Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh yeah Villiers you're just the worst lol. The absolute woy-st! Ain't she just a right stinker

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes indeed. I, Villiers, must agree that Villiers is just awful. Also, she's tacky. Can't stand tacky people who dare to joke online. Let me just say, I hope Villiers gets her act together because I, Villiers, am so over her.

Stop The Madness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 33 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dustin I went to see The Nun at an AMC about two weeks ago and they didn't play any trailer for Bo Rhap. I was under the impression that they play the trailers up until the day before it gets released. I've certainly never seen a 6 minute clip anywhere.

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh yeah I agree villers is terrible. The baddest of the bad. The naughtiest of the naughty. How do you sleep at night villers you animal?

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't worked in a theater since around 05 but typically at least for the company I worked for they were given 1 to 3 different trailers and given dates to play each one and a date to stop playing all of them all together. They usually stopped playing them about 6 weeks before the movie came out. We were either told to pack up and ship the film for the trailers back to the studios or toss them out. Some guys clipped off frames of the film and kept them. I never saw much point in it. Now I think it's all digital. Flash drives instead of actual film.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They are releasing new mini clips of it on the movie's official social media pages so if someone really did see a 6 minute trailer with new scenes it might it have just been that? I saw that there was an exhibition for the movie in Spain I think last week. Plenty of photos from the filming and their costumes all up on display. Although I think it was only for the press.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That could be it. The exhibit ran for a full weekend, I think. I saw someone mention they cast a 'little Freddie' as a young boy of 9 to 12 so some people think we're getting a flashback or something back to St. Peter's boarding school as well.

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My friend told me theres going to be a red carpet event in New York too. I know the cast and the band minus John of course is going to the London premiere idk about NY. I'm wondering of John's kids will be attending. One of his kids has a YouTube channel and someone posted his trailer reaction videos a while back. He seemed really excited to see it

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's a YouTube personality?

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't looked at his YouTube very closely but I did see the video of him reviewing one of the trailers. I'm not sure what his YouTube is all about though. He might be an artist or something.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1714 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BTW, Elton John, Dave Clark did not NEED invitations. I said we were the only friends INVITED. It is well documented that Peter Straker and his crowd, as well as others were not allowed in to the Garden Lodge in the last months. Freddie trusted my medical/nursing knowledge and asked me to help him with certain physical procedures that June. It was my pleasure to help make him more comfortable at this time.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2381 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thundergod wrote:

BTW, Elton John, Dave Clark did not NEED invitations. I said we were the only friends INVITED. It is well documented that Peter Straker and his crowd, as well as others were not allowed in to the Garden Lodge in the last months. Freddie trusted my medical/nursing knowledge and asked me to help him with certain physical procedures that June. It was my pleasure to help make him more comfortable at this time.

You forgot the "I can Walk on water too" Part......

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, dont feed them. It's what they're hoping for. The same guy who was asking you questions about Freddie's personal life last year is now calling other people obsessed and is stalking their social media pages. Ironic. The other guy is just after your reaction. Drown them out. Don't give them any attention. They'll be buying the book along with everyone else. Regardless of what they say.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John Deacon's son, Cam, does have a YouTube channel and has reviewed the trailers. He's cute because he gets so excited!

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor you're better than they are. Brush it off. As you said the real fans know the truth. Nobody is stressing over these guys.

@Dustin I watched the review by John's son. He seems charming! He looked thrilled to see his dad on screen. I wonder if the kids of the band members watch old clips of the live shows and think the same as we do: damn that's cool lol

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 yes I just saw the clip of him reviewing it. He's got John's lovely smile. He seems young, too. I didn't realize how many kids John had until recently. I believe his last one was born sometime in the mid 90's.

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

5 or 6 kids, I think. John was *ahem* busy over the years lol.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2381 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh those Queen Experts again. Why dont you contribute in other threads and share yiur wisdom. I guess the only Queen record you own is Greatest Hits

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah! Some people have gotten to view a 30 minute screening of the film last month supposedly. I have to assume that's a sort of giant trailer then. All positive reviews from what I've seen. I hear the London premiere is sold out. Something about a Wembley show? Are they wheeling out a giant IMAX screen to put in the area or what?

Posted: 02 Oct 18, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah screenings are usually rough cuts of scenes that they piece together to give people an idea of what the feel of the movie is. They usually still have time to edit or remove scenes if the screening review points to it. As for Wembley, I don't know. I did hear about the premier having something to do with Wembley but I have no idea how that would work screen wise. I can guess that it's like any other giant arena used for concerts and sports events. Thise places can change pretty drastically if needed for whatever. Unless it's not in wembley itself but something adjacent to it. I didn't listen that closely when it was mentioned on the radio. This isn't the same building that was there during Live Aid, right?