forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 03:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

I will never understand, why it’s wrong for a fan to praise Lambert on a Queen + ADAM LAMBERT forum. This forum is to talk about the collaboration and Lambert is a part of it.

Yes, it can be too much Lambert talk for some. Many members here seem to dislike Sweetcaroline‘s posts.

I for one am even more bored by all the repetitions going on. Let Caroline post her links. It doesn’t hurt anyone. They are short. If you don’t like it, scroll through her posts, don’t read it.
All that blaming others just makes the atmosphere in this forum quite hateful.

And to be honest, it’s quite ridiculous to say, Lambert has no place here, when the forum has his name up there and he is fronting the band.

Even more ridiculous it is to say, it would be the same to go to a Lambert site and post about Freddie. That would only fit, if it was an AL + Freddie (or +Queen) site.

Rant over. Maybe you can think about it.

AL does have a place here. But this is a Queen board at the end of the day. Some random tweeter listening to an AL solo album and the fact that tweet was copied and pasted here earlier today.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, at the end of the day this thread is on a Queen board, but this particular thread is for Queen and Adam Lambert, so we can talk about him as fans. Fans post stuff if they want and Caroline wants to do that. She can do that, as she is not posting where the purely Queen threads are. I would rather either look at her posts or scroll than listen to all your complaining, because that is what you do.
I agree with Sealion 100% and I have told you before that scroll is your friend when it comes to Caroline and me, too, at times. At the end of the day, it is no skin off your nose, as they say, and you are not a mod here to tell her what she may and may not do. It would be a lot nicer if that problem would just go away. Maybe more people would brings things over that were interesting, if they knew someone wouldn't get all over their case.

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, at the end of the day this thread is on a Queen board, but this particular thread is for Queen and Adam Lambert, so we can talk about him as fans. Fans post stuff if they want and Caroline wants to do that. She can do that, as she is not posting where the purely Queen threads are. I would rather either look at her posts or scroll than listen to all your complaining, because that is what you do.
I agree with Sealion 100% and I have told you before that scroll is your friend when it comes to Caroline and me, too, at times. At the end of the day, it is no skin off your nose, as they say, and you are not a mod here to tell her what she may and may not do. It would be a lot nicer if that problem would just go away. Maybe more people would brings things over that were interesting, if they knew someone wouldn't get all over their case.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

You have been upset before in these threads when Freddie was discussed. Fact is, his music is living on, so he will be discussed...even in these threads.
I don't always complain. But how come you never have anything to say about sweetcaroline when she complains about Sam Smith? Bit of a double standard going on, I'm afraid.
It's up to me who I reply to here or not. Not long ago you said you were going to ignore my posts, obviously you aren't.
Is this what happens when there is no news about AL that someone has to copy and paste tweets and to try to defend how goo looking AL is?
People are free to post where they want. I do think it's a great idea have you and sweetcaroline don't bother to discuss Queen with Freddie on Queen boards. I think you both are missing out, and hey, you just might get to know other people. Queen fans are not the monsters that some think.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5026 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What are we supposed to discuss about a man who unfortunately has been gone for almost 27 years? We are discussing what is currently going on in the Queen family and not living in the past.

We are trying NOT to constantly compare the present with the past but YOU and others can’t accept that.

It’s true I can’t accept Sam Smith. I watched the repeat of Sam on SNL this past weekend which I missed the first time around and I just can’t see him being booked in large arenas when he is so pathetically boring both presence wise and vocally.

So there, I’ve provided you with at least 10 more pages of fodder to chew on since you can’t bring yourself to say anything positive about what is happening in the QAL collaboration in the QAL threads!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

What are we supposed to discuss about a man who unfortunately has been gone for almost 27 years? We are discussing what is currently going on in the Queen family and not living in the past.

We are trying NOT to constantly compare the present with the past but YOU and others can’t accept that.

It’s true I can’t accept Sam Smith. I watched the repeat of Sam on SNL this past weekend which I missed the first time around and I just can’t see him being booked in large arenas when he is so pathetically boring both presence wise and vocally.

So there, I’ve provided you with at least 10 more pages of fodder to chew on since you can’t bring yourself to say anything positive about what is happening in the QAL collaboration in the QAL threads!

