Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QUEEN+ADAM LAMBERT DO VEGAS

forum rss feed
Author

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 811 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 May 18, 22:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure you loyal Queen fans will have a real feast with this one.

GrowUpGlamberts user not visiting Queenzone.com
GrowUpGlamberts
Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 00:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Mercury said:

The things you do for money.

Sell out of the highest order. At least they're honest about this being nothing more than a cabaret act now. Shameful.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 00:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GrowUpGlamberts wrote:

Freddie Mercury said:

The things you do for money.

Sell out of the highest order. At least they're honest about this being nothing more than a cabaret act now. Shameful.

To save money, The Crown Jewels tagline that was used for a Queen box set a few years back, is being used for these shows, even the same font. Actually, it's very disappointing that its being used for anything to do with Q+AL. It wasn't the best idea, IMO. Too bad something original wasn't used, then again I'm not surprised, as it seems AL is fit in everywhere possible Brian and Roger, or the PTB can think of. Now that, I think is shameful.

And I'm not holding my breath that things will be that different set list wise. I'd like to be wrong, but rehearsals don't seem to be a piroity for the guys.

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1450 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who's Vegas?

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 811 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 02:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hardy har har Alex

gerbenletzer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How is this much different from the Sun City residency?

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gerbenletzer wrote:

How is this much different from the Sun City residency?

It's not really except they won't get the same political flak they got for that one. Can't see the problem with it, loads of big names are doing Vegas, it's no longer just a cabaret place. If it's good enough for guns n roses et al then why not QAL.

Cruella de Vil user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cruella de Vil
Bohemian: 452 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 06:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can see the package deals now: accommodation, Killer Queen Vodka, bottle of Moet et Chandon, Queen Monopoly, Badger Backgammon, free Tattoo from Roger's Tattoo artist, Biba nail polish from Adam's collection ("Freddie would have loved it") and a a minister in Elvis drag will marry you whilst circled by naked girls on Bicycles. The Pepsi ad with Brittany, Pink and Beyonce will be the show opener.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 07:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cruella de Vil wrote:

I can see the package deals now: accommodation, Killer Queen Vodka, bottle of Moet et Chandon, Queen Monopoly, Badger Backgammon, free Tattoo from Roger's Tattoo artist, Biba nail polish from Adam's collection ("Freddie would have loved it") and a a minister in Elvis drag will marry you whilst circled by naked girls on Bicycles. The Pepsi ad with Brittany, Pink and Beyonce will be the show opener.

That's brilliant ;-).

Don't Stop Them Now, because they created a Dragon Attack and an Invisible Man while realizing There Must Be More Than Life Than This In The World We Created..
At the place where A Kind Of Magic took over because Fun It was the name of The Game where the most important questions was asked Was It All Worth It in the name of For Your Entertainment.
A very Shady TwoFux was needed during A Time For Miracles to keep Runnin' from the Chinesse Touture where everyone ended up singing Friends Will Be Friends in the places called Barcelona and Ghost Town when the Night Comes Down for the Queenies and Glamberts.

*Drunk post* ;-).

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9600 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Cruella de Vil wrote:

That's brilliant ;-).

Don't Stop Them Now, because they created a Dragon Attack and an Invisible Man while realizing There Must Be More Than Life Than This In The World We Created..
At the place where A Kind Of Magic took over because Fun It was the name of The Game where the most important questions was asked Was It All Worth It in the name of For Your Entertainment.
A very Shady TwoFux was needed during A Time For Miracles to keep Runnin' from the Chinesse Touture where everyone ended up singing Friends Will Be Friends in the places called Barcelona and Ghost Town when the Night Comes Down for the Queenies and Glamberts.

*Drunk post* ;-).

Ugh...

We love you Mandy!
Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 883 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They can save themselves... and I sincerely doubt they would do this, by playing homage to their 10 best known albums. 1 on each night. Not the whole album but a select
3-5 song medley... SHA, ANATO, ADATR, NOTW, Jazz, the game, the works, AKOM, the miracle and innuendo.

