Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QUEEN+ADAM LAMBERT DO VEGAS

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5031 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Aug 18, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And, as usual, icy gets the last word! LOL!!!!!


Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Aug 18, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

And, as usual, icy gets the last word! LOL!!!!!


One of weak "comebacks". LOL. Jokes on you. You can't give the last word or any word on QOL for nearly a year from now. LMAO.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5031 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Aug 18, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don’t care! Because no one is free to speak over there. Not even you! You have been banned, too! And for sure I had nothing to do with that one!

Can we please free up this thread for whatever comes along with the Vegas residency?


Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I don’t care! Because no one is free to speak over there. Not even you! You have been banned, too! And for sure I had nothing to do with that one!

Can we please free up this thread for whatever comes along with the Vegas residency?


Why bring it up and continue to blame me each and every time you are banned? And even the bans of others? What gives? What bloody proof do you have of it? Nothing!
Yes, I've been banned. I've actually tried to learn something from it. I can't say the same about you. Did you see me running around placing blame when and after I was banned? Nope. My ban was very confusing, but it got sorted out. Do you think you are helping yourself by what you say here at times? You aren't. You have more than a beef with QOL and some of it's members.
Enjoy the shows, sweetcaroline. I hope for more good surprises in the Vegas run. I will be discussing the shows.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5031 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 02:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only beef I have had with QOL is that they have been very nasty to Adam and even to Brian and Roger as well.

Some are coming around but the mod is ridiculous!


Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 02:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

The only beef I have had with QOL is that they have been very nasty to Adam and even to Brian and Roger as well.

Some are coming around but the mod is ridiculous!


No it's so much more than that. Accusing people of homophobia is serious. And you went overboard with it a few times and it was and always will be untrue that QOL members don't accept AL because he is gay.
I think you had it pretty damn good on QOL, but you messed up. I have messed up too, but I have actually learned from it. Thing with you, is that you think you did nothing wrong.
Is it that important to you everyone falls over themselves about AL? I think it is.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5031 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 07:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It has never been about Adam and about accepting HIM. It has been about accepting the QAL collaboration, especially the ones who accepted the Paul R. collaboration but could not accept the Adam one and would not give it a chance, constantly dissing and mocking it.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

It has never been about Adam and about accepting HIM. It has been about accepting the QAL collaboration, especially the ones who accepted the Paul R. collaboration but could not accept the Adam one and would not give it a chance, constantly dissing and mocking it.



It has been about accepting AL. Why on Earth would you say he wasn't accepted on QOL because he was gay in one of your last posts over there? You were wrong to state that.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There were plenty of remarks from people who post on QOL that sounded a lot like homophobia. I have asked many times on here, Icy, ""Do you not remember Fairy Dandy and his remarks?" They were no different than some of the velied remarks (and not so veiled remarks) by our two resident jerks. There were plenty of people on QOL who talked about too camp, effeminate, high voice, clothes choices, make up,derogatory and other things that can easily be construed as homophobia. I am not a particularly PC person, but you must have been reading a different board than I did all those years, because there were definitely homophobic remark and a lot of them. They have toned down in the last year or so, but there were plenty and the tone was defintely homophobic from some long time posters over the last 8-9 years. I had asked several times how someone could say whatever it was that he said about Adam, because Freddie was also gay? That truly confounds me. A gay Freddie is fine, but a gay Adam is not. Mind boogling for anyone bit a crazy only Freddie fan.

I think Carline is right on in her assessment of that board and since you belong in the crazy only Freddie fan group maybe you just didn't notice it. It was pretty obvious. It just wasn't obvious to the mod who let terrible things be said, but banned for posting something more than once and you don't think there is a problem on that board?

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

There were plenty of remarks from people who post on QOL that sounded a lot like homophobia. I have asked many times on here, Icy, ""Do you not remember Fairy Dandy and his remarks?" They were no different than some of the velied remarks (and not so veiled remarks) by our two resident jerks. There were plenty of people on QOL who talked about too camp, effeminate, high voice, clothes choices, make up,derogatory and other things that can easily be construed as homophobia. I am not a particularly PC person, but you must have been reading a different board than I did all those years, because there were definitely homophobic remark and a lot of them. They have toned down in the last year or so, but there were plenty and the tone was defintely homophobic from some long time posters over the last 8-9 years. I had asked several times how someone could say whatever it was that he said about Adam, because Freddie was also gay? That truly confounds me. A gay Freddie is fine, but a gay Adam is not. Mind boogling for anyone bit a crazy only Freddie fan.

I think Carline is right on in her assessment of that board and since you belong in the crazy only Freddie fan group maybe you just didn't notice it. It was pretty obvious. It just wasn't obvious to the mod who let terrible things be said, but banned for posting something more than once and you don't think there is a problem on that board?


What was said wasn't homophobia.
I belong in that crazy Freddie fan group you say. Did you ever see me running around claiming homophobia regarding Freddie over nothing? No, you didn't and no you couldn't.
Homophobia is what some butthurt Glamberts claimed when they read something they didn't like on QOL...that was the problem. Not liking what AL wore, or how he sang, is not homophobic...and I will stand by that.
Pretty sure you will come back at me for my post.


SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5031 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you consider mocking and labeling someone “ladyboy” homophobic?

I think they couldn’t stand that Adam is such a dynamic singer and entertainer and thought if they showed approval they would be taking away from Freddie, so their solution was to insult him and tear him down. I, too, have been absolutely horrified that people so accepting of a gay Freddie have been so outright nasty to a gay Adam. I thought they would love that Brian and Roger had found such a perfect fit for their music.

