Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 00:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Anniebee for correcting my error with the Barcelona video. Don't know how that happened but Somebody to Love is a beauty in its own right!

Lee Kathleen Nolan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 170 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 00:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey All.
Just watched an interview with Rami talking about the funny moments while making the film. Seeing that it has been viewed like 3.4 million time, i’m sure a lot of you have seen it. He’s quite charming.
I have a fun idea. I don’t know what everyone will think about this, but it has been mentioned a few times, that not everyone who reads this joins in with the conversation. I would love love love it and I know Thor would as well, if all of those people would just say...”HI”. Nothing else if you are intimated about talking just ...”HI”.
Personally I’m a little shy...Thor, quiet... and it takes be a moment to get comfortable with things. Not sure I would do it, but you PLEASE DO!!!

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 02:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Lee,

GREAT idea...will be fun to see how many respond. I have always assumed there are a lot of "behind the scenes" fans who enjoy the conversations but are not comfortable joining in.

I have watched numerous interviews with Rami. Lovely man. He is very modest, articulate, and has the utmost respect for Freddie the man and performer. He caught a bit of flak a while back after being asked during an interview if he thought Freddie was a gay icon. He answered that he was an icon. Perfect answer...am glad he didn't take the easy way out and give the expected answer. He didn't want to limit Freddie's iconic status. Freddie is an icon for many people and groups...gay, straight, men, women, Parsee, British, shy people, cat lovers, musicians etc. etc. etc. Rami knows that and wanted his answer to reflect that greater truth. He wasn't being disrespectful and he certainly was not denying Freddie was gay.

SweetestSpring user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thought I’d be the first to say ‘Hi’ bit of a lurker, enjoy reading all the topics, but have never posted. Huge Queen fan, but even bigger Freddie fan. Hope to talk to you all here soon, you seem like great people. :)

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 573 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi

I'm a semi-lurker. :-)

Never sure what to ask as I don't want to throw questions at you that you've had lots of times before.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with our lovely Freddie :-)

Fmakne user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone!
I'm definitely a lurker!
I've been reading this thread for more than a year now, but somehow I never found the courage to join in and ask some questions myself. The funny thing is that I was thinking about it yesterday, so I came here with the idea of introducing myself and I found Lee's last post! Well, I guess it was time, so here it is!

My name's Elena, I'm 28 years old and I'm from Italy. I'm a passionate lover of everything that has to do with music. I've been a Queen fan since I can remember, but in the last two years this passion has reached new heights and I found myself completely fascinated by Freddie and, let's be honest, a little bit obsessed, too ;) The more I read about him, the more this little obsession of mine grows and I must say that a lot of it has to do with the amazing memories and stories Thor and Lee are kindly sharing with us. So, thank you, thank you for keeping his memory alive! I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to have the possibility to talk to you two and to all the great people in this thread.

So much for a quick introduction, I'm afraid I talked your ears off!

Lots of love to you all!

P.S. I hope you feel better soon, Lee!

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A big welcome to SweetestSpring, FreddieDarling, and Fmakne. Nice to meet you!

queenbuzz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wanted to say "HI" from the mostly boring state of Pennsylvania near Amish country (no I am NOT Amish) I grew up in NJ as a fan of Queen . Lee I love your stories about NJ BTW. I can totally relate! I grew up outside of the city.
I am mostly a lurker, I spent HOURS reading through old posts and have asked a few silly questions. Thank you to Thor and Lee for your time!

LoganMews user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LoganMews user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Lee, Hi Thor - can't wait to read the book!!!

love2spin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a "lurker" too, but I LOVE reading all the posts. Thank you Thor and Lee for sharing your experiences with all Freddie's fans. LIVE NATION just announced Q AL north American "Rhapsody Tour" for summer 2019!!!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 518 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, welcome to all the newbies/lurkers. I read QZ for a long time, but had to create an account when Thor and Lee came on board so I could participate. Queenbuzz, I was born in PA, and love the state. However, I lived in NJ for a long time, and graduated from Parsippany High School. Anywhere near you? Later graduated from Rowan. Now living in Ohio, and just saw that Queen+ will bring their tour to Columbus. Hmmmm…………..checking ticket prices.

thundergod

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 16:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome, welcome, SweetestSpring, Fmakne, LoganMews and love2spin,(Welcome back FreddieDarling and queenbuzz).

This new program of encouraging formerly unknown, non-commenters - but readers none the less, to say hello is just wonderful! Great idea Lee.

To those who have a question or a comment that has been covered and buried somewhere else in these 200+ pages of the two threads, please DON'T hesitate to ask. A good story is worth repeating.

There are many, many great people on this thread worth meeting, if only by a comment or two. You are ALL welcome to join in or just continue to read at your own leisure. Lee and I, as well as many other Freddie/Queen fans, love to hear from you.

thundergod

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BTW Katydyd,
My neice, on my brother's side (who now works and lives just outside of Philadelphia with her husband and two lovely children) is a Rowan
graduate too! She loved that school, it got her away, but not too far away from her home in Nutley, N.J.

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 140 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome everybody! Greetings from Germany! Here´s our new national anthem ("We´re dancing the polka becausew e love Germany")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8HOPQGxfj4

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Thor and Lee!

I know you mentioned his LA trip before, but did he ever visit West Hollywood (where I live haha)?

What did he think about LA?

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 518 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Thor, I lived in North Jersey at the time and Rowan was just far enough away that I had to live on campus. It was just what I needed at the time. Gotta spread those wings. My brother lives and works in a suburb of Philly now. Small world, eh?

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy- You're lucky Freddie didn't buy New Jersey while you were there! haha

thundergod

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome Sweettenderhooligan!

That was a hilarious response!. But, Freddie sold New Jersey back when Bill Reid stopped pestering him AND, of course, when he learned that New Jersey could not have a Queen.

queenbuzz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 18, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome Sweettenderhooligan!

Just a side question since you lived in Northern NJ...Did you ever go to Action Park before it closed? LOL If you know what I am talking about.