How about the music he left the world with?! No, you would rather spam Queen boards about how goo looking AL is, sex beast, gorgeous, etc, than talk about Freddie's and Queen's music. Gee, and you wonder why you get the reactions you do sometimes. I think Freddie's and Queen's music is worth talking about. Too bad you don't. Says everything.
Think about where AL would be without Queen's music, he wouldn't be where he is now, that's for sure. Chew on that.
Erm, was it you just a couple of days ago who posted Freddie and AL's voices sounded alike. Yep, you were. What was that if not comparing the two.
You can't and won't accept that not everyone feels the way you do about AL. I don't know why it's so important for you that everyone has to love and support him. I like the guy, and I support him in some things, but not everything.
More Sam Smith gripes. And you label others and negative about AL, while being negative about other artists...double standards and hypocrisy from you once again. Chew on that.
You are just full of double standards and jealously when it comes to Sam Smith...or any other artist you don't like.
As for pages filling up. Says the person who has the be the one to start threads before anyone else can get a chance, world clocks, glowing articles, reviews, tweets, etc, plus your lusting, yep, you are a good one as always to try to deflect on me.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Something current about QAL in Vegas:

http://www.instagram.com/p/BmaHJMAB2Uu/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=83dgrx7a8rku

BTW, when I posted the comparison of Freddie and Adam singing BoRhap, it was from a QAL show performance and I posted it in response to all of the nasty comments about how Adam sounds like a goat. How come YOU never respond to those kinds of remarks, icy, since you call yourself an Adam fan? You go crazy defending others, but your silence is golden when it comes to defending Adam.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Something current about QAL in Vegas:

http://www.instagram.com/p/BmaHJMAB2Uu/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=83dgrx7a8rku

BTW, when I posted the comparison of Freddie and Adam singing BoRhap, it was from a QAL show performance and I posted it in response to all of the nasty comments about how Adam sounds like a goat. How come YOU never respond to those kinds of remarks, icy, since you call yourself an Adam fan? You go crazy defending others, but your silence is golden when it comes to defending Adam.

No, you jumped on the chance to compare them. I don't know why you did, because their voices are so different. You said they sounded alike when they didn't.
Why should I even have to defend AL? Would that make me a better AL fan and get Glambert code points or something? Really, you want me to defend AL now, it seems. LMAO.

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why not stop assuming that is what Caroline meant, when it is only what you think and I think you are often wrong as to her intent. I am sick of the sexy beast crap. She said that one time and none of the tweets, articles ever talk about sexy beast and yet you throw that into her face every post you write, it seems. She doesn't post stuff like that on here and I am not even sure there is stuff like that to find! Stop it! She CAN post articles, etc, if it is too much for you, scroll and not go on your many paragraphs worth of a tirade where you list every beef with her for the last year. We already know that. She loves Adam and hopes others will too. You love Freddie and don't want Adam singing his music or being lauded for doing so. That is it in a nut shell. Just scroLL. Truly, you should find another board where you can drool over Freddie as much as you want with others like you, like here on THIS Qeen board, and avoid this particular thread since you are a true Negative Nelle. It would be that simple. Threads are for fans, not people who throw shade at everything.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Why not stop assuming that is what Caroline meant, when it is only what you think and I think you are often wrong as to her intent. I am sick of the sexy beast crap. She said that one time and none of the tweets, articles ever talk about sexy beast and yet you throw that into her face every post you write, it seems. She doesn't post stuff like that on here and I am not even sure there is stuff like that to find! Stop it! She CAN post articles, etc, if it is too much for you, scroll and not go on your many paragraphs worth of a tirade where you list every beef with her for the last year. We already know that. She loves Adam and hopes others will too. You love Freddie and don't want Adam singing his music or being lauded for doing so. That is it in a nut shell. Just scroLL. Truly, you should find another board where you can drool over Freddie as much as you want with others like you, like here on THIS Qeen board, and avoid this particular thread since you are a true Negative Nelle. It would be that simple. Threads are for fans, not people who throw shade at everything.

