Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QUEEN+ADAM LAMBERT DO VEGAS

forum rss feed
Author

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vegas is not necessarily for the die hard Queen fans. It will be a shorter show and lots of the folks going will be people there on vacation who decide to see a show. Many of the tickets also go to the high rollers, so judging its success is not quite as simple as a regular show. You probably won't know until that night how full it will be. Most people who are not huge Queen fans will be thrilled with the hits, there are a ton of them. No reason to do deep cuts for that crowd. I am sure they will love whatever the show entails, as it is always spectacular. I am also with Caroline on not wanting to see Marc Martel. I have watched a ton of youtubes and he doesn't always sound that great. His voice doesn't appear to do well over the long haul and he never sings in the Queen production the amount that Adam sings. His fans always make excuses like, "Well, it is the end of the tour, etc...". He also appears not to have a lot of natural charisma. I don't think I would enjoy seeing him at all.
I am hoping that QAL will do a regular N American tour with a 2 plus hour show and the opportunity to add a new song or two and to hear one of Adam's, since I loved the addition of Lucy. That was my favorite song that he sang with them. Having Brian play on it made it very special.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Vegas is not necessarily for the die hard Queen fans. It will be a shorter show and lots of the folks going will be people there on vacation who decide to see a show. Many of the tickets also go to the high rollers, so judging its success is not quite as simple as a regular show. You probably won't know until that night how full it will be. Most people who are not huge Queen fans will be thrilled with the hits, there are a ton of them. No reason to do deep cuts for that crowd. I am sure they will love whatever the show entails, as it is always spectacular. I am also with Caroline on not wanting to see Marc Martel. I have watched a ton of youtubes and he doesn't always sound that great. His voice doesn't appear to do well over the long haul and he never sings in the Queen production the amount that Adam sings. His fans always make excuses like, "Well, it is the end of the tour, etc...". He also appears not to have a lot of natural charisma. I don't think I would enjoy seeing him at all.
I am hoping that QAL will do a regular N American tour with a 2 plus hour show and the opportunity to add a new song or two and to hear one of Adam's, since I loved the addition of Lucy. That was my favorite song that he sang with them. Having Brian play on it made it very special.

I know people who have traveled quite a bit to go see Elton John during his Vegas shows. How Elton pulled hs shows off was perfect, pretty much like going to a regular show of of his.
I don't see MM fans making excuses. MM does things his way, and AL does things his way. Right now, I wouldn't mind a best of both worlds, but that was Freddie who did that very well.
I can't see much other than the hits being performed by Q+AL. It will hard to pick which ones because there is a few. Some of which were hits in Europe were not hits n North America...so it's a bit of a pickle.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5025 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have seen both Adam and Marc in person so I think I am qualified to judge and compare each of their vocal, stage presence and natural charisma abilities.

Those who have NOT seen them in person are NOT qualified to compare them! Period!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 21:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I have seen both Adam and Marc in person so I think I am qualified to judge and compare each of their vocal, stage presence and natural charisma abilities.

Those who have NOT seen them in person are NOT qualified to compare them! Period!

No, sorry in your post above you wanted MM to perform with Brian and Roger to see how awful it would be...with MM never having the chance that AL has and is having, you jumped right to that conclusion that it would be awful.
You have seen both artists, sure, but your loyalty is with AL. To hell with everyone else in your mind. You don't even want other opinions unless people have seen Q+AL in person. Your usual clapback, and you have been saying that for years. It's bullshit, because you have never seen or will see the other artists you get a kick out of slamming.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3473 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yup MM can at least sing - someting AL is desperately trying but failing miserably. Apart from that MM is a nice down to earth guy - while Lamebert is an annoying jack ass

SweetCaroline

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That’s true I will never see Adele or Sam in person because I don’t want to spend money to be bored to death! LOL

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

That’s true I will never see Adele or Sam in person because I don’t want to spend money to be bored to death! LOL

