Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > What Would You Like To See From Queen In 2018 ?

forum rss feed
Author

john bodega user not visiting Queenzone.com
john bodega
Deity: 12838 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Dec 17, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

More unheard Queen stuff, but not likely anything they'd release themselves - so I hope some thumb drives make it out of the Queen organisation with more good shit.
I don't really want to be sitting here waiting for the actual members to drop off in order to get cool things out into the public domain, so leaks would do it for me just fine.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2098 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 17, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look at what The Stones have done with their From The Vaults series, and the different combinations of release form whole box set to individual DVD's and CD/DVD sets. All very affordable.

Just maybe Queen should follow them and do 76 through to 84 live sets. But 77 and 79 would be the two that would interest me the most.

Its OK with talking about a Live Killers set and thinking it's going to happen because official sources have mentioned it, but official sources talked about the anthology and that hasn't happened.

I'd also like to see more NOTW type boxes released but at a lower price and devoid of filler that fans and collectors already have.

As for Queen + a live CD/ DVD from the current tour. A studio album seems unlikely simply because the have a vocalist who can go to places their writing no longer can unless they hook up with a producer and engineer who are forwarded thinking and are willing to tell them that something is below standard and push the point.

bradbobly user is on Queenzone.com

Champion: 66 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 17, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Stones 'From the Vaults' are good examples as you have mentioned of how the live shows could be handled. The Bootleg serious could be re-looked at and possibly re vamped with not only a comprehensive digital format but also CD and DVD keeping everyone happy.
Although i would happily pay for a top notch deluxe 'Complete Live Works' box set covering shows from start to finish of their touring career including solo/ The Cross/ guest performances. Now that really would be great in my opinion with each tour represented ( without the reproduction tour tat )
However quality sound and performance will always remain a stumbling block as to what gets released and what gets left in the vaults sadly.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for a productive year of releases either band wise or solo ( Brian )
Personally not interested in a new album with Adam but would purchase a live CD/DVD of recent tour if released.

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Royalty: 1147 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 17, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bradbobly wrote:

I would really like to see the 40th Anniversary cycle broken to be honest.
Ideally come March /April 2018 would be great to see a live DVD/CD/Blu Ray of the Houston show ( poss with some extra goodies ) as a stand alone release to compliment the NOTW box set and then come November a nice Live Killers/Jazz combo Deluxe box set also including Hammersmith 79 which would round off the year nicely as far as releases go.
But i will not hold my breath for any of this to happen as i guess it does depend on the success of the NOTW set if they go down this route again.

====================================

that cycle can be broken after the Hammy 1979 concert. We are waiting ages for this concert and this is one of the favourite shows among Queen fans.

Just curious: anyone know which paris show they got? do the have the masters?

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
Pokemaniacjunk user not visiting Queenzone.com
Pokemaniacjunk
Champion: 93 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 17, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would like to see a few early concerts bundled together giving us live versions of Jesus, The Night Comes Down, the early Stone Cold Crazy and Smile Covers

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all hear to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1464 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 02:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

2018:

Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 World Tour based on Frank and the Red Special stage

Bohemian Rhapsody: the motion pictue

Bohemian Rhapsody: the original soundtrack album featuring retakes and some new music by Queen + guests, released in CD and digital platforms. Expanded edition including hits compilation and Live Aid audio

Some Queen + Adam Lambert shows to promote the movie

Bohemian Rhapsody: the home video releases, including Bluray/DVD/CD/double LP box set with Live Aid video

Mr Bad Guy remaster - special edition including remixes, released in double LP, CD and digital platforms

Another World reissue, including video material

Wilki Amieva
Wilki Amieva

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 02:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

2019:

Live Killers 1978/1979 triple box set

Updated Queen Live book

Queen + Adam Lambert: Live At Wembley or Alive In Las Vegas! release of the 2018 shows in BD/DVD

Wilki Amieva
mameolo user not visiting Queenzone.com
mameolo
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Definitely some raw outtakes from Jazz. Maybe some rare A Night at the Opera footage to go with the Bo Rhap film "special features" on the DVD. I wonder if they have any rare Live Aid footage of what was going on backstage and in the audience, maybe for it's 40th anniversary, we'll see it unearthed.

