forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5122 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Wow, talk about dissing the military! This was sung at Naval Air Station Miramar in California to honor the sailors that were out to sea and actually doing something to protect all our rights such as complaining on forums. My family is military. My husband served 32 years and my son is serving. So I take great offense at that remark. When I hear the anthem, it makes me proud of my whole family (Dad and brother-in-law also career military) and all the soldiers that are serving and have served! I don't think it is about a singer trying to look good. Adam went there to honor the sailors and to do something nice for the families. He sang it simply and not over the top with lots of embellishments, just as it should be sung.

I chose this one, since Icy always implies Adam is nothing but a big gimmick, which offends me. Here he is on a stage with no music, no anything and he sounds better than almost all the people who sing it. You can choose to think what you like, but Adam's voice doesn't need gimmicks and I think this video shows that. Gimmicks are the rest of entertaining which people nowadays seem to want. It is just like in the movies, where people have to have blow it up, explosions, constant noise or they are not happy. Most people are not going to enjoy Queen doing very personal acoustic shows. I would love it, but I don't think they will fill the arena. That just isn't Queen. They create a spectacle with all the bells and whistles, so Adam performs in that manner. BUT he can just sit and sing his face off, too!

Thanks for the service your family has done.

I offend you because I imply AL is nothing but a big gimmick? Erm hate to break it to you I never said that. Some things he does comes across as gimmicky. The bike, cape, crown, couch are examples in Q+AL show, IMO. That's the things I have been discussing, hell I've even said when Freddie and Queen wore cosmetics it also came across as gimmicky.
Gee, if anything in my post above actually offends you I think you should stick to AL sites. It's clear you want praise only for him...and then you might just be willing to discuss things. I don't know what caused you to be so offended n my post. For sure, you are another Glambert that cries wolf over nothing.

And unlike you, it's rare I speak for others. Yes, I would like Roger and Brian to do unplugged type of show/s. Try something they have never done before. I thnk it would be great. And no it doesn't have to be in stadiums or arenas, there is many smaller venues that I think could suit it. That's my own POV about that.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Yea, Icy, so you are not even going "to bother to watch it"! Just shows how unwilling you are for anyone to have a different viewpoint. People go to the trouble of attempting to discuss something with you and to show you an example to help you understand another viewpoint and you are totally unwilling to look at it, to think about it or to discuss in a civil manner. Well, that is why a lot of folks find you totally frustrating. No point in trying to discuss anything with you ever, I guess!

My choice in what I decide to watch or not. Simple as that, or is my choice not watching offensive to you too?
Not point discussing much with you, it doesn't take much for you to go into a rant and rage. Get a grip.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 19:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam is charismatic and exciting even when he’s just sitting! LOL

See, if that was another artist, you would be saying it would be bland and boring. ;-).

snifflese user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 20:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the only ranting and raging is on your part, Icy. I made a few simple statements, that was it! It is your choice certainly, but don't try to pretend you are discussing when you won't even listen to another's viewpoint. If you don't watch it, you don't understand the point. Yea, I am beginning to think that everything about you is "offensive", since you sound totally irrational to me. You always talk about discussing, but all you do is throw stuff back at people and never have a point yourself. Yea, it is totally frustrating. I always think maybe there might be hope for an exchange with you that was rational, but I guess I will have to avoid. No more remarks to you because it is just futile. Enjoy arguing with yourself, because there is nothing else on this forum! No one wants to read this kind of garbage!!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I think the only ranting and raging is on your part, Icy. I made a few simple statements, that was it! It is your choice certainly, but don't try to pretend you are discussing when you won't even listen to another's viewpoint. If you don't watch it, you don't understand the point. Yea, I am beginning to think that everything about you is "offensive", since you sound totally irrational to me. You always talk about discussing, but all you do is throw stuff back at people and never have a point yourself. Yea, it is totally frustrating. I always think maybe there might be hope for an exchange with you that was rational, but I guess I will have to avoid. No more remarks to you because it is just futile. Enjoy arguing with yourself, because there is nothing else on this forum! No one wants to read this kind of garbage!!

:O
Trying to cover your ass and shift the blame. It's all there in what you post. No, it's not me who twists things and cries that I'm offended the way you do. Did you forget already that you were offended in one of your recent posts? And what you are so offended about ~ something I didn't even post. Good Lord. You don't even know me enough to say everything about me is offensive, for a start. I doubt you know my views about anything else other than Q+AL.
Also don't forget you have done your share of throwing things back in my face. You did that recently about homophobia, and you even took that from another board to point your fingers are me here.
You are not innocent, but it sure is something watching you trip over yourself. Bitch me out, try to shift the blame, be offended and insulted over the least little thing...because you can't handle a view that doesn't agree with yours. Rage and rant on, snifflese, I'm sure you will have something to say to and about me soon enough. You always do.Get that grip cause you need one by the looks of it.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5026 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yup, especially if it is Adele or Sam or even Ed! LOL

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yup, especially if it is Adele or Sam or even Ed! LOL

And there you have it. You are full of hypocrisies. AL can do anything and everything, and it is "magnificent".
Adele, Sam and Ed are more popular than AL. That's what it boils down to. That's your main gripe and jealousy showing time and time again.

