Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > All About Frank The Robot In The QAL Show

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2042 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Dec 17, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No creative talents? Ask Brian and Roger what THEY think about that!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Royalty: 1719 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 17, 21:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Are you that much of a stepford, your comeback is always to ask Brian and Roger in trying to dimiss other pov's?
A bad way to discuss things. Hate to tell you, Brian, Roger and yourself are hardly impartial about the guy.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Dec 17, 21:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

thomasquinn 32989 wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam is a handsome hunk, not a freak! He’s not Ozzy Osborne or Alice Cooper!

How suprising, a superficial dismissal of two actual artists because of their looks in favor of a prettyboy with no creative talents, at best a craftsman.

Why don't you, SweetCaroline, just come out and admit that you have a sexual attraction to Adam Lambert and your sole interest in this whole Q+AL thing is because you're a granny with a fetish for young guys?

That post says more about Caroline's understanding of music and the artists who perform it then anything else she has posted.

Mr Quinn sir I believe you are correct!

It's her way of killing many birds with one stone.
AL is a hunk. Let it be known.
Dimiss other artists who aren't AL. Let it be known.
Call other artists down to be up and hype up AL. Let it be known.

I'll say this much. She doesn't know much about other music and artists and only brings them up to dismiss them. I'm surprised she hasn't went into n her Sam Smith rages here.
And you both are right. I'll never forget on QOL where sweetcaroline said she looks at AL as a son, partly why she defends hmm so much, then a few posts later went on about how sexy he was. Gross actually.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Dec 17, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My first impression of Adam is that he resembled Elvis when he was performing “Satisfaction” on Idol. I didn’t see his audition of “Bohemian Rhapsody” which at the time Adam never dreamed he’d be singing that song on Queen tours.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Dec 17, 04:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

My first impression of Adam is that he resembled Elvis when he was performing “Satisfaction” on Idol. I didn’t see his audition of “Bohemian Rhapsody” which at the time Adam never dreamed he’d be singing that song on Queen tours.

That dear, is where you went wrong in comparing him to someone else right of the bat. Let alone comparing him to a legend Iike Elvis. Was that because of the music or his looks that he resembled Elvis? I never had that impression at all. I watched his season, and actually enjoyed it. It was good to see him develop and grow into... himself to some degree. That's what I took from it.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Dec 17, 09:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I said Adam looked like Elvis from the profile view when I first saw him but he was singing “Satisfaction” which is a Rolling Stones song. He was obviously being himself because he was hitting notes that no one else was able to hit then or now!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Dec 17, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam, “Satisfaction” ...

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/XUPc9VuUndg

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Dec 17, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I said Adam looked like Elvis from the profile view when I first saw him but he was singing “Satisfaction” which is a Rolling Stones song. He was obviously being himself because he was hitting notes that no one else was able to hit then or now!

Ah, the looks. Why am I not surprised? He didn't look like Elvis to me. And he will never sound like him either.
I am well aware who originally sang Satisfaction by the way. I am aware AL sang it on Idol. Don't know why you bothered to post the video of it? I will not watch it I have no need or desire to watch it. Maybe others will want to watch, but it's obvious you are trying to big him up again.
I think we all know you live in an AL bubble. So how do you know other artists couldn't and still can't do what AL did? Oh right, maybe Brian May said so.
Again and we have been discussing this countless times before, it's not all about hitting the notes. There is so much more than hitting the notes...or looks. Great songs, persona, connecting with the audience, that's more important...for me anyways. I'm sure you will come back with a post or more that you think AL has the looks, the moves, the charisma, the sex appeal...while everyone else doesn't have any of it.
I don't need or want more videos so you can try to 'prove' that I'm wrong and you are right. You treat the people here as if they are dumb just because they don't agree with things the way you do.
Did you really assume I didn't know about Satisfaction and the Rolling Stones sang it, and AL sang that song on AI? Sheesh. Any excuse for you to big him up and promote the guy, even with an old clip.