That would be the only tasteful way to turn this from sell out to a proper celebration and give better meaning to Crown Jewels.

Anyone asking why I left out queen and queen ii - I’m a reasonable man.

Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 883 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also, I’m pretty confident there will be 4K blu-ray release of this. I also imagine this residency in addition to being a straightforward cash grab, is a way to plug the movie.

snifflese user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, obviously Brian and Roger don't feel that inserting AL into pretty much all of Queen's business is shameful, so it doesn't really matter what you think. After 6 years AL is part of the Queen family to the members of QAL and he is treated as such. All that matter is what Brian and Roger and the other guys think and they oviously think this will be a resounding success and that Queen Jewels is an awesome name. Why reinvent the wheel? All sorts of big names are hitting Vegas and I am sure it will be all sorts of fun for Brian, Roger, and Adam and for all the adoring fans that will get to see this show!

Captain Joy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Captain Joy
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I join the Queen Fan Club now, do you think I'll get a Fan Club Pre-Order link sent to me in the next 1.5 hours?

TwoFuxSux user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it makes Brian, Roger and Adam happy, more power to them. The limited engagement is probably indicative that this will be a success (less dates all around the same time = better chances for sold out shows). But if we return to the original topic of "loyal Queen fans," it gets dicey.

1. This will no doubt the deepen rift between the superfan no-Queen-without-Freddie skeptics and the Q+AL supporters (whether they are diehards or casual supporters). The hardliners have already been on the fence for a while because they were ambivalent about their favorite band touring with an Idol contestant described as "theatrical." Now they have much more reason to argue this because of this new vehicle, regardless of the success of the arena tours. Is this rock 'n roll or theatre? They have much more ammo to discredit this era as merely the latter.

2. It is not a good look for Brian and Roger, executive producers of "Bohemian Rhapsody", to be missing his birthday party in Montreux this year to promote the film. Even if their hearts are in the right place, they are willfully choosing to be playing a theater in Vegas that day (with a singer which the hardliners view as a mediocre replacement, no less - their words, not mine). Even if Freddie would have wanted them to continue Queen by playing live in this fashion, for two guys that were quite vocal about the progress of the movie, missing this day and not being with the fans in Switzerland is poor optics of their priorities.

3. Comparing this to the Sun City 1984 shows, while interesting, is not exactly a fair comparison. Remember that Queen was already an established and relevant rock band at that time with a much larger core base. Plus, these were their only shows on that continent in their history up to that point. Queen + Adam Lambert is certainly successful in its own right, but it is viewed, in part, as a nostalgia act even if it continues the legacy of the original. The Sun City concerts were held at a time when the band was more concerned with keeping their fan base on the heels of "Hot Space" than grow it the same way Q+AL is trying to do.

So I guess I'm ambivalent about it more from a perspective of the marketing of this group than its musical merits. I hope it's successful and a good time for all who choose to take part, but don't be surprised if there are Queen loyalists or even casual fans that are discouraged by this move.

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From my personal experience: the group of die-hard fans is really small. The group of die-hards, who have a problem with what Brian and Roger are doing, is even smaller.
They are just very vocal on some internet-sites, but that won‘t stop thousands of other fans (diehards and casuals) to enjoy it.

I certainly don‘t care for Vegas, but if Brian, Roger and Adam want this: So be it.

Besides, Brian and Roger were often not attending Freddie‘s birthday. It‘s not even a special one. Maybe they can send a “Hello“ from Vegas :)

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5922 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

6-7pm Buffet
8pm Queen+Lambert
9pm Puppet Show
10pm Penn & Teller

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
GrowUpGlamberts user not visiting Queenzone.com
GrowUpGlamberts
Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They need to stop trying to sell ping pong to tennis fans. At least now they're open about who they really are now.

Captain Joy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Captain Joy
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn't need to join the Queen Fan Club to get the code. It was sent in a QueenOnline email.