Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > All About Frank The Robot In The QAL Show

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 17, 11:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 17, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Here's how @QueenWillRock's giant live show robot was reborn after 40 years. Read more @ wired.co.uk/article/queen-… #QAL”

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/queen-robot-3d-animation-technology-music-news-of-the-world-anniversary-tour

dave76 user not visiting Queenzone.com
dave76
Bohemian: 679 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 17, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Frank is the real star on this tour, not Brian or Roger or Adam.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3448 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 17, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dave76 wrote:

Frank is the real star on this tour, not Brian or Roger or Adam.


I can see how you'd feel that way after the massive tease and set list changes. ...

I had the same issue seeing BLACK SABBATH (*with Ozzy) any time.....they'd basically tour the same 15 songs each and EVERY show EVERY where.

It got to the point that it was POINTLESS to watch them live. (*with Ozzy)...no matter whether it was their "last" LAST TOUR or not.

DESPITE the fact that the band basically wrote the book on everything and i should've been "grateful" to see them live any time. ...i ALREADY HAD and nothing ever changed. I must have passed them by an additional 5-7 times.
pity.

It's only when RONNIE JAMES DIO came back that the live show had ANY changes in it. Thank God for him


I heard their final tour did however include a set list change to incorporate new material. It was way too late for me.

Saw HEAVEN & HELL (Sabbath with Dio thanks to pending Osborne lawsuit) multiple times with great joy and amazement.

They got the initial idea right but. ..eh. i can see how people are very disappointed the NOTW stuff didn't stay


"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 17, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a feeling that Brian and Roger think that WWRY/WATC are their most prominent and well known tracks from that album and the rest don’t matter as much!

popy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 509 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 17, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here are the annimations:

https://vimeo.com/229582224

https://vimeo.com/229598599

https://vimeo.com/229607426

https://vimeo.com/229605176

https://vimeo.com/239902733

https://vimeo.com/239907474

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 17, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

popy, I would love to click on those links but I can’t because of the “s” after the “http” !!!

popy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 509 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 01:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Select it, copy and paste to the address bar.

SpaceGrey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 75 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

these old tarts never will go from show biz because they want more freak show

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8831 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SpaceGrey wrote:

these old tarts never will go from show biz because they want more freak show


What?


We love you Mandy!
SpaceGrey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 75 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Fairy King wrote:

SpaceGrey wrote:

these old tarts never will go from show biz because they want more freak show


What?




read my post many times

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is a handsome hunk, not a freak! He’s not Ozzy Osborne or Alice Cooper!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

popy, I’m not able to select a whole link with my iPhone, just individual words!

popy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 509 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't you select it as you would in a computer, using the mouse to select a text to do a copy/paste from one place (in this case the texts from my posts) to another (the address bar)?

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nope, my finger is the mouse!

Bullet with Butterfly Wings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Bohemian: 933 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't get why Ozzy Osborne and Alice Cooper have been mentioned here, but I will respond anyways. For those two artists it was about their music more than how they looked, IMO. I'm a big fan of Ozzy's, I don't think he or his fans was concerned about how he looked.

popy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 509 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Dec 17, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Nope, my finger is the mouse!


That's odd. It's one of the most basic operations anyone could do on any text enabled device, even touch ones, like a phone, computer, tablet, etc, a simple selecting of a portion of a text, copying it and pasting on whatever you like.

I remember some years ago Apple was mocked for not having a simple copy/paste function, I now have searched and it's available since iOS 3.0. It's strange that you say you can't do that.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Dec 17, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://vimeo.com/229582224

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6405 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Dec 17, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam is a handsome hunk, not a freak! He’s not Ozzy Osborne or Alice Cooper!


How suprising, a superficial dismissal of two actual artists because of their looks in favor of a prettyboy with no creative talents, at best a craftsman.

Why don't you, SweetCaroline, just come out and admit that you have a sexual attraction to Adam Lambert and your sole interest in this whole Q+AL thing is because you're a granny with a fetish for young guys?


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1598 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Dec 17, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thomasquinn 32989 wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam is a handsome hunk, not a freak! He’s not Ozzy Osborne or Alice Cooper!


How suprising, a superficial dismissal of two actual artists because of their looks in favor of a prettyboy with no creative talents, at best a craftsman.

Why don't you, SweetCaroline, just come out and admit that you have a sexual attraction to Adam Lambert and your sole interest in this whole Q+AL thing is because you're a granny with a fetish for young guys?


That post says more about Caroline's understanding of music and the artists who perform it then anything else she has posted.

Mr Quinn sir I believe you are correct!