Then you are a hypocrite. LOL...thanks for proving it.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Yup MM can at least sing -

What has Matt Munro got to do with this?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Yup MM can at least sing - someting AL is desperately trying but failing miserably. Apart from that MM is a nice down to earth guy - while Lamebert is an annoying jack ass

AL isn't so smart or original the way some here think he is. I can't get over him calling the Vegas run The Crown Jewels.
Sometimes he makes it too obvious about the coattails he is riding n these past few years.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 22:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

. . . while Lamebert is an annoying jack ass

So are you.!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who said Adam named the Vegas residency without any input from the two main guys?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 23:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Who said Adam named the Vegas residency without any input from the two main guys?

Did you listen to the recent interview or not? Then you'd know.
I don't know if Brian and Roger had any input about calling it TCJ or not. IMO, it's very lazy to use a name that has been used for a Queen product before. I know you think he is original, yada yada, but he isn't all that. He proves it by calling it the exact same thing that was used for a Queen release. Not good in my books. Of course you will likely say if Brian and Roger had a problem with it, they would not have let it happen.
Before you try to clapback at me for this, I remember your outrage on QOLwhen Madonna had the same name for her song Ghost Town that AL did for his song.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 24 Aug 18, 01:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Crown Jewels sounds like a perfect name for a Queen event. I’m sure Freddie will be shown and maybe even John so the original band will be well represented. Freddie’s 72nd Birthday will be celebrated if it falls on one of the show dates.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 24 Aug 18, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, Wednesday, September 5th is one of the dates!

That would be a good day for you and your Mom to go, Icy — the treat of a lifetime!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 24 Aug 18, 01:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, I thought it was only Adam who has been riding a bicycle:

http://www.teescherry.com/1608-queen-fm-2

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 24 Aug 18, 02:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes, Wednesday, September 5th is one of the dates!

That would be a good day for you and your Mom to go, Icy — the treat of a lifetime!

My mother is still very ill, unable to travel these days. I don't want to leave her as long as a trip like that would take. Shame on you for even bringing my motherr into this, even after I explained to you on QOL why I couldn't go.
After this, don't you dare give me shit for not being able to go ever again.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 24 Aug 18, 02:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

The Crown Jewels sounds like a perfect name for a Queen event. I’m sure Freddie will be shown and maybe even John so the original band will be well represented. Freddie’s 72nd Birthday will be celebrated if it falls on one of the show dates.

Of course you would think it's perfect...because AL called the run for Vegas TCJ. Fact is, it's been used before. It suited the box set better than this, IMO.
Yeah, Freddie will be shown and John too, at least I hope.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 18, 02:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am not sure why a brand new name needs to be used. Queen is kind of a nostalgia group and they play their hits from long ago. So why not reuse a name that is associated with their history? Even if you don't know the significance of that name, Royalty and Queen and Crown Jewels just kind of fit together. I think it is a great name that fits what they are doing. Sometimes you just don't need to reinvent the wheel! Just another excuse to bash Adam seems like to me.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 24 Aug 18, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I am not sure why a brand new name needs to be used. Queen is kind of a nostalgia group and they play their hits from long ago. So why not reuse a name that is associated with their history? Even if you don't know the significance of that name, Royalty and Queen and Crown Jewels just kind of fit together. I think it is a great name that fits what they are doing. Sometimes you just don't need to reinvent the wheel! Just another excuse to bash Adam seems like to me.

I said even before I knew AL came up with the idea to call it TCJ that I wished something else was used instead. No matter who had the idea to call it TCJ, I wish something else could have been thought about and actually used instead.
You know since you read my posts on QOL so much, it's over there and here what I had to say about it.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 24 Aug 18, 03:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone needs to inform the QAL bunch that in the future if they plan anymore events they MUST get final approval from icy in Canada regarding set list, costumes, props and the songs that are absolutely off limits!!!!!