Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QUEEN+ADAM LAMBERT DO VEGAS

forum rss feed
Author

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1665 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 May 18, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good for them!

Queen could and should have done Vegas long before.

Like it or not, they are perfect for it. Elvis, Elton, Prince, Kiss, Santana all did Vegas. Why souldn't Queen do it?

I hope they make a shitload of money and will be offered a second run.

Don't like it? Don't see them.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^^^^ totally agree, rock bands are doing vegas now. It's apparently very lucrative and it's certainly easier than travelling between shows, limited soundcheck needed and only a short flight to LA so they won't even have to stay in vegas between shows. Win win it seems.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5922 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

^^^^^ totally agree, rock bands are doing vegas now. It's apparently very lucrative

How much money do you or they think they need?

Win win it seems.

Except for reputation and musical integrity.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 20:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

^^^^^ totally agree, rock bands are doing vegas now. It's apparently very lucrative

Win win it seems.

AL might need money once Q+AL is over. I don't think his solo career can roll it in as easy as the shows with Brian and Roger have done.

I don't think the guys care about reputation... and I feel much of the integrity went out the door with Brian and Roger by appearing on Idol in the first place. I remember they appeared on Canadian Idol in 2007, and that was before AL's season.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 08 May 18, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Well, obviously Brian and Roger don't feel that inserting AL into pretty much all of Queen's business is shameful, so it doesn't really matter what you think. After 6 years AL is part of the Queen family to the members of QAL and he is treated as such. All that matter is what Brian and Roger and the other guys think and they oviously think this will be a resounding success and that Queen Jewels is an awesome name. Why reinvent the wheel? All sorts of big names are hitting Vegas and I am sure it will be all sorts of fun for Brian, Roger, and Adam and for all the adoring fans that will get to see this show!

. Based on your so few posts about Freddie and Queen on both Queen message boards, I will dare say I'm a bigger Queen fan than you are. Besides, you can't fanthom why so many Queen fans still respect and admire Freddie and John after all this time. Don't come here ranting at me or about it doesn't matter what I think regarding Brian and Roger fitting in AL every possible way. It might not matter to them, you might not agree with me, and I might not agree with you, but I will state how I feel.
More AL than ever before and even less Freddie will never sit well with me, especially knowing the fact if not for Freddie, AL would not be where he is now. If anything, Freddie should be shown more than he has been recently. Maybe with this Vegas run there might be a chance to have more of Freddie...at least I hope so. A date falls on Freddie birthday...maybe something special on that date?

Did you not know The Crown Jewels have been in use before by Queen? How lazy it is to copy that and the look to be to be used for anything to do with Q+AL? Very lazy in my POV. Of all the things that could have been used they go ahead and use something else that's already been a part of the Queen history. Of course it doesn't matter for you, cause Queen history doesn't matter to you. Only Q+AL matters for you and I think that's safe to say. And only Adam Lambert matters to you regarding that.

Yes, I'm sure this will be fun for some and good for the guys, it should be easier for Brian and Roger to be in one place. I absolutely hope it goes well for all concerned.
And I hope this isn't marking the end of Brian and Roger playing live. Las Vegas with such a short run... after Brian and Roger being such an important part of rock touring and rock show history...the Vegas run is a little underwhelming for me.
( I'm not knockng anyone who is going to these shows or not going. I never have and I never will. )

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 08 May 18, 21:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

From my personal experience: the group of die-hard fans is really small. The group of die-hards, who have a problem with what Brian and Roger are doing, is even smaller.
They are just very vocal on some internet-sites, but that won‘t stop thousands of other fans (diehards and casuals) to enjoy it.

I certainly don‘t care for Vegas, but if Brian, Roger and Adam want this: So be it.

Besides, Brian and Roger were often not attending Freddie‘s birthday. It‘s not even a special one. Maybe they can send a “Hello“ from Vegas :)

Freddie's birthday is often special, if Brian and Roger appear or not, I don't think that's the point. Lots of money raised for the MPT by some fans, and that I think is pretty special.
People remember Freddie in their own ways, and I hope something will be said on the 5th of September show by Brian and Roger to mark it.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 08 May 18, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Win win it seems.

They don't need the money but I'm sure they wouldn't turn it down and like I said there's a whole host of reasons Vegas makes sense.

As to reputation & integrity, no one outside of some die hard Queen fans would even think of it that way.

Posted: 08 May 18, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

^^^^^ totally agree, rock bands are doing vegas now. It's apparently very lucrative and it's certainly easier than travelling between shows, limited soundcheck needed and only a short flight to LA so they won't even have to stay in vegas between shows. Win win it seems.

Bingo.

And at their age I say: well deserved.

People talking about 'how much money they need' and 'musical integrity' have no clue how the music biz works.

Vegas makes total sense for them at this stage in their career (classic jukebox band)

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 08 May 18, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

More like you have no clue about musical integrity.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 08 May 18, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people on streets wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Bingo.

And at their age I say: well deserved.

People talking about 'how much money they need' and 'musical integrity' have no clue how the music biz works.

Vegas makes total sense for them at this stage in their career (classic jukebox band)

AL isn't what I would call classic. Sorry, not his blood, sweat and tears that went went into making Queen songs classics, legendary, known around the world.
I doubt AL could even get a Vegas residency for his own solo music.

ggo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 298 posts

Posted: 09 May 18, 01:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess the good thing about doing Vegas is they don't need to pretend that they care about doing deep cuts, they can just play the hits because it's Vegas and that's what Vegas shows are about. Well residencies are anyway.

