Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > 1978.11.14 Providence - fix

forum rss feed
Author

softcalavera2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 04:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you !! a torrent ?? please !! i have restriction with mega.

tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1622 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 06:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for this.

Here is a torrent for those who need it:

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: 20181121839721881.torrent 14 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 33 time(s).

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11125 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This sounds very good indeed, thanks to all concerned

Sam99 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 127 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bob, thank you and the taper of course for allowing access to this wonderful music after 40 years

White-Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you so much for this :-D

When they stop buying our records then I`ll just say goodbye, and do something else, become a strip artist or something (Freddie Mercury)
cmi user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmi
Bohemian: 904 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bob, thanks a lot for your effort.

DepeX user not visiting Queenzone.com
DepeX
Royalty: 1026 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very nice, thank you.

"I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend"
pmatsynot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 262 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for this Real Wizard

softcalavera2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 241 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you tcc for the torrent.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 19645 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bootLuca wrote:

Thank you very much!
Why there are great recording from US "a day at the races"and US jazz tour and not from US "news of the world" tour?
;-)

Because the NOTW tour had fewer dates !?

But it's still pretty disproportionate. The only great sounding audience tape from the US NOTW tour is Detroit, and it still isn't as good as the best Races or Jazz tapes.

The mysteries of life.

Although I do recall about 10-15 years ago someone posting on this forum saying there was a far better tape of one of the December 77 MSG gigs, but that we would never hear it for whatever hoarding reason it was.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
The Real Wizard

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chinwonder2 wrote:

Here’s what I hear before STL:

I’m sorry, I just can’t get into it. I saw them on A Night At The opera their first American tour.

"...and it was nothing like this."

This is some first hand insight into American fans being put off the band's change in direction. The Jazz album was not well received, and the show was more direct rock and roll and less artful than previous tours. Even after just two songs you can hear the disappointment.

A lot of people were losing interest in Queen by 77-78, but nothing compared to the 80s, of course. Most of the older rock bands were losing the plot in the late 70s in one way or another. Queen were one of the few who were able to reinvent themselves as a pop band, but most of the rock fans who loved the 74-76 era jumped ship at one point or another - there is no doubt about that. Just like how a ton of Rush fans took off around Signals or Grace Under Pressure.

Myself - I'm just a guy listening in hindsight, as I was too young to be there. And it still sounds good to my ears.

Glad you're all enjoying the tape ! It's definitely one of the best.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3254 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brighton Rock (and its instrumental inferno) is one of the best. What an awesome musical performance.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
The Real Wizard

Posted: 12 Jan 18, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregsynth wrote:

Brighton Rock (and its instrumental inferno) is one of the best. What an awesome musical performance.

Yep. You can hear the Live Killers version in its infancy.

RedSpecialTones user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 13 Jan 18, 11:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks a Lot for this GREAT Performance..guys....
Do you have a cover for this wonder? ... many thanks

Kamenliter user not visiting Queenzone.com
Kamenliter
Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 18, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gracias, Senor.

Viper user not visiting Queenzone.com
Viper
Bohemian: 476 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 18, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thx!

tassilo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1742 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 18, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much.

*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1193 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 18, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saturday, November 11th, 1978, on a sunny and relatively warm late autumn day, we travelled to see the band in Kalamazoo (still my favorite concert of all time). Let me just say that this Providence show is absolute ‘gold’ to me. I got ahold of the Montreal concert two decades ago. The closest performance in time to Kzoo. I’ve since listened to other NA shows in the past decade (minus hand claps;-))……but this is the most special to me.

Comments to previous posters "...and it was nothing like this." Let me take you back in time for that evening and following weekend. The sound, songs, and the band had a ‘harder edge’, which we enjoyed. We also thought that Freddie’s look was spoofing the punk movement. (Hell, what did we know then?)

A couple of other things to keep in mind. I saw them on the ADATR tour (schedule conflict for NOTW). This night, four rows up from ‘center ice’ on Brian’s side, it took us a bit by surprise when the lights dimmed, we heard the thunder, a huge lighting rig rises from barely above the drum kit, a tune that 90% in attendance were not familiar with, and then you realize it is Queen on stage (no warm up band, unlike ALL the concerts I’d previously attended). I’m thinking, ‘OK….I guess they’ve certainly changed that song….., so much for the studio version.” And then two of the next three songs are unknowns, as the LP didn’t hit these shores until the 14th. The medley was different, and confusing (then). GDML was a visual treat. ‘Now I’m Here’ still kicked axe, and ‘Spread Your Wings’ was a pleasant surprise.

