Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Lee Kathleen Nolan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 00:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Matt Z

that was very funny..............

RE: Rob..........I sounded just like him when I sang..............that was a joke.

Don't know if he and Freddie ever met or partied

Stop The Madness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 00:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Noorie I'm sorry you posted it here too since we caught you in a lie. I'm still waiting on those pictures or literally any proof at all that he knew Freddie. I can say my uncle knew Freddie. You say you posted about it in another thread but I haven't seen anything. Please send me the link and the proof he knew Freddie. Im also srill left wondering why when everyone was discussing Freddie at boarding school in the Thor thread you never mentioned your uncle. I find that off because you were very active in that conversation at that point. Why didn't it cross your mind to ever mention this uncle before? So you saw the untold story and still decided to make up things that don't match it? Weren't you the same person who said Freddie calling people dear and darling wasn't a gay thing but a parsi thing and everyone did it? And people there called you out too because again it's in the untold story. His teachers and friends were actually asked about it on camera and they all said it was odd and that nobody else did it. Your stories never seem to match proven facts.

Don't waste your breath telling me to go away. I'll continue posting if I please.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey norrie,
Even if I am the only one, I want to thank your Uncle profusely. Why bother making that stuff up...ridiculous!

noorie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^^ I have been active on QZ for quite a few years now, and it is really because of a very few people like you that I do not post anything personal. But, Thor (and now Lee) have been infinitely kind in so many ways, that I overcame my reluctance to share somebody's memories with Freddie.
I am so sorry you feel the need to challenge everything and everybody. And I am not asking you to go away. You have the right to post here as often as you like.

Please scroll down. End of page 2. This was in August.
http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1481799/stories-of-miserable-fandom-.aspx?page=2

And now, I am done with this topic.

noorie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oops Thor. Thank you. I did not realise you had posted as well. I was replying to 'Stop.... '
Thank you so much. Actually it was YOUR kindness to me that made me take an active role on your thread. Thanks for that. :)

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 01:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you noorie....I believe you.

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lee and I both think that since this is our thread we have no right to ignore someone disagreeing with us or anybody's
opinions , but we DO have the right to avoid, isolate and ignore haters and so do all of you.

Stop The Madness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 01:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Uh huh. So let me talk about my uncle that knew freddie too. He met Freddie on 1976 and they were close friends. I don't need to post any proof because I just said it online so it must be true. I can't believe you're really trying to get people to buy that. You're either lying about your uncle entirely or your uncle lied. I'm going to guess you don't have an uncle who was there at all and you're just typing as him. Either way the stories you have are crap. RE why someone would lie:for attention. Just like she did on the last post claiming to know Freddie was calling people dear and darling at boarding school because she's parsi too and she knows it's their thing when people who were actually there said it was NOT common and NOT what anyone else did. She's trying too hard.

Where are the photos of him with Freddie?

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ditto, my friend

Villiers user not visiting Queenzone.com
Villiers
Bohemian: 234 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 01:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh! Just thought of another one. Was there ever a time when Peter wasn't around and Freddie needed to get some food or drive somewhere that you can remember? There's this story about Freddie that Roger Taylor told once about them before they got big. They were practicing or something and Freddie announced that he was hungry and he was going to boil an egg. He turned on his heel and came back in the room to ask "Roger, how does one boil and egg?"

To which Roger replied "......I don't know". LOL.

I remember reading somewhere that Freddie was very rarely without someone to look after him but was sometimes left in a position where he had to figure things out on his own. Someone had a story about him a few years back. He was trying to get somewhere in New York and was without Peter. His friend said "How the hell are we going to get there without a limo?" And Freddie responded "Well, dear...They have these things here....They get you from one place to another...i think they're called cabs!"

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 01:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL Villiers, great story

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 01:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i wanna make sure that my response "ditto my friend" was in regards to Thor's comment not STM

STM
please go away.......you would get so much further if you weren't so bitter and homophobic. Everyone's opinion is welcome, but when it comes from such a hateful demeanor, nobody hear wants to listen. Does EVERY conflict in your life end this way? I am SO sorry. A little more compassion would get you a lot more of an audience.

Peace...........

As this is my site, may I ask that nobody encourage him...........he can go troll somewhere else........please ignore him........
This entire thread has turned to a question as to what happened over 60 years ago........60 years..........let it be.

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 01:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When we knew Freddie, Peter was not just his "man Friday" but literally his man Mon,Tue,Wed,Thur, Fri, Sat.and Sun. Villiers memories that she
read were probably before we knew him. Peter Freestone would have taken a bullet for Freddie and Freddie knew that! Their relationship was
beautiful.and I can't remember one time that Phoebe was not with us.

Villiers

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 01:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, Thor I think you're right! The cab thing was in the 70s, I think. Peter joined Freddie's personal team in 79 or 80. I was so glad to hear you mention Peters boyfriend Patrick in your last thread because I was always curious about peter getting enough free time of his own to date. I know he adored Freddie and I'm sure he didn't mind working as much as he did (especially since lots of it seemed like fun!) but everyone wants a little alone time at some point. It sounds like peter did manage to find a balance there of personal time and Freddie time

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 01:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villiers
Patrick ws very fun, and an attentive buddy to Peter. We spent a great deal of time with him. The three of us visited in the early 90's I believe, when Phoebe was visiting Patrick in L.A. It was fun reminiscing.

Patrick has since passed.....I don't know if Thor mentioned that. I have a couple of fun photos of him.

Villiers

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 01:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh no, I didn't know he had passed. I'm sorry to hear that. The pictures we have seen of you guys all together with him and Peter all looked like a blast! You guys really did look like a family. A very close circle of friends, and you could see it in the photos.

Speaking of photos (yes, after this one I swear I'm done hogging the thread LOL), I've always wondered what the heck was in that gift on the table in the top photo here. Maybe someone remembers? Looks like a sausage! Wrapped in white.

Looks like he's holding a vhs, too?

I love that shot at the bottom. That's what I mean I say they looked like a family. Very close and genuinely happy.

Attachment: 201712131977020878.jpg 78 KB
This has been downloaded 55 time(s).

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I loooooove those photos from Phoebe's book.

Maybe what he was holding was a frame of photos?

The firecracker like wrapped time is a mystery. I'll check my photos.

The bottom photo is us carrying on when we visited Freddie in Bel Air.

FUN TIME

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 56 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 02:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nudging Thor to tell the story of the first meeting!

Lee, will you eventually post some of your pictures?

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 02:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5
I WILL share some teasers, but i'm not sure what i'm going to do with the photos. I want to share, and have it be special........

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi!!! HAPPY Tuesday Everybody!!
I would LOVE to see a picture I haven't seen before!!!Maybe it could be a Christmas present from u to All of us......No pressure though!! lol
I have studied Every picture in every book I have Plus all the ones I could find on Pinterest, google......
What I see in many pictures appears like a "Great, fun, fab kinda "boys club"?? Then as Freddie's home, Garden Lodge, takes center stage the people surrounding Freddie along with his friends, the look seems to morph into a FAMILY!!! It's Lovely to see his Chosen Family......to know the love was shared and reciprocated!! Good to know Fred was never ALONE ALONE!!!!