Wilki Amieva

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

2020:

We Will Rock You 2: Tales of Ga-Ga

2021:

#Queen50 re-release campaign

Wilki Amieva
dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 3060 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 21:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 380 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^^Exactly

Plengel user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2146 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 18, 21:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honestly, I don't think that 2018 will bring us that much intrresting stuff, but hey, they also suprised me with the anniversary edition of NOTW last year. Probably something movie related release and a release from the Queen + Adam Lambert tour too. Unfortunately I don't see a Jazz anniversary edition happen, but maybe some celebration for the Miracle.

There are however tons of releases they could consider:

The long rumoured Live Killers is one of them, but for me it's hard to imagine what could be in it. I don't see them releasing a box with multiple live recordings (CD/LP/Blu-ray) in it at once.

Probably an ANATO anniversary can be expected in 2020, which in my opinion could be awesome! One CD with the standard album, one CD with demo's and outtakes and one CD deconstructing Bohemian Rhapsody (demos, outtakes, isolated multitracks from only Bohemian Rhapsody. This all to be acompanied by a realease of their ANATO thank you concert at Hyde Park.

A Japan 70's live boxset with CD's and Blu-rays of concerts from each tour in Japan during 1975 - 1979.

A Japan 80's live boxset with CD's and Blu-rays of concerts from each tour in Japan during 1981 - 1985.

And a lot more to think/dream of...

You've never seen nothing like it, no never in your life. Like going up to heaven and then coming back alive.

http://plengelqueentrader.tripod.com
e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 724 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 07:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A From the Vault series. No doubt!!

Dr Magus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 328 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 18, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A King Crimson-style mammoth box set would be nice.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5061 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 18, 00:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

More wine and beer, but affordable this time.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
ggo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 18, 05:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

With the movie set for a Christmas release I can't see them doing anything that isn't connected to that. Bound to be a soundtrack album and probably a new greatest hits to tie in with the movie.
If they surprise me with a jazz raw sessions disk I'd be quite happy.
The Live Killers box set would be my hope, but I figure IF they do anything, it will be Jazz this year, Live Killers in 2019 and The Game deluxe box set in 2020.

Dr Magus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 328 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 18, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they're doing Wembley Stadium with Lambert we pretty much know what their next release will be so fuck this year, fuck it right up the arse. Bring on 2019 and the 40th anniversary of Live Killers.

2019 also the 50th anniversary of ITCOTCK! Yay!

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2098 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 18, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dr Magus wrote:

If they're doing Wembley Stadium with Lambert we pretty much know what their next release will be so fuck this year, fuck it right up the arse. Bring on 2019 and the 40th anniversary of Live Killers.

2019 also the 50th anniversary of ITCOTCK! Yay!

What a pleasant fellow you are!

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4371 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 18, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure Fripp will have a much better box for ITCOTCK than Queen will ever have. It'll probablly be even better than the 40th anniversary box :D

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9046 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 18, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My predictions:

A compilation album will be released with the movie.

What will they call it this time?

Bohemian Rhapsody, Music from the motion picture soundtrack?
Stone Cold Classic Absolute Hits?
Greatest Definitive Platinum Hits?

There will be nothing Jazz-related, cuz that album bombed (for Queen standards). Pretty much why ADATR never got special treatment either.

Barcelona 30th anniversary re-re-release with and without actual shitty orchestra (which Freddie didn't have the balls to hire at the time)

What i hope to see:

Queen + Adam Lambert album
Live Killers boxset + Kampuchea concert on bluray + inflatable midgets with bowls (for my cocaine)

We love you Mandy!