cracks me up that freddie would get into a mood and snap at Jim and tell him to leave and the second Jim would leave the room freddie would be like: ???????????? "come back zaddy, I love you"

Something tells me he really enjoys being ridden.
DID I JUST SAY THAT
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjW1qLjhuk1/?taken-by=queen_memes.kl

I fucking fell asleep at 430 in the afternoon when I got home and knocked out until 11 and the dreams I had, my guy? The dreams were SO fucked up, I'm concerned about my subconscious fr fr ?? and yo i checked my phone and I realized I text people in my sleep. The texts dont make any sense. One letter responses or like a ?? and I have zero memory of sending them jesus
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmPuyzpl6-L/?taken-by=queen_memes.kl

Yes, I did take the time to Photoshop the actors into the band and yes I do hate myself and yes, I will get a life soon, I promise.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Be9TG35lCqB/?taken-by=queen_memes.kl

I know not all of you can make a donation, but for those of you who can, keep in mind that this book is being made to share 50 never before seen photos of Freddie and stories we truly have never heard before and it's being made by people who Freddie loved and trusted. It's worth considering and any donation amount is appreciated. Thor has promised all donations over $50 will receive a SIGNED copy of the book when it is released and if the book does not get printed for whatever reason, all donations will be refunded. So it's a win-win!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl6ob-RA1sx/?taken-by=queen_memes.kl
---------------------------------------------

-Even the Queen Fan Club's administration came in on Facebook when the "family lawyers"' buddy posted the link to this weird petition ( a petition for a book about the private life of a dead rock star next to human rights , environmental petitions ?????????) and explained among others, that certainly many fans would have privacy concerns.
" I know fans want to know the ins and outs of their lives , but there's never a right ...to profess to know how they lived, loved or laughed. How would any of you feel if your whole life was discussed on social media ..by people who never even met you ?"

Hey Villiers : do you usually make deals with the photographers' agencies or the photographers' directly when you use their work on your instagram page ? As a lawyer you certainly are aware of copyright infringement, right ? It's quite funny btw how little knowledge you have about privacy concerns as you stated you are a family lawyer.

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 13:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You assume (again) that they weren't that important to Freddie (a man you refuse to admit you NEVER KNEW yet still feel the need to SPEAK FOR) but your fool ass hasn't put together that FREDDIE MERCURY wanted them out there in 1991 so badly that he asked them to be there. From America to England. I'm sorry DID HE ASK YOU TO COME VISIT HIM FROM DIPSHIT CITY? no? I'm SHOCKED! You two seemed so close, runner!! You have made a complete dipshit out of yourself over and over on this thread and the absolute beauty of it is that every time you comment back, you push this thread RIGHT back up to the top and give it even MORE attention! Thanks for helping to book out so much, runni.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh Kokax, I'm flattered that you're so intrested in my life that you spent all that time drooling over my meme page and my previous threads but you seem to have missed one major thing: the meme page is and always has been run by more than one person. All the quotes you seem to think were all me are in fact, multiple people. Still, I'm totally flattered you're that into my page that you'd go back months behind and copy all our descriptions. That's not lame at all. And to answer your burning question about the memes and what, copyright? Lol no, it's not illegal. Sorry to disappoint youn I know you really wanted to hang me for that one. I'm not sure what your problem is with me but don't start. You're not going to get any further responses, cowboy.

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kokax thanks for the info. I knew sth was wrong with her but i surely did not expect that. Some disgusting pix and Comments on instagram from her. You are spot on with those obsessed Freaks not caring about privacy at all. Very weird and disturbing people it seems

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Photos in me-mes fall under fair use unless they are being used to profit financially or to sell a brand. I don't know her page but unless she's using them to sell shirts or paintings or goods some kind then she's home free. You making a big profit off of those me-mes villers?

So anyone who wants to see previously unsee photos of the Merc having a good time is creepily obsessed? Well blow me I'm a straight man in my 30s and I guess I've gone full obsessed with the man. I'll inform my wife.

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who is the merc? Holy Batman what is wrong with you guys

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kokax thought the same. Being a Family lawyer and having no problems with any privacy concerns is pretty strange. I wonder what she tells her clients? Maybe publish a book about your ex wife lol. Strange obsessed folks indeed

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh shit the thread is poppin again lol. I wonder if that'll get the guys closer to their goal any faster. To whoever was asking about the movie yesterday apparently in some theaters they are now playing a full 6 minute trailer with supposedly never before seen parts. If it's true then I'd be shocked. I worked at a theater in my teens and unless things have changed they usually play the trailers for a few weeks and then stop playing trailers all together for each film a couple of weeks before the movie comes out. I had a feeling it was too late for a whole new trailer to be playing in the theater but who knows. If they give any more clips away we're not going to have anything new to watch during the movie itself.

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Keep it coming runner! Any attention is good attention when trying to get the word out about the project. Thanks for helping the fight every time you comment. We appreciate you.