Bohemian: 493 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Sealion wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Get out of here runner, ...

Just ignore him.

YOu should have postesd her insult as well.

No. I don‘t repost insults. I told her to ignore you, because I don‘t want to read your childish fights. Not from her and not from you.

If you don‘t want to read about QAL in Vegas, then leave this thread, and don‘t write provocations.

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The setlist from the first show, Sept. 1:

1. We Will Rock You (fast)
2. Tie Your Mother Down
3. Somebody To Love
4. Fat Bottom Girls
5. Killer Queen
6. Don’t Stop Me Now
7. Bicycle Race
8. I’m In Love With My Car
9. Another One Bites The Dust
10. I Want It All
11. Love Of My Life
12. Heartbreak Hotel
13. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
14. Drum Battle (short version)
15. Under Pressure
16. (Take My Breath Away intro – instrumental)
17. Who Wants To Live Forever
18. Guitar Solo
19. The Show Must Go On
20. Radio Ga Ga
21. Bohemian Rhapsody
Encore:
22. AYO’s
23. We Will Rock You
24. We Are The Champions

I‘m surprised, that it’s still that long - considered that Vegas shows are often short. This one is 2 hours. Even the drum battle stayed. Roger must really like it. ;)

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looks like a fun concert! I thought Heartbreak Hotel was an awesome choice to go with CLTCL. When you think of Vegas, you think of Elvis and there is a Queen tie, so I found it really cool. He sings a lot in his lower register during the first part of the show which I found a little different, but when you get to the WWTLF and SMGO, he was back up there. I prefer his tone in the higher range, but it was interesting to hear him sing some of the songs a little differently, at least to me. The song that impressed me the most was Show Must Go On. For a long time I didn't really like it when he sang it, but it started getting better during the latter half of the last tour. Last nights version was stellar, at least for me. I think he finally has that one down and it is beaurtiful, right up there with WWTLF. Those are my two favs. The show was sold out and people were screaming at the top of their lungs on the stream, so I think it was a success for an opening. Brian and Roger were smiling and seemed to be having great fun in the youtubes. I am very happy for them!!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“And there you have it Vegas. Live music with real musicians, a vocalist who is beyond compare, a performance level that is off the chart. @QueenWillRock @adamlambert This residency will blow your mind. #TheCrownJewels #ParkMGMTheater #LasVegas #livemusic”

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Been listening to about 35 seconds of WWRY and about 1 minute of Heartbreak Hotel before I had to vomit. OPening with a satin purple robe did not help either. He still looks like an overweight ladyboy and sings like a goat being raped. Elvis will turn in his Graceland grave if he heard this crap version of HH. Even worse than his Whole Lotta Love desaster. The embarrassment continues. They seem to have stepped even lower than they already have.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

35 seconds and 1 minute out of 2 hours is certainly a fair example. NOT! You are beyond exasperating and shameful. You are trying to shut good people up just like the imbeciles who are running America but it is not going to work.

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha I hate Trump but if he ever bans crap music like QAL I am all with him you stupid POS.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

The setlist from the first show, Sept. 1:

1. We Will Rock You (fast)
2. Tie Your Mother Down
3. Somebody To Love
4. Fat Bottom Girls
5. Killer Queen
6. Don’t Stop Me Now
7. Bicycle Race
8. I’m In Love With My Car
9. Another One Bites The Dust
10. I Want It All
11. Love Of My Life
12. Heartbreak Hotel
13. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
14. Drum Battle (short version)
15. Under Pressure
16. (Take My Breath Away intro – instrumental)
17. Who Wants To Live Forever
18. Guitar Solo
19. The Show Must Go On
20. Radio Ga Ga
21. Bohemian Rhapsody
Encore:
22. AYO’s
23. We Will Rock You
24. We Are The Champions

I‘m surprised, that it’s still that long - considered that Vegas shows are often short. This one is 2 hours. Even the drum battle stayed. Roger must really like it. ;)

I'm surprised...shocked that the drum battle was performed. Maybe it'll be switched up with Brian's solo.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“And there you have it Vegas. Live music with real musicians, a vocalist who is beyond compare, a performance level that is off the chart. @QueenWillRock @adamlambert This residency will blow your mind. #TheCrownJewels #ParkMGMTheater #LasVegas #livemusic”

You don't have to copy and paste every tweet that you think proves other POVs wrong. Just saying.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don’t have to prove anything. They are wonderful!

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why should Roger‘s Drum Battle be switched up with Brian‘s Solo? They are both still part of the setlist.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

Why should Roger‘s Drum Battle be switched up with Brian‘s Solo? They are both still part of the setlist.

Switch places I meant.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I don’t have to prove anything. They are wonderful!

So you say but...
Then why copy and paste the tweets then?

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Sealion wrote:

Switch places I meant.

Why?
Brian‘s solo is there, so that AL gets some rest between the vocally very challenging WWTLF and TSMGO. Plus it‘s an absolute visual highlight of the show. A nice change after Adam‘s dramatic rendition of WWTLF.

Why would you change that?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have been posting Brian’s tweets to keep everyone up on what they are doing!

Why don’t you make a new rule for yourself that you are only going to post POSITIVE messages because really, people, negativity is not good for a healthy and long life.

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 21:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Too bad there is nothing positive to mention when it comes to this awful disgrace called QAL

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Why don’t you make a new rule for yourself that you are only going to post POSITIVE messages because really, people, negativity is not good for a healthy and long life.

You have posted many tweets every tour and those were not all from Brian. What are you going to do, post every glowing tweet, article that you come across, one right after the other? Sure seems like it again.
What should I post postive messages? For you? LMAO. Tough shit you can't handle any other views than your own or those you agree with.
Where have I been negative about last night's show?
Posting the way you do, post after post, almost a full page of this thread has been taken up by mostly your posts, and that isn't good. At least I have a mind of my own own, and don't post tweets and articles that are glowing that you hope to prove others wrong. That's why you do it, those were your own words a few months back.

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

The links are OK, but it would actually help, if you would write, what the link is about. I don‘t click on links without knowing, where it takes me. This information is often missing.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Sealion wrote:

Switch places I meant.

Why?
Brian‘s solo is there, so that AL gets some rest between the vocally very challenging WWTLF and TSMGO. Plus it‘s an absolute visual highlight of the show. A nice change after Adam‘s dramatic rendition of WWTLF.

Why would you change that?

To make it interesting, to shake the set list up a bit.
I think Brian really likes the solo, it's been there for years now. Sometimes I like it more than others, but changing the placement of it could be a good thing? Brian has said these shows would be live and dangerous..I haven't seen anything dangerous during the first show. Even the Elvis cover while unexpected for Q+AL to do, it's not what I'd call dangerous.
Just giving my thoughts, and thanks for allowing me to do so.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 02 Sep 18, 22:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The drum battle and guitar solo are placed perfectly in this show. They DID shake up the order. STL is in the first segment. HH and CLTCL are after Brian/Freddie do LOML and then the drum battle after that followed by UP. It is perfect because the stage crew has time to set up and take down the drums on the catwalk. They have it down to a science and I admire how smoothly these professionals operate. I like how Adam starts HH over by Spike giving the crew time to set up those catwalk drums. And they didn’t need two weeks to figure it out, icy!