Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Queen 1977-12-22 The Forum, Los Angeles, CA (16-bit) (FLAC)

forum rss feed
Author

pmatsynot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 270 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Many thanks for this early Christmas present

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4859 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chopin1995 wrote:

on my way up wrote:

Hearing this show it's safe to say the extremely positive reviews we've had for years are truly correct.
This is one of Queen's finest and most thrilling shows EVER!

We should really find a way to convince the band/QPL to release the COMPLETE mono soundboard they OBVIOUSLY have for this concert. It'll probably sound the same as Sleeping on the sidewalk from the recent release (which is absolutely wonderful!).
How can we make this happen, folks? Let's start a campaign and get noticed on the social media (by posting a YouTube video of this White Christmas all over twitter and facebook??).
Maybe Chief Mouse should do his magic and create a video for it at his usual high level... If we're clever the global press can be reached. I really believe this is possible.

What do you all think?

Petition?

Ricin in Brian's coffee.

Seriously, it all comes down to him.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2343 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Indeed, it all comes down to Brian so we have to find the right way to reach out to him, in a way so that he gives thought to it and can be convinced.

And that's why we need some sort of action with many people participating...

on my way up
BETA215 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr. BETA will take care of you
BETA215
Deity: 2637 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

White Christmas, thanks to dandrew. Enjoy it.

Attachment: 20171220733902746.flac 8 MB
This has been downloaded 85 time(s).

Don't forget my collection of demos and outtakes: http://goo.gl/uQARhn

PM me if you want any [leaked] multitrack.

Ya se ven los tigres en la lluvia.
people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1482 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on my way up wrote:

Hearing this show it's safe to say the extremely positive reviews we've had for years are truly correct.

We should really find a way to convince the band/QPL to release the COMPLETE mono soundboard they OBVIOUSLY have for this concert. It'll probably sound the same as Sleeping on the sidewalk from the recent release (which is absolutely wonderful!).
How can we make this happen, folks? Let's start a campaign and get noticed on the social media (by posting a YouTube video of this White Christmas all over twitter and facebook??).
Maybe Chief Mouse should do his magic and create a video for it at his usual high level... If we're clever the global press can be reached. I really believe this is possible.

What do you all think?

Cutie. So wonderfully naive.
Go ahead. Call me a negative bastard :)

x

bootLuca user not visiting Queenzone.com
bootLuca
Royalty: 1309 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice Xmas present!
The performance is quite embarrassing,
he takes the verse with a note too high, and when at the end of the verse he realizes that he will never get there, he sings a lower octave.

MackMantilla user not visiting Queenzone.com
MackMantilla
Bohemian: 733 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks a lot for this.
Such a fantastic year for Queen shares :-)

Unniendo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Unniendo
Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

Unniendo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Unniendo
Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3226 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bootLuca wrote:

Nice Xmas present!
he takes the verse with a note too high, and when at the end of the verse he realizes that he will never get there, he sings a lower octave.

Bloody hell lol. Freddie isn't immune to criticism, I know that - but FFS, take this for what it is: a bit of fun at a Christmas show. A brand new recording sees the light of day after 40 years and we have a track we've never heard Freddie sing before. A truly momentous occasion. And you pan it....

Merry Christmas ya arse :p

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people on streets wrote:

on my way up wrote:

What do you all think?

x
With that kind of attitude I'm sure you never get anything done.
Think small axt small

on my way up

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people on streets wrote:

on my way up wrote:

What do you all think?

x
Think small act small

on my way up

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people on streets wrote:

on my way up wrote:

What do you all think?

x
Think small act small

on my way up
MercurialFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
old fashioned dandy
MercurialFreddie
Royalty: 1004 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bootLuca has a point here / It really is a gem and when you hear the "...and may all your Christmases be... " and then you just want so much to hear Freddie for the high note and give a big ending to the song aaand.... he chooses the lower octave.

Well... and to think that we could hear that in an excellent quality had not QPL vetoed against it....

QueenFan11 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unbelievable! FIVE new recordings in one year. First we get the earliest known NOTW show (Detroit 1977), than what people have been wanting for over a decade, a brand new Crazy tour show (Liverpool 1979) than a full version of the "Chest Wig" show (Nagoya 1975), then we get one from the mostly undocumented period between Dallas and NYC (Providence 1978) and now we end the year with one of the most famous uncirculated gems in Queen bootlegging (this one)! My sincere thanks for all those who have helped bringing these pieces of history out of the attics and into this forum.

Who knows what shows can circulate next? A 1970-1972 concert? Gothenburg 1982 (opening night of HS tour)?, An earlier Game Tour show (6/30-7/5)?, another Sun City concert? The possibilities are endless!

bootLuca user not visiting Queenzone.com
bootLuca
Royalty: 1309 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy1980 wrote:

bootLuca wrote:

Nice Xmas present!

Bloody hell lol. Freddie isn't immune to criticism, I know that - but FFS, take this for what it is: a bit of fun at a Christmas show. A brand new recording sees the light of day after 40 years and we have a track we've never heard Freddie sing before. A truly momentous occasion. And you pan it....

Merry Christmas ya arse :p

Indeed a true gem!
The point is that in my opinion this performance is not perfect enough for the QP standards....

NickESB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 19:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You say that, somebody (presumably BHM or RMT) edited Freddie's Wembley '86 night two vocal improvisation ahead of its use in the Q+AL 2017 shows. It cuts out the note where his voice cracks - given how high he goes, it's hardly something to censor...

Rami user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 974 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! Thank you very very much indeed!!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 19746 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bootLuca wrote:

Nice Xmas present!

Indeed.

It sounds like they threw it together last minute (Mercury even says they "cooked it up in the dressing room"), and Brian started in the wrong key. But they still do a decent enough job of it.

Even with this little folly it's still one of the greatest Queen shows ever. They just give a little extra on this night.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
little foetus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 587 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 17, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I totally agree with Luca. It is a nice moment but i'm not surprised the ultraperfectionnist Brian May refused to include it in the box. ;)