add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://youtu.be/Y-niIupAOxk

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5167 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchick65, I like Soaked, too, but at the time of the AMAs I thought Adam would have blown everyone away if he had sung Time For Miracles:

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/mEcUq0tmg9Y

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2569 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, love time for miracles but not sure it would have worked live, he did it acoustic the one time he did it live. Don't know why it wasn't more successful, real power ballad but they don't seem that popular any more.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5466 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 21:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someonewholikesadam wrote:

Now I am going to post Adam songs that would have made it to the Top 10 of the pop charts had they been released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JsSXv1t9M4>

How do you know they would have made it to the top 10 if those songs were released? What was done, is done.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Do you know how to READ? I said SOME !!’

I see you trying to kiss ass in the Thunder thread LOL. Go figure.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Your third and fifth links don't seem to work. For me I would have released Soaked as the first song, would have gone down better at the AMA's I reckon. He seemed more interested in doing pop but he doesn't stand out in that genre specifically. I think if he'd gone the more Adele, Sam Smith route and focused on showing his voice he might have had a lot more success. Just my opinion. I keep hoping he'll surprise us.

What genre do you think he stands out in? I think he is a good pop artist. That's how I think of him as a pop act.

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 811 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BwBW, I think he is multi-talented in all genres. Pop and pop ballads. I do think he can also sing rock.

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BwBW Personally I think his voice is way too good for pop or at least the dancey commercial pop music, I know it covers a wider range than that but that's what I think of as pop. For me I love his voice on stuff like Soaked, Stay, Red House and I think he'd kill stuff like Journey and Foreigner, basically any melodic type rock, blues rock, power ballads. Not saying he can't do pop, but there's a lot of competition with a core handful of people who constantly top the charts and get loads of radio play. It's not voice driven so nothing specific stands out about him, he's just another fish in the pond, no one really cares that much about the voice in the commercial pop genre, they just want to listen to the beat and dance etc, esp EDM type stuff. That said stuff like Journey etc probably wouldn't get in the charts or even sell that well, though it should.

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great answer Rockchic but like Adam himself said, everyone talks about his voice and in the end it's just about a catchy pop melody for big success. He's a smart cookie.

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BwBW, I don't know that any of those songs would have made TOP 10 but they are much better than what was released. I saw him perform Trespassing Live when the album first came out. Performance posted below because I know you want t see it. I met him at an after-party that night and told him I hoped Trespassing was next single. He said did too. Then they released Never Close Our Eyes. Worst song on the album. And Another Lonely Night wasn't much better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_XRtEoThdM

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someonewholikesadam I'm hoping he's had a rethink, early last year he said he was making his next album for himself instead of what's trending in the charts. He said he'd stopped listening to the top 40 and started listening again to the stuff he used to like, older stuff, blues, rock glam rock etc. Hopefully the record company will be behind him.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 22:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

BwBW Personally I think his voice is way too good for pop or at least the dancey commercial pop music, I know it covers a wider range than that but that's what I think of as pop. For me I love his voice on stuff like Soaked, Stay, Red House and I think he'd kill stuff like Journey and Foreigner, basically any melodic type rock, blues rock, power ballads. Not saying he can't do pop, but there's a lot of competition with a core handful of people who constantly top the charts and get loads of radio play. It's not voice driven so nothing specific stands out about him, he's just another fish in the pond, no one really cares that much about the voice in the commercial pop genre, they just want to listen to the beat and dance etc, esp EDM type stuff. That said stuff like Journey etc probably wouldn't get in the charts or even sell that well, though it should.

I think he could do power ballads very well. He fkn amazed me with Save Me, and boy I admit I was bowled over by that.No joke, that's my favorite cover I've ever seen/heard him do.
I don't know what he is looking to do genre wise with his solo career. He has changed what he has said about it more than once. Glam rock sound could be interesting... I love that genre of course ;-).
I'm interested in what he does next.

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 22:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BwBW Yeah I loved Save Me, one of my all time favourite Queen songs anyway and he really excelled at that one.

He said the album was done a while ago then he's been back in the studio all January so not sure if he's gone in a different direction or just adding new songs. I suppose regardless what he want's to do the record company will get the final say, just hope they are open to ideas. I've always felt he was chasing what he thought was popular rather than what he really wanted to do, but I could be wrong as he does like to listen to EDM etc as well. He mentioned going for a more live sound, more guitar's etc and mentioned people like Bowie, Prince and George Michael as stuff he was listening to. Guess with the new QAL dates it won't be anytime soon though.

Posted: 02 Feb 18, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BwBW In which genre would put this song? I am certain this would have been a TOP 10 in the US had it been released as a single. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZACqNnO9-E&feature=youtu.be

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Feb 18, 05:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

BwBW Yeah I loved Save Me, one of my all time favourite Queen songs anyway and he really excelled at that one.

He said the album was done a while ago then he's been back in the studio all January so not sure if he's gone in a different direction or just adding new songs. I suppose regardless what he want's to do the record company will get the final say, just hope they are open to ideas. I've always felt he was chasing what he thought was popular rather than what he really wanted to do, but I could be wrong as he does like to listen to EDM etc as well. He mentioned going for a more live sound, more guitar's etc and mentioned people like Bowie, Prince and George Michael as stuff he was listening to. Guess with the new QAL dates it won't be anytime soon though.

I wish he could be just "him" if you know what I mean. Do what he wants to do, but I don't think he has that much pull.
I still can't warm up to Trespassing, but FYE and TOH are my favorite albums by him. I don't think I've ever read him changing his mind so much as he is with his upcoming music. Bluesy, glam rock...he sure piqued my attention for it already.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Feb 18, 05:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someonewholikesadam wrote:

BwBW In which genre would put this song? I am certain this would have been a TOP 10 in the US had it been released as a single. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZACqNnO9-E&feature=youtu.be>

I'd put that into the pop category.

Posted: 03 Feb 18, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BwBW Yeah I know what you mean, I'd love him to have freedom to just do whatever he wanted, would be interesting to see what he came up with.

I like some of the one's on Trespassing - Underneath, Chokehold, Take Back and Outlaws and I don't get why Runnin, By the Rules and Map were only bonus tracks. I think By The Rules especially could have been released and done quite well as a single especially compared to Better than I know myself. https://youtu.be/G3PcFPqjWnI

I did like this live version of BTIKM but not the recorded version that much - https://youtu.be/ABwQBLkp0WE.

Posted: 03 Feb 18, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someonewholikesadam I love Sleepwalker, I would put it as pop rock myself.

Posted: 03 Feb 18, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn't realize Ryan recorded Sleepwalker before he gave it to Adam, they changed the chorus part quite a bit https://youtu.be/fUtii44pbyU

Posted: 03 Feb 18, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn't know that either Rockchic. I love that version!