Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QUEEN+ADAM LAMBERT DO VEGAS

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5026 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“VEGAS: One of the BEST EPIC SHOWS I have seen was: QUEEN + @adamlambert Do not MISS seeing this monumental show kicking off a 10 day stint @parkmgm Saturday evening. Thunderous standing ovations!”

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

Wonder if they'll be doing a "rehearsal" on the day of the show :D :D

Maybe.
I honestly think rehearsing isn't a priority for Q+AL.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

According to Brian who does write music, does know about range and vocal abilities and is/was closely involved with both Adam and Freddie:

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00125620.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I found this video of the full press conference with Brian, Roger and Adam in Vegas:
http://youtu.be/2CyiuXLeeLQ

So Frank will stay, the setlist wasn‘t decided on yet and they seem to stay in Vegas for the whole time(?). Let’s see, if they really dare to change something for each show.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yay, thanks for posting that. It’s nice to see the whole video instead of just bits and pieces!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5121 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

I found this video of the full press conference with Brian, Roger and Adam in Vegas:

So Frank will stay, the setlist wasn‘t decided on yet and they seem to stay in Vegas for the whole time(?). Let’s see, if they really dare to change something for each show.

The set list wasn't decided on? Are they just going to wing it?

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Sealion wrote:

That was on Tuesday. They said, that they had just talked about the setlist on the plane to Vegas. But nothing was decided. They would do that during rehearsals, which were set to start right after the press conference.

The problem is, that they don‘t know, what kind of audience to expect. The interviewer asked for some deep cuts, Roger answered yes, they were thinking about it ect. Then Brian mentioned, that they thought more about playing the hits, because they had to many...
so depending on the audience reactions they would try to make it fit.

Actually my impression was, they were going for greatest hits /Crown Jewels, but maybe they will now incorporate one or two deep cuts, because that manager asked for it. But I don‘t really know.
Since they are still Brian and Roger, I‘m sure, that they have decided on a setlist by now. At least for the first night. ;)

SweetCaroline

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It sounds like they might change up the set list for each show!

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Sealion wrote:

That was on Tuesday. They said, that they had just talked about the setlist on the plane to Vegas. But nothing was decided. They would do that during rehearsals, which were set to start right after the press conference.

The problem is, that they don‘t know, what kind of audience to expect. The interviewer asked for some deep cuts, Roger answered yes, they were thinking about it ect. Then Brian mentioned, that they thought more about playing the hits, because they had to many...

Actually my impression was, they were going for greatest hits /Crown Jewels, but maybe they will now incorporate one or two deep cuts, because that manager asked for it. But I don‘t really know.
Since they are still Brian and Roger, I‘m sure, that they have decided on a setlist by now. At least for the first night. ;)

You might know the answer to this. Did AL travel from LA to Vegas? If so, that's not a long flight I assume. So depending on where AL met up with Brian and Roger, it seems they didn't have much time to discuss the set list at all. Yikes, especially if they will be adding deeper cuts.
I don't understand why the guys don't rehearse more. I wish they did rehearse manage more, the Queen catalogue can be tough to perform, and some difficult as heck, but I do think if Q+AL rehearsed more, there would be more chances to dig deeper into the catalogue.

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All three of them traveled together from LA to Vegas. That press conference took place in the hangar of the airport. They just walked in from their private plane, you can see it in the video.

They had 4-5 days of rehearsals, depending if they rehearse today. I for one think, that‘s fine.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 23:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Sealion wrote:

You might know the answer to this. Did AL travel from LA to Vegas? If so, that's not a long flight I assume. So depending on where AL met up with Brian and Roger, it seems they didn't have much time to discuss the set list at all. Yikes, especially if they will be adding deeper cuts.
I don't understand why the guys don't rehearse more. I wish they did rehearse manage more, the Queen catalogue can be tough to perform, and some difficult as heck, but I do think if Q+AL rehearsed more, there would be more chances to dig deeper into the catalogue.

They flew into Vegas together from LA so around a 45 minute flight and went straight to rehearsals after the press conference. They'll have the basic set list of songs that they've been doing during this last tour so I imagine from what they said they'll stick mostly to the hits and maybe put an odd different song in here and there if they think the audience will be receptive. Adam often learns songs on his own, he gets Spike to record them without any vocals so he can practice them himself and he has loads of Queen songs on his phone that he sings along to, probably one's they might be considering, and since they're staying in Vegas for the three weeks I would think they'll manage to rehearse quite a bit between shows if they decide to do new one's. Can't really see them changing much tbh, it will likely be a more casual audience than their usual one's.

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 23:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

All three of them traveled together from LA to Vegas. That press conference took place in the hangar of the airport. They just walked in from their private plane, you can see it in the video.

They had 4-5 days of rehearsals, depending if they rehearse today. I for one think, that‘s fine.

Sorry you must have posted this as I was typing.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 00:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Sealion wrote:

They flew into Vegas together from LA so around a 45 minute flight and went straight to rehearsals after the press conference. They'll have the basic set list of songs that they've been doing during this last tour so I imagine from what they said they'll stick mostly to the hits and maybe put an odd different song in here and there if they think the audience will be receptive. Adam often learns songs on his own, he gets Spike to record them without any vocals so he can practice them himself and he has loads of Queen songs on his phone that he sings along to, probably one's they might be considering, and since they're staying in Vegas for the three weeks I would think they'll manage to rehearse quite a bit between shows if they decide to do new one's. Can't really see them changing much tbh, it will likely be a more casual audience than their usual one's.

Hmm.
I think the guys also said the want to catch other Vegas shows, so that will take up some of the time at least.
I can't see them changing much either...and I still think that's a shame in more ways than one. Casual fans or not, why not grab concert goers attention with a song or two that Q+AL have not performed before?
Good luck to the guys, even with smaller shows like this will be different for them.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 00:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The main thing tonight is how is the arena show going to transfer into a smaller location. Although ..... they did do the Dublin show at an outdoor stage in July and last year they were also on a smaller stage at the Hollywood Bowl.

I saw a tweet that Adam went to a Cirque de Soleil Show last night. Not sure if they all went.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 00:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here we go .....

“@DrBrianMay SHOW NIGHT !!! This is what no audience will ever see - sweeping, cleaning, final polishing and - for show #1 - we are SET !!! Bri”

http://www.instagram.com/p/BnNCd7ShX9T/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1asl73ew4c1ym

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 01:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

The main thing tonight is how is the arena show going to transfer into a smaller location. Although ..... they did do the Dublin show at an outdoor stage in July and last year they were also on a smaller stage at the Hollywood Bowl.

I saw a tweet that Adam went to a Cirque de Soleil Show last night. Not sure if they all went.

Yeah Adam's friend Charl Brown, Brian, Roger & Sarina all went with him.

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 01:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Here we go .....

“@DrBrianMay SHOW NIGHT !!! This is what no audience will ever see - sweeping, cleaning, final polishing and - for show #1 - we are SET !!! Bri”

http://www.instagram.com/p/BnNCd7ShX9T/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1asl73ew4c1ym>

Show's how intimate the venue is, should be interesting. I wonder if they'll still have the 3D wall.