Vocal harmony user is on Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Royalty: 1965 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 17, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yeah I could ask Brian but I don't want to waste his time.

I think you're missing some vital infomation. There is no denying Adam Lambert can sing and he fronts th band well. He even adds something to one or two of the songs, Who Wants To Live Foreever for instance, but real musical creative talent? When his name appears in the writing credits of songs that have had the impact of the songs both Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath and any other creatively talented song writers and musicians have created then maybe I'll take more note of your claim.

The music world is full of people who can sing, but people who can write songs and sustain a long career doing so are rarer and I'm afraid your great musical savour doesn't come close, just because he shares a stage with two of those people doesn't mean he is one.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Dec 17, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Years ago singers with exceptional voices like Adam were not required to write their own songs. Frank Sinatra and Perry Como come to mind. They didn’ play musical instruments either! Not every singer is also an entertainer. Adele and Sam come to mind.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Dec 17, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yeah I could ask Brian but I don't want to waste his time.

I think you're missing some vital infomation. There is no denying Adam Lambert can sing and he fronts th band well. He even adds something to one or two of the songs, Who Wants To Live Foreever for instance, but real musical creative talent? When his name appears in the writing credits of songs that have had the impact of the songs both Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath and any other creatively talented song writers and musicians have created then maybe I'll take more note of your claim.

The music world is full of people who can sing, but people who can write songs and sustain a long career doing so are rarer and I'm afraid your great musical savour doesn't come close, just because he shares a stage with two of those people doesn't mean he is one.

Exactly this. It's so much more than hitting notes.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Dec 17, 19:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Years ago singers with exceptional voices like Adam were not required to write their own songs. Frank Sinatra and Perry Como come to mind. They didn’ play musical instruments either! Not every singer is also an entertainer. Adele and Sam come to mind.

How would you know Adele and Sam Smith aren't entertainers? You sure have made it clear you aren't a fan and haven't listened or watched very little of their music.
At least Adele and Sam Smith aren't riding on coattails of Brian and Roger though ;-).

SweetCaroline

Posted: 23 Dec 17, 00:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’ve seen them enough to know that they are terrible live performers!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 23 Dec 17, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I’ve seen them enough to know that they are terrible live performers!

Sure you have. What have you watched by them? I ask cause you stated on QOL you couldn't get through one of their albums, that it made you want to jump of a bridge etc, and their fans must be miserable and depressed.
You judgements about other artists and their fans is disgusting.
If anyone said what they didn't like about your almighty AL, you would be very defensive and insulted. You imagine if someone said AL looked like a freak, there wouldn't be the end of it. But it's okay for you to say Ozzy Osborne and Alice Cooper are freaks. While at the same time, AL is a 'hunk'. Gotta big up AL no matter what, eh.

Vocal harmony user is on Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Royalty: 1965 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 17, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Deleted

SweetCaroline

Posted: 23 Dec 17, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope Sam gets more comfortable performing in front of a live audience. I watched a live stream of him at Rock in Rio a couple of years ago and it was BORING!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 23 Dec 17, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I hope Sam gets more comfortable performing in front of a live audience. I watched a live stream of him at Rock in Rio a couple of years ago and it was BORING!

Sam is doing more than okay the way he is. But of course, you would say he is boring, because he isn't AL.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 23 Dec 17, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sam, Adele and Zayn Malik have each found out that it is easier to make a hit record in a recording studio than to perform that record in front of a live audience as easily as Adam makes it look!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 23 Dec 17, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sam, Adele and Zayn Malik have each found out that it is easier to make a hit record in a recording studio than to perform that record in front of a live audience as easily as Adam makes it look!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 23 Dec 17, 20:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Where is that coming from?
My God. You litreally can't help yourself to big up AL every time you see a chance. You are obsessed! AL makes it look easy? Not that he had to write and produce any Queen songs, he sure was not involved with any of that. Hell, it took five writers to write TwoFux. I'd say he has it easier than Adele and Sam Smith.
Adele, Sam Smith and AL do things differently in their music, on albums onstage, even being in the public eye.