I won't be going, not because I have no interest but just cause Vegas in September isn't going to work for me. I'm in Europe in August and the wallet will be empty.

The theatre looks fantastic and even in the cheap seats you'll be getting a fantastic view. No one is too far from the stage.
I'll be stunned if they don't release a blu ray from it.

It will be very carefully choreographed and will never have surprises, it's important to get the punters back out to the gaming machines on time. Vegas contracts usually have very severe financial penalties for overrunning.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5031 posts

Posted: 09 May 18, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bitch! Bitch! Bitch!

The legacy lives on despite all of the negative naysayers!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 May 18, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Bitch! Bitch! Bitch!

The legacy lives on despite all of the negative naysayers!

Like you never have bitched about anything, right *sarcasm*.
The Queen legacy was living on before AL, and it will live on after AL...and that's not due to AL, hate to break it to you.
How quick you can say people are negative naysayers because they don't feel the way you do about your almighty Lambert.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 May 18, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I say negative naysayers because they believe Freddie and John were the band and Brian and Roger were two bystanders who deserve no respect. Adam has nothing to do with the decisions being made by those important founding members and the people who don’t support them should keep their mouths shut and find something or someone else to support!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 May 18, 05:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I say negative naysayers because they believe Freddie and John were the band and Brian and Roger were two bystanders who deserve no respect. Adam has nothing to do with the decisions being made by those important founding members and the people who don’t support them should keep their mouths shut and find something or someone else to support!

Where has that been said? I didn't see anyone here or on QOL post that Freddie and John were the band. Were they important? Hell yes, all four members were important. The four members made Queen legendary. AL isn't a part of that legendary status with Brian and Roger or his own music, sorry not sorry, that's facts. Please don't come back with the cusual crap about AL is a legend, iconic that you feel he is.
Adam has nothing to do with any descions Brian and Roger make? Well ok. Not long ago, it was stated Adam had some input. And now it's said by you he has nothing to do with descions. Hmm, alrighty then. You said the bike was AL's idea. But hey, so be it if now you fee has nothing to do with any descions. If he hasn't bee on any descions, AL is more of a puppet than I thought!
No way in hell sweetcaroline/ CNB should people keep their mouths shut if they don't agree with you, about Q+AL.. Your jig is up girl,. You take ever that isn't praise for AL very personal for some reason/s. Who the hell are you to tell anyone to shut up and find something else to support, especially when no one has been all that negative lately. And so what if other POVs differ from yours? You aren't even wanting other views to be put out there, unless it matches yours, and/or a fellow Glambert...once again. Every single time you react this way and label people as negative and naysayers, and wose things.
Thing is, you have been negative yourself about many other artists and their music and their fans countless times. But you don't want anything said that you don't like and/or agree with. It is not up to you how people feel on Queen board/s no less. You don't get to dictate how and why others feel the way the do.

I don't know why you are so upset here tonight.

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 09 May 18, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Since you previously admitted your knowledge of Queen is limited to listening to a Greatest Hits cd, you are in no position to talk about Queen's legacy, nor to tell people to "shut up".

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 May 18, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Since you previously admitted your knowledge of Queen is limited to listening to a Greatest Hits cd, you are in no position to talk about Queen's legacy, nor to tell people to "shut up".

She's not a Queen fan. I doubt she's a Brian and Roger fan. She's an AL fan only.
She is aways trying to get people to be fans of AL, but she will never achieve it by the way she goes about things.

Posted: 09 May 18, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

More like you have no clue about musical integrity.

Brian May is the founding member of this band. Roger Taylor the second member.

They can do whatever they want and call it Queen.

'musical integrity' is a non-existing term.

Grow up kid.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 May 18, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whatever Brian and Roger have done in the past or do in the future since Freddie and John are no longer with them has been fine with me. I don’t take up tons of bandwidth bitching about what they should be doing. I accept what they are doing and support it. Some day none of them will be living and performing so I believe they should be appreciated and enjoyed NOW !!!!’

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 09 May 18, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people on streets wrote:

Brian May is the founding member of this band. Roger Taylor the second member.

Nope. They were members of Smile. Fred took the wreckage of Smile, an unsuccessful band that was little more than a clone of any number of blues/hippy bands (one of 100s, maybe 1000s) and turned that into Queen. Fred provided the name, the logo, and the stage presence. He shifted the band away from its vaguely bluesy style towards glam rock. And he wrote most of the early hits (Brian wrote only one top 10 hit in the 1970s, and even that was a double A side with Fred's WATC). Not that any of that matters. Your point is irrelevant.

people on streets wrote:

They can do whatever they want and call it Queen.

Thank you for stating the obvious, like any number of drones before you. They can of course do what they like and I can of course offer an opinion on it. As can you. And everyone else here. Is that obvious enough for you to understand?

people on streets wrote:

'musical integrity' is a non-existing term.

Factually and intellectually, that's also incorrect.

people on streets wrote:

Grow up kid.

It's usually a good idea only to be condescending when you have something to condescend about. I've been a Queen fan for nearly 3 decades. Is that good enough for you kid?