forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5121 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Aug 18, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes, they do! Sounds like one man singing, not two!

No they don't. At all.
I think you are doing this on purpose.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Aug 18, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Sorry but they don't sound alike at all to me.

Thank you! No, they really don't sound alike. So much for sweetcaroline never comparing the two!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5026 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 18, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They don’t sound alike on other songs but on BoRhap, they do, especially at the end!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Aug 18, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

They don’t sound alike on other songs but on BoRhap, they do, especially at the end!

You don't know much about Freddie's voice, I take it? They do not sound alike at all.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Aug 18, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know all about Freddie’s voice!!!!!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Aug 18, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I know all about Freddie’s voice!!!!!

Somehow I very much doubt it. But I will bite. What do you know about it?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Aug 18, 01:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lack of response says everything.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 211 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 18, 06:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Took a week of from this place. Of course came back to see the same old shit. 4 threads or so repeating repeating. Repeating. Fuck runner. Fuck happy. Fuck Caroline. That said, whole song is great, but last couple minutes is otherworldly....

http://youtu.be/GmXbG9ezXS8

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 Aug 18, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, don’t you dare put me in the same category as “runner” and “happystar.”

I post facts, not garbage and innuendo!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Aug 18, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Hey, don’t you dare put me in the same category as “runner” and “happystar.”

I post facts, not garbage and innuendo!

Tweets, world clocks, glowing articles, posts about how goo looking AL is for you, how sexy he is, how he is like a second son to you...
Some of that is garbage no doubt.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 18, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is nothing wrong with tweets, articles and posts and most of them have zero to do with how good looking Adam is. Normally they have to do with his voice and that QAL is quite a show. None of those things are necessarily Caroline's view ( although I am sure she agrees with them, as do I for the most part!), whereas all the crap from Runner and Happy is a bunch of their biased opinions with nothing to back them up. Just because one is old, it doesn't mean that you can't appreicate how someone looks and it doesn't mean you lust after them. The two have nothing to do with one another. When I was a kid, I found Elvis to be a piece of eye candy and I still do, but it is like appreciating a fine painting, not a lustful thing. You just acknowledge that this is a reality for you as an individual. You have to be dead before you don't notice if a person is "hot" or not! Adam is a very nice looking young man who reminds me of Elvis who was my first celebrity "crush" at 12 years old! I got two of his albums for my 12th birthday and they were sitting on the sofa when I got home that day. I was pretty excited!! To this day I still love Elvis and am always sad at how young he died. People can love Adam like that. It isn't a real thing, more like a fantasy. I don't see the problem with that unless it becomes an obsession and for some Freddie fans, that is what I think the problem is.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Aug 18, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

There is nothing wrong with tweets, articles and posts and most of them have zero to do with how good looking Adam is. Normally they have to do with his voice and that QAL is quite a show. None of those things are necessarily Caroline's view ( although I am sure she agrees with them, as do I for the most part!), whereas all the crap from Runner and Happy is a bunch of their biased opinions with nothing to back them up. Just because one is old, it doesn't mean that you can't appreicate how someone looks and it doesn't mean you lust after them. The two have nothing to do with one another. When I was a kid, I found Elvis to be a piece of eye candy and I still do, but it is like appreciating a fine painting, not a lustful thing. You just acknowledge that this is a reality for you as an individual. You have to be dead before you don't notice if a person is "hot" or not! Adam is a very nice looking young man who reminds me of Elvis who was my first celebrity "crush" at 12 years old! I got two of his albums for my 12th birthday and they were sitting on the sofa when I got home that day. I was pretty excited!! To this day I still love Elvis and am always sad at how young he died. People can love Adam like that. It isn't a real thing, more like a fantasy. I don't see the problem with that unless it becomes an obsession and for some Freddie fans, that is what I think the problem is.

Name one Freddie fan who has gone on and on about how Freddie looks, especially the way sweetcaroline does about ALs looks. I don't see anyone doing it. Obviously, sweetcaroline puts much into how he looks, considering all the posts she has made about it.
Sweetcaroline uses Queen boards to lust over AL. At least QOL has a ten month break from that and her crap.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 Aug 18, 20:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh my God if I am “lusting” after Adam I must be a pretty cool chick at my age! LOL

Like snifflese, I saw the resemblance to Elvis the first time I saw him. Since then I am more impressed with his gracious personality and amazing stage presence and vocal ability.