The first time I was banned was because I got caught in the middle of a bait and switch discussion of homophobia, but the instigators went scot Free! Mind boggling!


Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Do you consider mocking and labeling someone “ladyboy” homophobic?

I think they couldn’t stand that Adam is such a dynamic singer and entertainer and thought if they showed approval they would be taking away from Freddie, so their solution was to insult him and tear him down. I, too, have been absolutely horrified that people so accepting of a gay Freddie have been so outright nasty to a gay Adam. I thought they would love that Brian and Roger had found such a perfect fit for their music.

The first time I was banned was because I got caught in the middle of a bait and switch discussion of homophobia, but the instigators went scot Free! Mind boggling!


I have head much worse than ladyboy. You'd probably be shocked if you knew what i used to be called and even what I went through with homophobia. Ladyboy is no big to me honestly.
Again, you are wrong. Some people just didn't like AL. And that's ok. No one is mandated to like him. Own minds and all that. I know for a fact you hate some of the music that I like. Do you see me saying you are homophobic because you don't like Sam Smith?
What was that discussion about? Are you blaming homophobia for one of your bans now? You came here three times blaming me.


snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, Your post makes no sense. Of course no one ever says anything like that about Freddie (and no one ever should about anyone who is gay just to be clear!). My post was that die hard Queen fans don't find anything Freddie did would be considered gay, but let Adam do something the same or very similar and out come the veiled or not so veiled homophobic remarks. It has nothing to do with butthurt, it has to do with decency. I comprehend English very well and those remarks were often homophobic, that is what some of the posters meant for sure, I don't think it is appropriate in the first place and I never will understand why one gay man gets a pass and the other one doesn't. For me some of Freddie's outfits and mannerisms at times certainly should have bothered those posters who call out those things on Adam. But Adam always gets the veiled remarks, which are ridiculous. Let Freddie wear a sparkling onesie and ballet shoes and it is quite OK. Let Adam wear one of his less out there outfits and it is to much for the very same people. Freddie can mince around the stage, but not Adam. How is it different,? But somehow it is to the crazy Freddie fans! There would be no reason for you to complain about homophobia with Freddie, because there isn't any ( which is a good thing, but not when Adam takes crap for it!).

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 23:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, Your post makes no sense. Of course no one ever says anything like that about Freddie (and no one ever should about anyone who is gay just to be clear!). My post was that die hard Queen fans don't find anything Freddie did would be considered gay, but let Adam do something the same or very similar and out come the veiled or not so veiled homophobic remarks. It has nothing to do with butthurt, it has to do with decency. I comprehend English very well and those remarks were often homophobic, that is what some of the posters meant for sure, I don't think it is appropriate in the first place and I never will understand why one gay man gets a pass and the other one doesn't. For me some of Freddie's outfits and mannerisms at times certainly should have bothered those posters who call out those things on Adam. But Adam always gets the veiled remarks, which are ridiculous. Let Freddie wear a sparkling onesie and ballet shoes and it is quite OK. Let Adam wear one of his less out there outfits and it is to much for the very same people. Freddie can mince around the stage, but not Adam. How is it different,? But somehow it is to the crazy Freddie fans! There would be no reason for you to complain about homophobia with Freddie, because there isn't any ( which is a good thing, but not when Adam takes crap for it!).


What Freddie did onstage was usually during Queen shows. What AL does during Q+AL shows, it isn't his shows to begin with and 99% of the time, it's not AL's music.That there is a big difference than what Freddie and AL did onxtage.
I've been a member on QOL since 2007. I only read one homophobic post and that was about Freddie, not AL. QOL has a bad reputation with many Glamberts, I think Glamberts expected everyone to love AL singng Queen songs right off the bat.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5031 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’m at another live concert waiting to see Boy George/Culture Club — Adam’s buddy!


Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 23:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guys, you‘re running in circles. Yawn!


And:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

What Freddie did onstage was usually during Queen shows. What AL does during Q+AL shows, it isn't his shows to begin with and 99% of the time, it's not AL's music.That there is a big difference than what Freddie and AL did onxtage.


I disagree in the point, that these are not AL‘s shows. I guess, we can all agree, that this is not Queen, but Queen + Adam Lambert. When it‘s not also his show, why is his name in the title?

These are Brian‘s, Roger‘s and Adam‘s shows. And they can do whatever they want. Yes, Adam as well. As long as Brian and Roger approve.

And no, nobody has to like it. But that‘s how it is.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5031 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 23:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’m wearing my QAL robot shirt and the usher told me he met Adam and the Queen guys when they were here last year. His job was to guard Adam’s dressing room. Adam would give him a high five when he came out! What a guy!


Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I’m at another live concert waiting to see Boy George/Culture Club — Adam’s buddy!


Enjoy!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I’m at another live concert waiting to see Boy George/Culture Club — Adam’s buddy!


Lucky duck. Enjoy.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 18, 23:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

Guys, you‘re running in circles. Yawn!


And:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

What Freddie did onstage was usually during Queen shows. What AL does during Q+AL shows, it isn't his shows to begin with and 99% of the time, it's not AL's music.That there is a big difference than what Freddie and AL did onxtage.


I disagree in the point, that these are not AL‘s shows. I guess, we can all agree, that this is not Queen, but Queen + Adam Lambert. When it‘s not also his show, why is his name in the title?

These are Brian‘s, Roger‘s and Adam‘s shows. And they can do whatever they want. Yes, Adam as well. As long as Brian and Roger approve.

And no, nobody has to like it. But that‘s how it is.


Well, AL does what he wants for sure. Honestly, my take some of it would be better off left for his own shows.
I will never think of these shows as Adam's. I wish I knew exactly what input he had for these shows.