forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 18, 23:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam doesn’t have to wear a crown or a cape or sit on a couch or a robot or crawl around or talk to the audience. He could just stand in front of a mic like Sam, Adele and Ed Sheeran do and still be a thousand
times more magnificent than those three people are. He does what he does because he is an entertainer and wants to have fun with the audience!

So you aren't even going to try to answer what DOOL is about...LOL.

AL doesn't have to do that? Then when does he?
You aren't the judge of who is magnificent or not. You are hardly unbiased when it comes to you comparing AL to other artists.
At least Adele, Sam and Ed don't have to rely on gimmicks like AL does ;-).

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 18, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Example:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KIdnOFzjlfA

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 01:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are you kidding me? He’s sitting in front of a mic.

This is 2010. Note the shirt he is wearing!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 02:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Are you kidding me? He’s sitting in front of a mic.

This is 2010. Note the shirt he is wearing!

Oh my God, he actually sat down to sing!!!
Or did you post that because it's from 2010 and the Queen shirt he is wearing?
I wish you could explain the reason/s why you post things. I can't read your mind. If you are trying to say there was no gimmicks involved with that, his cosmetics that he is wearing is coming across as gimmicky. ( And yes, I'm well aware Freddie wore it too.)

I hope you eat your words a bit sweetcaroline/CNB. AL just might use falsetto with his upcoming music going by what he posted on Twitter about embracing his falsetto more than ever. I wonder if he does sing that way would you think he sounds like a girl the way you blasted other male artists who used it. You made it very clear what you thought about male voices using falsetto on QOL. You went as far as to state you thought they sound like girls, it was whiny. Looking forward to your thoughts if AL uses falsetto on his upcoming music, but knowing you and your hypocrisies and double standards you might think his falsetto is the best ever.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 05:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, never heard that makeup is gimmicky, but I guess you have to come up with some excuse so you can disagree with Caroline. So, let's try again. How about finding fault with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hj2F5xvGYE NO makeup, NO music, no background, no nothing and one of the toughest songs for singers to sing, that is why so many lip synch or just really suck!

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, that didn't seem to work and I have no idea why. I have never had a problem with a youtube before. So check it out on youtube, Adam Lambert National Anthem (at Miramar)

SweetCaroline

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 05:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You have to take the “s” out of https !!!!

Watching RuPaul on Colbert right now!

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 05:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hj2F5xvGYE Let's see if it works now! Thanks, Caroline!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe this one will work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2n9FZMdDEc&list=RDB2n9FZMdDEc&t=0h0m0s

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Well, never heard that makeup is gimmicky, but I guess you have to come up with some excuse so you can disagree with Caroline. So, let's try again. How about finding fault with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hj2F5xvGYE NO makeup, NO music, no background, no nothing and one of the toughest songs for singers to sing, that is why so many lip synch or just really suck!

Then you don't understand what gimmicky is then? Hell, I'd even say when Freddie and the guys wore cosmetics it was gimmicky. Take IWTBF video for example...but it worked well there.
Of course my views give you another reason to pick, pick, pick at me doesn't it? Not even going to bother watching whatever is in the video.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts

Vocal harmony

Vocal harmony

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 12:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, talk about dissing the military! This was sung at Naval Air Station Miramar in California to honor the sailors that were out to sea and actually doing something to protect all our rights such as complaining on forums. My family is military. My husband served 32 years and my son is serving. So I take great offense at that remark. When I hear the anthem, it makes me proud of my whole family (Dad and brother-in-law also career military) and all the soldiers that are serving and have served! I don't think it is about a singer trying to look good. Adam went there to honor the sailors and to do something nice for the families. He sang it simply and not over the top with lots of embellishments, just as it should be sung.

I chose this one, since Icy always implies Adam is nothing but a big gimmick, which offends me. Here he is on a stage with no music, no anything and he sounds better than almost all the people who sing it. You can choose to think what you like, but Adam's voice doesn't need gimmicks and I think this video shows that. Gimmicks are the rest of entertaining which people nowadays seem to want. It is just like in the movies, where people have to have blow it up, explosions, constant noise or they are not happy. Most people are not going to enjoy Queen doing very personal acoustic shows. I would love it, but I don't think they will fill the arena. That just isn't Queen. They create a spectacle with all the bells and whistles, so Adam performs in that manner. BUT he can just sit and sing his face off, too!

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 16:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yea, Icy, so you are not even going "to bother to watch it"! Just shows how unwilling you are for anyone to have a different viewpoint. People go to the trouble of attempting to discuss something with you and to show you an example to help you understand another viewpoint and you are totally unwilling to look at it, to think about it or to discuss in a civil manner. Well, that is why a lot of folks find you totally frustrating. No point in trying to discuss anything with you ever, I guess!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here’s another example of Adam and a mic (there are many, many examples on YouTube):

Stay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISY6Pz3kxeY&app=desktop

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Caroline! I think he has on a touch of makeup, so probably won't cut it for Icy!!! That is one of my all time favorites that he sings!! Wish he could find a song like that!!!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is charismatic and exciting even when he’s just sitting! LOL