Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > What Would You Like To See From Queen In 2018 ?

forum rss feed
Author

ITSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1058 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Dec 17, 01:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Houston '77 on Blu-ray.

Reworked/finished song(s) like Let me in (your heart again).

Mr. Bad Guy on Spotify.

A "mix" of You Are the Only One.

Something special from the A Day at the Races era.

Chuck Norris never sleeps, he waits...
Darren_1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 45 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 17, 02:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought Brian was working on a solo box set along the lines of The Lot, don’t think there has been any update for awhile

Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 745 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 17, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

No moog....Just a proper Anthology.

Why bother explaining or justifying anything to a twat like that?!

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3682 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 17, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

matt z wrote:

QUEEN THE TRANSVESTITE COLLECTION

Clothing geared for he him she her ma'am and shim.

Daisy duke short shorts *(jeans)

Half shirts cut and tied at front

For females, belts with dangling front simulated male genitalia

Double sided dildos with each band members face as the tip (*COLLECT ALL FOUR! !!)

WHY NOT BE FORTHRIGHT? WHY NOT PANDER?

NOW IS THE TIME.

also, adhesive genitalia moustaches.

If you're not discussing the music and Just want too be a clown don't get invloved with the discussion. Or Join another music forum.

Normally you'd be right, but the band hasfour the most part done just that. Anything BUT the music.

Honest answer. The obvious archival material. ..and althoughit's not a good anniversary year. ..the album INNUENDO in DTS 5.1/BLU-RAY 6.1 ...whatever. ..featuring demos, takes and FINALLY the music videos in completion. ..no letterboxing either.

Also the alternate TATDOOL versions and maybe the rushes if people can stomach that.

There's plenty on the cutting room floor with DoRo.

I still think they're going to miss their market on transvestite clothing for the modern day shimberly

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3682 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 17, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^also.
Been saying it for years. They could steal the model from KISS and do their own version of KISSTORY:
compiled footage and interspersed television appearances etc by each year documenting the band's development and changes. 4-5 disc sets.

All this stuff has been done so much better by other bands.. heck....even Willie Nelson.

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2524 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 17, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honesty and transparency.

bootLuca user not visiting Queenzone.com
bootLuca
Royalty: 1324 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 17, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

I think some of those unreleased songs could be finished with a guest singer.

NO thanks

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 4170 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 17, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Look at the Interesting stuff on NOTW Box alone."

That people STILL complain about because they are hybrids of various takes or not the version that they speculate about being in existence. Why release product to an audience that is never happy?

And why do people still talk about an 'Anthology'? The Beatles did it years ago, why have Queen fans latched on to this as some sort of thing?

Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com
Rich Tea
Bohemian: 297 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 17, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I find it incredible how people can be so negative but also can see the unrealistic expectations of some.

I will be happy with the promised 70's Live and 80's Live DVD sets so long as they aren't Rare Live botch ups.........

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3353 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 17, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why are we latching on to the Anthology? Because Queen productions said In the mid 90's, Made In Heaven days that we would get a proper Anthology by 1999........that was my peak love affair with Queen and Remember reading an article by The fan club, I think Jackie was her name, or maybe if greg brooks was hired by then that we would get a big Anthology with lots of unreleased songs and demos, ect.....Fastward to 2017/18 and still nothing. Yea, lot of what would be in the boxset has been released already or leaked on youtube, but it's all scattered on different releases. Would be nice if it was all one set. I'm not so excited for the Anthology like I was back then....but It's the only thing that I would look foward to.....Queen recording with Adam doesn't do it for me, and I think we have enough live stuff.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3353 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 17, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

why are we latching on to the Anthology? Because Queen productions said In the mid 90's, Made In Heaven days that we would get a proper Anthology by 1999........that was my peak love affair with Queen and Remember reading an article by The fan club, I think Jackie was her name, or maybe if greg brooks was hired by then that we would get a big Anthology with lots of unreleased songs and demos, ect.....It's 2017/18 and still nothing. Yea, lot of what would be in the boxset has been released already or leaked on youtube, but it's all scattered on different releases. Would be nice if it was all one set. I'm not so excited for the Anthology like I was back then....but It's the only thing that I would look foward to.....Queen recording with Adam doesn't do it for me, and I think we have enough live stuff.

Dr Magus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 328 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 17, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brians wig wrote:

Honesty and transparency.

^this^

I'd also add value for money

bradbobly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 65 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 17, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 27 Dec 17, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 27 Dec 17, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Live Killers/ Jazz Deluxe box Set including live CD recording of the Kampuchea show also included on Blu ray and or DVD.
Clean up and add to Live Killers extended sleeve notes minus the reproduction tat, happy with another photo book with more rare photos but perhaps elaborate on some txt with interesting stories ect ect.
If the NOTW box sold as they hoped perhaps they could listen and improve even further on the next set to be released. Cover all the outtakes/ demos/alternative versions and release the definitive collection of these 2 albums.

Would also like to see a stand alone Houston release but feel this ship may have sailed. Think Brian may also take another look at solo box if touring not extensive next year.
I would also like to see more from Roger either new stuff or re-visit solo/ The Cross live archive and put something out there as this was overlooked on the Lot.
Having said all this i think we will get another Kerry Ellis release and a Queen + AL live set to keep us all happy...lol

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20166 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 17, 23:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

-the rest of that 1977 footage
-studio outtakes up to 1978 or so
-Live Killers box set with several uncut shows

We'll be lucky to get one of these things.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
beemack74 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 17, 02:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any unreleased complete show(s) on dvd would be fantastic, in particular from the Live Killers era, but ANYTHING would be a treat, especially if something is unearthed from the late 70s /early 80s that we haven't seen before. Sadly, I'll not get my hopes up.

Chopin1995 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chopin1995
Bohemian: 589 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 17, 09:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

2018 - Live Killers box set which probably will happen because they mentioned it a couple of times before. Un-cut Paris shows on video would be nice to have.
2019 - Full Hammersmith 1979 on blu-ray. There is probably no release I want them to release more that this. They like to celebrate 40th anniversaries these days so I really hope for this one. Plus another soundboard recording as a bonus from Crazy Tour.

If not one of these then Hyde Park.

Posted: 28 Dec 17, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would really like to see the 40th Anniversary cycle broken to be honest.
Ideally come March /April 2018 would be great to see a live DVD/CD/Blu Ray of the Houston show ( poss with some extra goodies ) as a stand alone release to compliment the NOTW box set and then come November a nice Live Killers/Jazz combo Deluxe box set also including Hammersmith 79 which would round off the year nicely as far as releases go.
But i will not hold my breath for any of this to happen as i guess it does depend on the success of the NOTW set if they go down this route again.

Ivo-1976 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 157 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 17, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would like some more unreleased stuff from the 1987-1991 years. God knows what's out there.
2019: Miracle 30 years anniversary?