Icy, I read Sam is coming to Canada so maybe you will have a chance to see YOUR “idol” this year.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Aug 18, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Oh my God if I am “lusting” after Adam I must be a pretty cool chick at my age! LOL

Like snifflese, I saw the resemblance to Elvis the first time I saw him. Since then I am more impressed with his gracious personality and amazing stage presence and vocal ability.

Icy, I read Sam is coming to Canada so maybe you will have a chance to see YOUR “idol” this year.

I wouldn't call you cool.
I never did get the resemblance to Elvis.
Maybe, maybe not, I will be able to go, but I hope Sam's tour goes well. He isn't my idol though.

Posted: 12 Aug 18, 21:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, having an obsession doesn't necessarily mean you are fixated on a celebrity's looks. It could be any number of things actually. I think you are obsessed with Freddie since he seems to be the most important thing to you based on many things you have said about how much he means to you. Also, you are really worred that anyone could be better or even close to Freddie's talent or whatever it might be about him. I really liked Elvis and I very much like Adam, but I don't think they figure that prominently in my life, if you get right down to it.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3473 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 18, 22:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Elvis will turn in his grave in Graceland if he knew he would be compared to Lamebird the annoying goat

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Aug 18, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, having an obsession doesn't necessarily mean you are fixated on a celebrity's looks. It could be any number of things actually. I think you are obsessed with Freddie since he seems to be the most important thing to you based on many things you have said about how much he means to you. Also, you are really worred that anyone could be better or even close to Freddie's talent or whatever it might be about him. I really liked Elvis and I very much like Adam, but I don't think they figure that prominently in my life, if you get right down to it.

Freddie means quite a bit to me, and yes I respect and admire the man...yes, even now. If that bothers you that I say that on a Queen board, that mind boggling really. When I do what sweetcaroline does, then you came back and say I'm obsessed about Freddie.
When I go to AL boards and lust over Freddie, then you can come back and throw things in my face.
I like a great deal of music, but very few people I'd put in the same league as Freddie and Queen.
I'm not ashamed to be a Freddie fan. It's amazing to me what the man did during his lifetime and how his legacy is intact after all this time.
Can't say the same about AL.

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 00:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It doesn't matter how successful or not the object of an obsession is. You are really tied up with Freddie and are very protective of him. I would say you are a Freddie Uber fan, if you would prefer that. You just show it in a different way than Caroline, but there is no real difference and I doubt very much that she lusts after Adam. That is a ridiculous thing to say! Just because an individual acknowledges that someone is attractive or sexy, doesn't mean a hill of beans. I find lots of men attractive and sexy, but I see it, say,"' Oh, he is a fine specimen" and I go on my way and don't think about it again. That in no way has anything to do with lust or any other silly thing! You need to get over that idea!

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 01:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will never understand, why it’s wrong for a fan to praise Lambert on a Queen + ADAM LAMBERT forum. This forum is to talk about the collaboration and Lambert is a part of it.

Yes, it can be too much Lambert talk for some. Many members here seem to dislike Sweetcaroline‘s posts.

I for one am even more bored by all the repetitions going on. Let Caroline post her links. It doesn’t hurt anyone. They are short. If you don’t like it, scroll through her posts, don’t read it.
All that blaming others just makes the atmosphere in this forum quite hateful.

And to be honest, it’s quite ridiculous to say, Lambert has no place here, when the forum has his name up there and he is fronting the band.

Even more ridiculous it is to say, it would be the same to go to a Lambert site and post about Freddie. That would only fit, if it was an AL + Freddie (or +Queen) site.

Rant over. Maybe you can think about it.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 03:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

It doesn't matter how successful or not the object of an obsession is. You are really tied up with Freddie and are very protective of him. I would say you are a Freddie Uber fan, if you would prefer that. You just show it in a different way than Caroline, but there is no real difference and I doubt very much that she lusts after Adam. That is a ridiculous thing to say! Just because an individual acknowledges that someone is attractive or sexy, doesn't mean a hill of beans. I find lots of men attractive and sexy, but I see it, say,"' Oh, he is a fine specimen" and I go on my way and don't think about it again. That in no way has anything to do with lust or any other silly thing! You need to get over that idea!

I think I'm very different than sweetcaroline. You don't see me doing what she did and does on Queen boards...or elsewhere for that matter. I do think she lusts over AL. Hell, I crushed on some celebrities too...in my teen years.
I think you and I have discussed looks before. For me, it's the last thing I think about when it comes to any celebrity.
To come on Queen boards to want and need to point out how goo looking AL is...that is a bit much. It's like if I went to AL boards and posted how Freddie, Brian, Roger and John looked.