Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Villiers user not visiting Queenzone.com
Villiers
Bohemian: 237 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol Dustin I think Thor was just trying to keep the peace.

captainjory user not visiting Queenzone.com
captainjory
Bohemian: 174 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RE: Freddie's name. He used to sign himself as Fred Bulsara on college artwork, so maybe he just didn't like people who didn't know him that well calling him Fred.
I guess if he took a liking to you, he'd allow 'Fred'. Roadies called him it too.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes everyone leave it be! We had enough bickering on the last post. Let's leave this one as nice as possible.

I'm still dying to hear about the first time you guys met Freddie in detail!

Villiers

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes and the band called him Fred. Well, Brian did at least. Makes me think about that audio of queen arguing and Brian huffing "I'm playing it exactly how it is on the record, Fred." And Freddie exploding back with "Well, you're expecting us to be PUUURFECT before you'll even ATTEMPT"

LOL

Villiers

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

https://youtu.be/wAxFUZHxnn0 this lolol

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello again The Squirrelly One,
I'm glad you found the site and thanks for your support.
Just remember, Madness called Peter Freestone a liar.
I knew Phoebe pretty well. He lived with Freddie for at
least eleven years. He is one of the kindest, supportive,
and a true gentleman who became our friend as well
as Freddie. For someone who never knew Freddie nor
Peter Freestone to make such an assertion is truly
ridiculous. I'll trust noorie's Uncle before I take as fact
ANYTHING that this LOONEY TUNE has typed.

Apocalipsis_Darko user not visiting Queenzone.com
Apocalipsis_Darko
Bohemian: 566 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, don't give more chance to Madness. Guys, you are better than this homophobic guy.

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry Dustin,
No offense made toward you but I just don't want another "gay basher" on this new thread. He said he would never listen to
Queen again if freddie was gay. Sounds nuts to me. You are fine Dustin.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes i saw that ridiculous post from him and im sorry someone so rude found their way to this page but I trust peter very much and it's worth noting that peter was in The Untold Story and supports it and it's facts so although it was coming from a very rude person [Madness] I have to side with Dustin in that he had a point for this topic alone. I would not have brought it up myself but to be fair it is valid. Some of the things her uncle said in fact do not match was has been proven from Freddie himself his family and Peter. But i personally will never call someone a liar. Perhaps he did know Freddie and Freddie just showed him a different side of himself that his other friends didn't see. I think the topic is better left where it is. I can see this going to a very bad place and it's not fair to everyone else.

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor I would hope you know by now that I'm a huge supporter of Freddie being gay. Because I agreed with his views on something that was stated in an official documentary about Freddies early years (not his sexuality) does in no way mean i support Madness himself and his anti gay views. Freddie's time at boarding school and his being gay are two completely different things. Looks like squirrelly understood what I was getting at.

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agreed Squirelly,
Lee and I have decided to just ignore from now on. Noorie always presented herself to be honest and caring. It does not make
sense to me that she would make up this story...And with that, enough said. We will leave it as a mystery.

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ignore Stop, I mean

Posted: 12 Dec 17, 23:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK Dustin,
I apologize if I made you uncomfortable and was singling you out as a "Stop" fan. As I knew you on the other
thread, you have always presented yourself as very open minded. I think I may have transferred some of my
anger at "stop" onto you. I am so sorry.

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Correction of an earlier post: Lee's work week starts on Wednesday, not Tuesday...sorry Lee.

Villiers

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 00:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh good, it's all settled. In the spirit of moving on (and admittedly because i will use any excuse at all to post this picture of freddie because it cracks me up)

Cleanse the palate with this lovely photo of Mother. Lol enjoy.

*I don't remember if I posted it in the other thread but I'm hoping Lee and Thor will get a kick out of it if they haven't seen it *

Attachment: 201712131702422884.jpg 78 KB
This has been downloaded 54 time(s).

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 00:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Thor. It's all good

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 186 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 00:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Lee,

So what did you do after your "short-lived" theater career in the 70's? Did Freddie take an interest in your former musical endeavors? Do you still like to sing and play piano?

Thor and Lee,

Did Freddie ever solicit your feedback after the concerts you attended? Is there a concert moment that stands out..either because of something outrageous Freddie said or did, or maybe just the audience reaction to a particular song?

Lee Kathleen Nolan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VILLIERS!!!!!!!

I JUST saw that photo on Pinterest. had NEVER seen it before and here it is........it defines "Camp". a favorite word of Freddie's,

Rainbow61

I sang in a club for a few summers, but left the grind of pursuing theatre in New York. After going to a TON of auditions and basically begging people to listen to 30 seconds of a song, which you think you do pretty well, as they eat, and talked, and giggled.........(thank GOD there were no cell phones back then)..........I decided I sorta kinda wanted to have a normal life. By normal I mean making money, and living life, and not leaving town every three months for some kind of touring. NOW.......that being said, those who are talented enough to make a REAL living out of a theater career, with an UBER talent have my envy. An UBER talent, I obviously wasn't. I did give it a go. NEVER would I sing or play the piano in front of Freddie....LOL.......what a woose I was. HA! My goal these days is being an UBER kind person. Much better use of my energies.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3571 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 00:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FIRST I find out that Freddie was Gay!

And THEN i found out he was a MASON! !!
(Alfred)

Good God .. i think i can sell this to the DAILY MAIL! What a secret life he led!

Now I've gotta go home and doctor up some Freddie/Masonic images...

This sounds like a job for Raymond Burr.... also a mason.

Speaking of Raymond Burr and celebrity types. Did Freddie ever encounter the guy? Did he ever meet Rob Halford of Judas Priest?

Rob continues to talk highly of Freddie. ..was even quoted when asked what's on his ipod....he said "Every Queen album"

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
noorie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 696 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! Seriously? I am really very sorry I made my uncle post his childhood memories. Especially when he did not want to.
1. I have seen the Untold Story many times (naturally being a Freddie fan), so if I had made up my uncle's story, naturally, I would have stuck to those facts!!! I am not an idiot. These are the memories of somebody else, and you can either read them or not. It does not matter at all to anybody either way.
2. "Stop...', I had posted a story about my uncle on another thread (not Thior's) previously.
Thor and Lee, I thank you sincerely for your kindness and for sharing your memories with us.