She has said she hasn't and never will compare Freddie to AL. The fact she has, even a couple days ago.
Oh yes she has said AL was a sexual beast on QZ. Get your facts straight before going off on me. I will go find where she called him that and bump it for you.
She loves Adam and hopes others will too. Well, she's going the wrong way about it. She sure isn't helping...him or herself.
Why should I have to find another board? I'm allowed here. I guess that still bothers you. Why don't you go to the many AL boards that are out there? The ones that gossip about who he is hanging out with, going through his social media to see what he clicked liked on, for God's sake.
You are the one who is bitter about Freddie's legacy and can't get it into your head why he is discussed. I think you are one of two people here who should go and stay on AL site/s. Instead of telling me what to do on Queen boards.
Must be a hard pill for to swallow that AL is very unlikely to reach what Freddie and Queen did and their musical legacy. AL is nowhere even close to it.

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, sure I get why Freddie is discussed, it is a Queen board,m DUH!! But my point was that you throw anyone's lack of knowledge of Queen back in their faces and scream we can't appreciate anything Queen related without knowing all the little tidbits, kind of like the stuff you always make fun of on Adamtopia. I don't need to know those kinds of things. I either like the music or I don't, a history lesson doesn't change my mind and the stuff you post is nothing new or interesting. Tell me something earth shattering that might be worth knowing. I think you have totally misconstrued what I meant by too much Freddie. You keep saying we don't post about the music and neither do you. You have not had one solid contribution to any conversation that I have seen other than call out people for being Glamberts. How is that a discussion about the music? You ask other people questions and you throw shade, no discussions that I see.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 13 Aug 18, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, sure I get why Freddie is discussed, it is a Queen board,m DUH!! But my point was that you throw anyone's lack of knowledge of Queen back in their faces and scream we can't appreciate anything Queen related without knowing all the little tidbits, kind of like the stuff you always make fun of on Adamtopia. I don't need to know those kinds of things. I either like the music or I don't, a history lesson doesn't change my mind and the stuff you post is nothing new or interesting. Tell me something earth shattering that might be worth knowing. I think you have totally misconstrued what I meant by too much Freddie. You keep saying we don't post about the music and neither do you. You have not had one solid contribution to any conversation that I have seen other than call out people for being Glamberts. How is that a discussion about the music? You ask other people questions and you throw shade, no discussions that I see.

No one on both Queen boards does what is done by Glamberts on Adamtopia for one thing. I don't see people searching and posting what Brian May likes on social media for one thing. Never mind the gossip about who AL is seen with and things like that.
No, you don't have to know everything about Freddie and Queen. It would be cool if you knew about some of the most important parts of the history. Especially since you tend to lecture Queen fans in these threads about everything about AL.
In fact, I have discussed music and Queen here and on QOL. I doubt you look and read outside of these Q+AL threads. Pretty rich that you think I don't contribute here when you made it clear what you think of me from your first post here. That's why you are here, you are fooling no one when you say otherwise. Oh yes, the Queen fans should leave Queen boards, while you and your friend want to discuss how AL looks...yea, good luck in getting what you both want and so desperately need. I think you and sweetcaroline forget that this board for Queen. It's not Q+AL, even the fact that this forum is called Q+AL doesn't mean you can Lord it over people on what to post, and then go batshit tit for tat whatever the fk you both do when Freddie is discussed. If I compared Freddie with AL, I doubt you'd be happy, when sweetcaroline does it, you defend it and say she wasn't comparing them. I think you would defend AL and sweetcaroline no matter what. And you give me shit for being protective of Freddie like I should be ashamed of it. I think people who come here and QOL to promote and defend AL should be ashamed.

Posted: 14 Aug 18, 01:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It might be ineresting to compare Freddie's singing to Adam's or how they interact with the audience, what kind of things are different now, for example. How have they evolved since Queen first started, but that kind of discussion would not be allowed on here. Queen fans don't want to hear stuff like that and to me, that is what is interesting about Freddie and Adam and Queen compared to QAL. That is worth a discussion, but it will not happen, as there would be nothing but arguments, I am sure. I could care less about the tidbits about Adam on Adamtopia as it is way too intrusive and I don't know why ladies would waste their time discussing some of that crap. Are you happy I said that? I like Adam primarily for his voice and I think Queen is the perfect vehicle for his voice. His music does not do his voice justice for the most part. There are some songs I really love, but a lot of it is wasted space when he has a voice that is capable of so much more. I could care less that he is good looking, although I have said before, that is helpful in the music industry. That is a fact of life. I like him because he seems to be a kind, nice young man who was raised properly. He seems to care about his family, his friends and his fans. That is what I love about Adam. No one ever says bad things about him other than on Queen boards and to me, that is a shame. I don't want or desperately need anything, Icy. You go overboard here. I don't get that statement at all.

