Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1720 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Viliiers2,
I love when you participate here. You have great knowledge about most of the stories fact and fiction!
Please keep it up. You are very valuable to this site!
Your friends, Thor and Lee

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 04:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lmao there's this girl who obsesses over a relationship Freddie and Barbara never had. She's spent thousands of dollars buying unreleased photos (at public events where they had to kiss for the cameras or hold hands) and she claims it's "solid proof they were lovers. Freddie's friends just wanted him to be as gay as they were. He had to hide his women." When you explain the timeline to her and prove they never had a sexual relationship, she blocks you and rants about how nasty his gay friends were. Shame on you Thor, nasty boy lmao. She's even gone after Peter claiming he didn't live with Freddie and didn't know Freddie's love for the female body.

His intense desire for Barbara's tonka truck bod must be why he left her entirely out of the will and denied having sex with her. He was mad with lust.

Dense!

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aw, thanks Thor.

thundergod

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 04:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, Viliers2,
I must say that in keeping with our renewed policy to keep this a fun and truthful site. We should not body-shame,
or we're no better than Donald Trump. But, I get what you were saying, I just don't want any of the good people
here, even if they are heavy-set, not to shy away. I just lost 7 lbs, to my doctor's delight, but that was over a year,'
and in my mind, that is not good enough. I need to lose about 40 more.
Hey Villiers2, I did not mean to scold you...just keep you out of trouble, just as any friend would.

thundergod

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 04:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry.."to shy away"

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 04:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No no, you're right lol. I knew it was naughty when I typed it out! Whoops

thundergod

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 04:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are forgiven, my friend. :)

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 04:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

;)

thundergod

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello AO5, I liked your reply. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 05:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did I see you mention Freddie flying out a friend of yours from Arizona or Texas? Did Freddie spend much time in the south then? I'm picturing BBQs for some reason. Forgive me but I was also shocked to read earlier in your thread that Freddie went out on a date with a man before anything happened between them. I haven't read as much as some others obviously have but I had the feeling most of his nights involved finding a man and rarely getting to know them if you know what I mean. It's nice to hear he did give some guys a chance to get to know him.

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 05:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry if you have answered this already but when you stayed over at Freddie's where did you stay? Did he put you guys up at a hotel or invite you to stay at the house? I understand there is an adjoining property next to his main house but I'm not sure if he owned it back then?

thundergod

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 06:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Charlies boy,
In New York, we didn't stay overnight at Freddie's. We all lived in Manhattan and even that snowstorm I mentioned stopped and then, Lee and I had a fun time playing in the snow close to my apartment on Christopher St., the Mecca of the gay world in the 70's and the 80's. In the book, you will see the snow-bench carved out that Lee and I posed for a picture.

In London, Freddie had built a guest quarter that was called "The Mews" based on an old British notion of turning previously built horse stables into rooms. Of course, Freddie built them into luxurious suites with a giant Jacuzzi smack in the middle. You will also see a picture of that.

A05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

>>There I go on another rant after I told myself I wouldn't anymore (nobody caaaaares) lmao sorry!

Villiers2, it is not a rant, it is a piece of valuable observation going into detail. Thank you.
I was trying to say that of course, while Mary is a bit puzzled about "why am I given this large role now" and Jim is humble and Barbara obnoxious and David Miins extremely honest in a manly way, can we actually say that ANY of these people áre Freddie´s "Love of his life"? I think this is to remain mystery...

And thank you for mentioning about Brian's wanting Mary to be "Love of Freddie's Life". I haven't noticed it before.

In Freddie's "Time" interview with Dave Clark in the beginning they exchange niceties and Dave Clark says something like "A girlfriend of mine in Germany..." and then Freddie goes "She is a girlfriend of mine too. We share".
There will always be people who do not get the humour of it and will go "Freddie loves his threesome with Dave Clark ".

Thor, thank you, this is really appreciated.

thundergod

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Charlies boy-
I realized that I missed your other question, so here it goes.
Freddy flew my date from Houston in order to cheer me up one weekend when I was feeling a bit down. That happened the day before the snow party at Freddie's house. The second time was a date I found, in Phoenix, working as a bartender in a gay bar, However, this arrangement was for Freddie. As it turned out, Freddie's date from San Francisco turned up after a spat with Freddie. Therefore, I was left with the job of entertaining this hot guy - a very easy task. I took him off his job as a bartender (with the manager's permission). This was the end of our day trip to Phoenix and then back to Los Angeles. Freddie allowed him to come on board the Lisa Marie private jet (leased for the American portion of the Queen '82 tour) and reimbursed me for his return home ticket the next day which I did not even ask for. Generosity and fun - that was so Freddie...

thundergod

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank YOU AO5 for joining our discussion.

Blackvy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 269 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thundergod wrote:

Hey Charlies boy,
In New York, we didn't stay overnight at Freddie's. We all lived in Manhattan and even that snowstorm I mentioned stopped and then, Lee and I had a fun time playing in the snow close to my apartment on Christopher St., the Mecca of the gay world in the 70's and the 80's. In the book, you will see the snow-bench carved out that Lee and I posed for a picture.

In London, Freddie had built a guest quarter that was called "The Mews" based on an old British notion of turning previously built horse stables into rooms. Of course, Freddie built them into luxurious suites with a giant Jacuzzi smack in the middle. You will also see a picture of that.

I can't wait to see those pictures Thor!. Any idea when will the book be released?

c.jory user not visiting Queenzone.com
c.jory
Bohemian: 187 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 20:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A05 wrote:

In Freddie's "Time" interview with Dave Clark in the beginning they exchange niceties and Dave Clark says something like "A girlfriend of mine in Germany..." and then Freddie goes "She is a girlfriend of mine too. We share".
There will always be people who do not get the humour of it and will go "Freddie loves his threesome with Dave Clark ".

^ the above! I saw that video and as a logical person, I know Freddie's just mucking around but out there, you know there are people screaming with joy at that about "bisexual proof" and waving bi flags around hehe

c.jory user not visiting Queenzone.com
c.jory
Bohemian: 187 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh and to Thor...yes LAJ is still around lying. In the week the film was released in the UK, she did the rounds in the press, claiming he was addicted to women.
Addicted.
TO WOMEN.
Alrighty then Lesley. If ya say so. It wouldn't be so bad if people didn't believe it. Some areas of social media are once again at war over Freddie's sexuality so I've chosen to stay away.
I know I've said it before, but can't wait for the book. It will be nice to see him having the good times that weren't portrayed in BR. Gay men in that were just draped about like furniture with no dialogue.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 559 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Thor,

Did you, Lee, Freddie, and the guys ever talk about vacationing together? Maybe jetting down to the Caribbean or going to Rome or Paris or some other fabulous spot? I imagine schedule-wise, that would have been quite a challenge.

On a completely unrelated note, did Freddie ever send you a card or call on your birthday once he left NYC? Did you guys contact him on his birthday after he moved away? Just out of curiosity, how do you usually celebrate your birthday, or Lee's, these days? I love birthdays....do not get why people don't want to have them...the alternative is not good!

thundergod

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 21:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow blackvy,

I only wish I knew the answer as to when the book will be available.
Yesterday I sent a few "update" messages to remind these publishers that we are still here. They take so long. They claim that they are swamped with material and answer them in order of when it was received. Please be patient with the final date. Lee and I have had to be.