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 18, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Love Adam doing stay but I think this one has clearer sound and I love the high bit he throws in. https://youtu.be/2wcsfYEPobo

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Jan 18, 00:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://youtu.be/2wcsfYEPobo

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 18, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflese, at what point did I diss the military, your countries or anyone else's.

Had I wanted to comment on anyone's military service, actions or policies I would have done so using words, like military, navy, soldiers, marines,action, war etc. I didn't, so don't turn what I said which was a musical observation into some kind of pro military comment because that IS NOT what I was talking about and I'm sorry but a fail to believe that you are stupid enough to read a post about singing with no mention of the military, your husband or your son and somehow pur your own none subjective argument forward as an answer!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 26 Jan 18, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

Snifflese, at what point did I diss the military, your countries or anyone else's.

Had I wanted to comment on anyone's military service, actions or policies I would have done so using words, like military, navy, soldiers, marines,action, war etc. I didn't, so don't turn what I said which was a musical observation into some kind of pro military comment because that IS NOT what I was talking about and I'm sorry but a fail to believe that you are stupid enough to read a post about singing with no mention of the military, your husband or your son and somehow pur your own none subjective argument forward as an answer!

You did nothing wrong at all. Some people just look and want to be insulted and offended by anything and everything. Actually, she seems to fit that type, plus twisting things that are not even said. A well known tactic of hers, and a shitty tactic at that.

Vocal harmony

Posted: 26 Jan 18, 23:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bullet with Butterfly Wings wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

You did nothing wrong at all. Some people just look and want to be insulted and offended by anything and everything. Actually, she seems to fit that type, plus twisting things that are not even said. A well known tactic of hers, and a shitty tactic at that.

Yes you're right. Kind of forming an opinion as to why both her husband and now her son elected to be employed in a job that meant they could spend as much time as possible away from her! ;)

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Jan 18, 02:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

Bullet with Butterfly Wings wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

Yes you're right. Kind of forming an opinion as to why both her husband and now her son elected to be employed in a job that meant they could spend as much time as possible away from her! ;)

Burn and mic drop at the same time! ;-)

SweetCaroline

Posted: 27 Jan 18, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe the guys will consider resurrecting this song for the Oceania leg of their tour?

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/ttzL6irE8Hk

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Jan 18, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it would be extremely unlikely if that song ended up being a part of the set list.
I think there will be little if any changes, the upcoming tour isn't a long one.

Vocal harmony

Posted: 28 Jan 18, 12:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The inclusion of that song at the time was a nod to the record companies investment in the band and the then current album which they felt they should reflect and advertise in some way live.

I really liked that version of the song but I don't see it returning. They do seem more willing to try different material in the US but seem to play it safe in other territories.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 28 Jan 18, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For those who periodically express their wish that QAL would record together I think “Love Kills” could have been the perfect song to release instead of a whole album of new songs. They have chosen to stay with Queen hits so it appears to be “too late” to issue anything like that anymore!

Vocal harmony

Posted: 28 Jan 18, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

For those who periodically express their wish that QAL would record together I think “Love Kills” could have been the perfect song to release instead of a whole album of new songs. They have chosen to stay with Queen hits so it appears to be “too late” to issue anything like that anymore!

Why would they start re recording songs that Freddie has already recorded.

If they record an album or just a handful of songs with Lambert they will be new, but I don't think Brian and Roger have much interest in writing and recoding as Queen. Time will tell

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 28 Jan 18, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Why would they start re recording songs that Freddie has already recorded.

If they record an album or just a handful of songs with Lambert they will be new, but I don't think Brian and Roger have much interest in writing and recoding as Queen. Time will tell

We'll come on now. It took five writers to come up with something like TwoFux. ALs strong suit isn't his writing.
I think the best days of Brian's and Roger's writing good songs are over. Last time they really had "it" was in the late 90s with their solo careers. Maybe TCR gave them pause for thought about recording even under the Q+ banner.

Vocal harmony

Posted: 28 Jan 18, 23:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the problem Queen as a recording unit have is that they have a lot of familiar faces around them more often than not agreeing with all that's said. The yes man attitude protects the pay cheques.

The Cosmos Rocks suffered because of this and the fact Brian was devoting time to doctorate studies. The album could have been a lot better had they had a good producer who wouldn't be afraid to say no do it again! It also suffered from no real record company interest in gaining a foot hold in the market.

Of course like Miss Butterfly Wings says, Lambert can't write so it would put more pressure on BM and RT, I'm sure they wouldn't entertain having another four or five writers.