We had never seen the drop down stage, heard the acoustic set, the versions, or one of those songs (damn, was that sing along fun though). ‘Brighton Rock’ was in its growing stages. FBG was great, but that extra instrumental, not on the 45 versions we’d heard the previous two weeks, was different. KYA was smokin’. I get to see BoRhap, for the second time in its ‘entirety’. My buddy leans over screaming ‘’ (in a good way). To follow, I’m thinking ‘Liar’?, ‘In the Lap of the Gods’? Instead, it’s the song that opened my last Queen concert (complete with unexpected flash bombs). Encore time: gotta be ‘Stone Cold Crazy’. Nope. Second encore: a rock n roll medley? A cover? ‘Liar’? ‘Lap of the Gods’? Well, they gotta play WATC, right? Which they did......eventually;-) And amongst all the fog and crashing final chords, as the pizza oven tilts backwards, the lights shining outwards, a great frickin concert is soon to end. An unexpected treat (for most) follows, as the pizza oven menacingly lowers while the tape of GSTQ provides one last visual treat for an already fantastic evening.

The following Friday, I was finally able to purchase the LP. As we’re listening at a friend’s house with an absolutely killer stereo, the questions and commentary went along the lines of: ‘Didn’t play that song, oh, there’s that instrumental in FBG, didn’t play this,…hey, wasn’t that the one they played after WWRY fast? ah, here’s that sing along song…..Did they play this one?’ etc

Sorry for rambling. I still haven't said 'thank you'. I’ve listened to this concert twice in the past week.

Thanks to the taper. Thanks for sharing. Thanks to all who had a hand in making the Providence show available. I felt like I was at Wings Stadium again on a most special night.

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
rhapsody8 user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhapsody8
Bohemian: 760 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 18, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much...

Get your head down baby - we're gonna ride tonight...
The Real Wizard

Posted: 17 Feb 18, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*goodco* wrote:

Saturday, November 11th, 1978, on a sunny and relatively warm late autumn day, we travelled to see the band in Kalamazoo (still my favorite concert of all time). Let me just say that this Providence show is absolute ‘gold’ to me. I got ahold of the Montreal concert two decades ago. The closest performance in time to Kzoo. I’ve since listened to other NA shows in the past decade (minus hand claps;-))……but this is the most special to me.

Comments to previous posters "...and it was nothing like this." Let me take you back in time for that evening and following weekend. The sound, songs, and the band had a ‘harder edge’, which we enjoyed. We also thought that Freddie’s look was spoofing the punk movement. (Hell, what did we know then?)

A couple of other things to keep in mind. I saw them on the ADATR tour (schedule conflict for NOTW). This night, four rows up from ‘center ice’ on Brian’s side, it took us a bit by surprise when the lights dimmed, we heard the thunder, a huge lighting rig rises from barely above the drum kit, a tune that 90% in attendance were not familiar with, and then you realize it is Queen on stage (no warm up band, unlike ALL the concerts I’d previously attended). I’m thinking, ‘OK….I guess they’ve certainly changed that song….., so much for the studio version.” And then two of the next three songs are unknowns, as the LP didn’t hit these shores until the 14th. The medley was different, and confusing (then). GDML was a visual treat. ‘Now I’m Here’ still kicked axe, and ‘Spread Your Wings’ was a pleasant surprise.

We had never seen the drop down stage, heard the acoustic set, the versions, or one of those songs (damn, was that sing along fun though). ‘Brighton Rock’ was in its growing stages. FBG was great, but that extra instrumental, not on the 45 versions we’d heard the previous two weeks, was different. KYA was smokin’. I get to see BoRhap, for the second time in its ‘entirety’. My buddy leans over screaming ‘’ (in a good way). To follow, I’m thinking ‘Liar’?, ‘In the Lap of the Gods’? Instead, it’s the song that opened my last Queen concert (complete with unexpected flash bombs). Encore time: gotta be ‘Stone Cold Crazy’. Nope. Second encore: a rock n roll medley? A cover? ‘Liar’? ‘Lap of the Gods’? Well, they gotta play WATC, right? Which they did......eventually;-) And amongst all the fog and crashing final chords, as the pizza oven tilts backwards, the lights shining outwards, a great frickin concert is soon to end. An unexpected treat (for most) follows, as the pizza oven menacingly lowers while the tape of GSTQ provides one last visual treat for an already fantastic evening.

The following Friday, I was finally able to purchase the LP. As we’re listening at a friend’s house with an absolutely killer stereo, the questions and commentary went along the lines of: ‘Didn’t play that song, oh, there’s that instrumental in FBG, didn’t play this,…hey, wasn’t that the one they played after WWRY fast? ah, here’s that sing along song…..Did they play this one?’ etc

Sorry for rambling. I still haven't said 'thank you'. I’ve listened to this concert twice in the past week.

Thanks to the taper. Thanks for sharing. Thanks to all who had a hand in making the Providence show available. I felt like I was at Wings Stadium again on a most special night.

Man, I love these stories. Thanks for sharing.