No, I don't go outside the QAL part, as I don't find Queen fans particularly nice to be honest. I don't know enough about Queen's history and I don't need any more ridicule than I get on here. That suffices, thank you very much! I guess you still haven't understood what my point about Freddie is, so I give up on that one. I am not lording it over anyone. You try to tell people like Caroline what she may or may not post, so taking your own advice as to what not to do, would be a step in the right direction for you.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Aug 18, 02:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

It might be ineresting to compare Freddie's singing to Adam's or how they interact with the audience, what kind of things are different now, for example. How have they evolved since Queen first started, but that kind of discussion would not be allowed on here. Queen fans don't want to hear stuff like that and to me, that is what is interesting about Freddie and Adam and Queen compared to QAL. That is worth a discussion, but it will not happen, as there would be nothing but arguments, I am sure. I could care less about the tidbits about Adam on Adamtopia as it is way too intrusive and I don't know why ladies would waste their time discussing some of that crap. Are you happy I said that? I like Adam primarily for his voice and I think Queen is the perfect vehicle for his voice. His music does not do his voice justice for the most part. There are some songs I really love, but a lot of it is wasted space when he has a voice that is capable of so much more. I could care less that he is good looking, although I have said before, that is helpful in the music industry. That is a fact of life. I like him because he seems to be a kind, nice young man who was raised properly. He seems to care about his family, his friends and his fans. That is what I love about Adam. No one ever says bad things about him other than on Queen boards and to me, that is a shame. I don't want or desperately need anything, Icy. You go overboard here. I don't get that statement at all.

No, I don't go outside the QAL part, as I don't find Queen fans particularly nice to be honest. I don't know enough about Queen's history and I don't need any more ridicule than I get on here. That suffices, thank you very much! I guess you still haven't understood what my point about Freddie is, so I give up on that one. I am not lording it over anyone. You try to tell people like Caroline what she may or may not post, so taking your own advice as to what not to do, would be a step in the right direction for you.

Freddie was a more natural performer than AL has been up till now. I doubt that will change. Let's compare Freddie and AL at the ages during notable times in their careers. Freddie trumps AL in that regard.
Thanks for being reasonable about Adamtopia. That is intrusive to say the least, really no better than tabloids, but the fans who do it, think it's out of love for Adam. Being that intrusive isn't love, it borders on obsesseion in my books. Same thing here when private moments of AL and his family and godchild are posted about...never a need to do it as far as I am concerned.
I am glad you like AL for his voice. Seriously, that's a relief to hear.
Some of AL's fans worship the ground he walks on. I don't think that's a good thing...for AL or the fans.
I don't think you have tried to get to know any Queen fans...and I do think that's a shame, because most Queen fans are awesome people. Don't judge them by me and my posts or what is said in Q+AL threads, because there's more than meets the eye..or rather more than text on a screen.
You are lording it over when you tell me I should find a Freddie board. I'm perfectly happy on QZ and QOL. Yes, I'm loud, obnoxious, stubborn, and hash at times, who hasn't been? You are pointing out my faults while not saying anything to or about your friend sweetcaroline when her faults ate obvious...in fact you defend it.
What you wanted months ago, was me to be banned. Maybe you still want me banned for all I know.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 14 Aug 18, 04:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stop cluttering up this Vegas thread before the Vegas residency even begins!!!!!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Aug 18, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Stop cluttering up this Vegas thread before the Vegas residency even begins!!!!!

Why don't you stop with your goo looking, gorgeous, sexy beast hunky, scruffy crap that you post?

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

Posted: 14 Aug 18, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ParkMGM .....

http://www.parkmgm.com/en.html

SweetCaroline

Posted: 14 Aug 18, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don’t think this behind the scenes look has been posted previously:

http://www.loudersound.com/amp/features/freddie-frank-and-the-halo-how-queens-spectacular-arena-show-rocked-the-uk

SweetCaroline

Posted: 16 Aug 18, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great interview today at KTLA regarding QAL Vegas show and passing of Aretha:

http://www.pscp.tv/w/bkXIqjF4blFyWFdKWXh5all8MXZPeHdWdm9kcE5KQumzZ5jrq1k2zUnfQv0l49AGeUk_IhupRb5H640eOoxc?t=30s