Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Queen 1977-12-22 The Forum, Los Angeles, CA (16-bit) (FLAC)

forum rss feed
Author

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3170 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Dec 17, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

' Tis the season to recognise these things Bob :p

Sounds like "Tear It Up" is in it's early stages further on in the solo too.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Chopin1995 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chopin1995
Bohemian: 350 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After listening this show yesterday I think this is one of the best Queen concert ever. And one of my favourite. The band is in the great mood. Audience also loves it. Basically every song has some great moments, even Brian's solo is phenomenal (and I noticed the 2nd Christmas song. This song was used in the famous 'Home Alone' movie from 1990). Their playing is outstanding, and their singing just as good. Freddie is VERY daring to sing many high notes and sometimes his singing is more similar to the record than usual. One of the show that definitely deserves better recording. Let's hope the taper will share his tape knowing the copy is already leaked. Queen were probably the best band in the world at that time.

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1448 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 17, 02:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on my way up wrote:

people on streets wrote:

on my way up wrote:

people on streets wrote:

on my way up wrote:

Hearing this show it's safe to say the extremely positive reviews we've had for years are truly correct.
This is one of Queen's finest and most thrilling shows EVER!

We should really find a way to convince the band/QPL to release the COMPLETE mono soundboard they OBVIOUSLY have for this concert. It'll probably sound the same as Sleeping on the sidewalk from the recent release (which is absolutely wonderful!).
How can we make this happen, folks? Let's start a campaign and get noticed on the social media (by posting a YouTube video of this White Christmas all over twitter and facebook??).
Maybe Chief Mouse should do his magic and create a video for it at his usual high level... If we're clever the global press can be reached. I really believe this is possible.

What do you all think?

Cutie. So wonderfully naive.
Go ahead. Call me a negative bastard :)

x
With that kind of attitude I'm sure you never get anything done.
Think small act small

How's the campaign doing? Reached global press already?

Dunning-Kruger.
All I could think when reading your posts...

And I feel really sorry for you.

^^
This guy.

You know I have a law degree right? You act terribly bitter and naive for an educated person. You did lawschool too if I remember correctly, didn't you?

Good luck with dreaming Brian will see the 'global campaign' and release your beloved concert Raf...

It will never happen.

on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2334 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 17, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You conclude I'm naive because I express my wish to hear a pro recording of my favourite band on a hobby forum ?
Don't you think that is jumping to conclusions?
Most of your posts on this hobby forum are very negative, often riducling people and their (free time) dreams, just like you did with my initial post. My initial post was full of positivism and hope but apparently those sentiments are for you - even in this hobby context - weak features... Talking about bitterness...
Whatever degree one has is totally irrelevant on this forum and I really feel sorry for you if the day you got your degree was the day you lost your ability to dream about - indeed in the wider scheme of things - futility like getting better recordings of a band you really love.
I work hard every day to make a difference to people and can quite happily add that I more often than not succeed. Is a little non-realistic dreaming in my hobby hours allowed? Try it, it feels good!

on my way up
Gregsynth user is on Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3253 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 17, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hate to interrupt the cock fight here, but enjoy the last day of the new year! It'll be less than 24 hours before 2018 starts!

The complete show from Tokyo (1979-04-13) just got posted on DIME! Awesome way to end 2017!

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1448 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 17, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on my way up wrote:

You conclude I'm naive because I express my wish to hear a pro recording of my favourite band on a hobby forum ?

No. Because you said and I quote you:

"How can we make this happen, folks? Let's start a campaign and get noticed on the social media (by posting a YouTube video of this White Christmas all over twitter and facebook??). Maybe Chief Mouse should do his magic and create a video for it at his usual high level... If we're clever the global press can be reached. I really believe this is possible. What do you all think?"

My answer to that question was that I think you're a cutie. So wonderfully naive. I still think so. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing and it sure wasn't meant as an insult. Sorry you seem to take it that way.

on my way up wrote:
Most of your posts on this hobby forum are very negative, often riducling people and their (free time) dreams

Excuse me? Most of my posts are very negative? Ridiculing people? Like what I said above. It's often how one can read things. As a lawyer you should know this too.
I have no intention whatsoever to insult people. In my opinion I don't do that. Maybe you think different. Fine.

on my way up wrote:
Whatever degree one has is totally irrelevant on this forum

Dunning-Kruger. That's what you said about me.
That's why I told you about my degree. You really didn't see that causality? I'm sure you do. Try harder Raf.

on my way up wrote:
I really feel sorry for you if the day you got your degree was the day you lost your ability to dream about getting better recordings of a band you really love.

You feel sorry for me again? Because of what exactly? I don't dream about some soundboard that will never see the light of day? You're such a cutie!

on my way up wrote:
I work hard every day to make a difference to people and can quite happily add that I more often than not succeed. Is a little non-realistic dreaming in my hobby hours allowed? Try it, it feels good!

You're fully allowed to do and dream whatever you please my dear Raf and post those dreams on this hobby forum.

Just as much as I'm allowed to make a comment on it after it has been posted. Naive and cute. Wow. Big deal.

Happy new year! May all your hopes and dreams come true!

x

on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2334 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 17, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Best wishes to everyone!

on my way up